Always Growing In My Garden

Time for an update on the Golden Tiger

She has been moving along with no problems and filling the net nicely. Overall the @ViparSpectra XS-2000 has done an exceptional job of light distribution. She is just shy of week 9 of flower of 14. That does not included any additional time that may be added on from my light manipulation test. 4/20 was the finishing date before I started playing.

She has been fed basic schedule of @Blue Planet Nutrients this whole grow and her current ppm's are around 1200. To me this seems high but it works with Blue Planet Nutrient line. They have the range of 1050 - 1300, but I try to side with the 1050 range.

Here is some current images.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..
Jeeeez that main stalk peekin’ out there little :laughtwo: thicker than…

Thanks for stopping by @Verbalist

Not a whole lot too say for an update. The Golden Tiger has been a gem for me to grow, with her vivacious, yet elegant growth everything I trim her. She has responded very well with light manipulation and a lot of trimming, has not even made her look back, full steam ahead.

Enough said, on with the images.

That's all folks.

Tok..

I am bored, so I will write something.

I am quite surprised at how resilient Aces Golden Tiger is. She takes a lick'in and brushes it off like nothing. This strain has to be the easiest sativa I have ever grown. She is a very vivacious plant that literally takes over when she starts growing. If you grow this strain without a scrog net; stand by, because she will take over your grow space.

Right now my plant has pushed my net up as far as she'll go, and is currently grown to 8 to 10 inches above the net, so needless to say; but she should produce some nice buds.

Okay, done talking to myself.

Tok..

I wasn't sure if I mentioned it or not, but the Golden Tiger is on a 11/13 light schedule, and I am deciding if I should change it to 10/14 to increase bud development. The reason I am thinking on changing it to 10/14 is to possibility move the finishing time ahead.

She was under light manipulation for two weeks then placed on 12/12 for two weeks, then changed back to two more weeks of 21.6/12 then finally on a 11/13 schedule now. The one thing that remains consistent is minimum of 12 hour of darkness between light on schedule.

One think to remember is this experiment has be done on many time and on many types of plants, but for this example we are just looking to see how it effect cannabis plants. I do not claim or want anyone thinking I created this process, I did not. I am just playing with it.

Here are some current images of the effects.

That's all folks.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Going back it looks like your in early flower or flip, and it's looking great. I probably will grow GD next season and it looks like, looking at yours, that I should do a good job of filling my screen if I start two plants and flip to flower pretty much when they reach the screen. (4x4). They should still fill the screen horizontally and start growing vertically before the stretch is over. Do you think that's a valid assumption given the plant grows normally? I think if I waited as long as you before flipping, I would end up with a too full screen and I would have a hard time with air flow. I will be watching and hoping to learn from yours. I am running a fan blowing down from above and one blowing from the front. Before I installed the upper fan, I lost the biggest buds I'd ever grown, (OG Kush) bigger than my fist to bud rot. So, I'm extra sensitive to air flow issues. :rolleyes:

One think about scrog growing, is you have to decide where you are going to top her. This will determine net height; I normally top mine when she is 10 to 12 inches tall.
My screens currently are 10 and 11 inches above the tray top. I am currently growing Hawaii Maui Waui clones and don't plan on topping them. They seem to be growing quite well from the internodes and I plan on running the main stem of each cutting toward the center of the screen. This strain is supposed to stretch for about a month with a lot of spacing between nodes and end up a tall plant. My plan is to grow them tall enough to get started tying down to the screen and then flip to flower. I should fill the screen and still get some vertical stretch before the flowering gets serious.
I just planned to do the flip a little sooner with the Golden Tiger because of the longer flowering time. I have decided to grow the Panama as one of four this season and will try out my GT plan with them as Panama takes nearly as long to finish according to ACE. Only going to grow two of the Panama and GT. I got four of the HMW going.

It's update time again.

The Golden Tiger has been a real pleasure to grow.
If I had a strong light this thing would definitely be a sight to see.
Everything has been straight forward this grow.
She is currently at 1130 ppm's at 5.8 and 18c and just cruising.

Try to defoliate her and she came back twice the size, go figure.

Images are from the last week and she is currently in week 11 of flower.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Gotta show the love back for a fellow Golden Tiger grower. I don’t think mine will ever get as monstrously big as your gal, but I’m gonna try my best. Can’t wait to see how your grow finishes:thumb:

Thanks @Ljb1

I was wonder where you have been.
I am getting ready for the party on 4.20 I bought a pack of raw papers.
Five stage, they progressively get large; I think the largest cone holds 1/2 oz. or so.

If your not doing anything stop by :rofl: , I have enough for everyone.

420 preparations.jpg

Tok..

Good mornin tokin hope your having a good day so far. Great looking garden, and neat single and triple leaves...is that strain or mutation causing it?.... But I see I showed at the right time as it's getting good:)

Thank for asking @HappyHazmat88 I am retired so they are normally good. How about yourself?

and neat single and triple leaves...is that strain or mutation causing it
That's a good question. This is the first time I grew this strain, but my money would be on mutation. There are so many reasons this is a great strain to grow. Number one and a biggie, she loves to be defoliated and needs to be if someone grows this under a scrog net.

One of the somewhat down side is, if the grower doesn't keep control of her, she will be difficult to grow in the average height tent. I can imagine growing Golden Tiger outside, she would not only be a large plant, and my guess would be yields hitting a kilo are probably common. If grown properly.

Thank for asking @HappyHazmat88 I am retired so they are normally food. How about yourself?
Lol tokin I searched and searched for where food was brought up.... And realized that was supposed to be "good" :laugh:....but yea I'm having a great day hanging out with family, thanks for asking.

But neat I like the mutants it's gives a different dynamic to the plants.

It's that time again; but first I need to apologize for the late update.
It has bee a week since the last update.

So not a whole lot to say, she has been a breeze to grow. Using @Blue Planet Nutrients to 1100 or so ppm's and then adding 15ml or so of Purpinator. I will start increasing this next solution change. I have been using Purpinator for the last 6 or 7 weeks to enhance the taste. Aside from that, she has just been building buds.

Here are images from the last week, and you will see one of some of the defoliation that has been done.
Week 12 of flower.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom