Always Growing In My Garden

Thanks for stopping by @bluenoserjoe

With @Blue Planet Nutrients I think the target range for flower is between 1050 to 1500 ppm's. I believe the Golden Tiger is a light feeding strain, so I will be playing with different amount of micro, grow and bloom; but I will still stay on the light side until she tells my she wants more.

This is one of those strains what paying close attention is needed. This was a regular seed I selected and sex'd it around the third week of veg. as a female, I should know for sure soon she is currently around day 10 of flower.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend.

She has some interesting shape. Stem and branches looking hella woody - those should be able to carry some weights :D
Do I remember right you were bout to scrog her?

Well @Verbalist you made me shit or get off the pot. :rofl:

I will be doing an up date in a couple days, while I get a net built for my 2x4 tent.

I will be scrogging her in the 2x4 tent while I get the Green Crack ready for the 4x4 tent.
I know I can get a 45" x 45" scrog from my current light. The main reason I am making the larger tent available is because I want to using Light Manipulation for the whole grow. The Green Crack will start a light regiment of 21 hours and 36 minutes of lights on, followed with 12 hours of darkness, for the rest of the grow until harvest. Starting tomorrow, I got to get everything ready and in place today.

If you want more information about light manipulation, check my signature.

There are other ways of doing this; I just want to prove it's possible, and the guide is within your reach.

I will most likely make another journal for this experiment, stay tuned.

If you want more information about light manipulation, check my signature.

There are other ways of doing this; I just want to prove it's possible, and the guide is within your reach.

I will most likely make another journal for this experiment, stay tuned.
Your sig link won’t open up for me. But I’m forwarding to see this experiment!

I just noticed, it's that time again.

The Golden Tiger is doing great and as healthily as a horse; figuratively speaking. :rofl: I will be doing a solution change tonight and I will change and put her in the 2x4 text and place her under the net. Placing her under the net may be a challenge, but I think I can figure it out.
She has been feeding on the light side, but sucking down the water. I noticed the she seem to like a lower ph; I have been running her at 5.4-5.6 ph with ppm's averaging between 800-1100. At solution change is when she around 1100 ppm's. Aside from that she has been a breeze to grow.

Enough of me, here she is.

Please excuse this post, font size when haywire on me.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

edit: trying to get the font right.

Please excuse this post, font size when haywire on me.
Default font is ”Arial”.
And see below:
52A22FB1-91CE-4B37-BF6E-B509BDDF62CF.jpeg

Font looks default now tho :D hope that helps.

- Verb

This journal is to show you that @ViparSpectra LED's can help make even the novice grower achieve professional results. The construction and assemble is solid, and the selection and mounting of the chips seems to hit a sweet spot that our ladies love. The heat displacement ribbing does an effective job at dissipating heat from the unit. More on this later; enough sweet talk time to get down to the grow.

I will be doing another 5-gallon bucket DWC scrog in my 4x4. The strain is still being determined; meaning I germinated and started a Golden Tiger (reg), if I picked wrong there may be a new lady making an appearance, but if I picked right, she should make a nice canopy. This strain is sativa dominate, so I feel confidant she will fill the net as much as the light aloud.

I will be using GH for my nutrient line

Nutrient Line-up.jpg

As I mentioned in other threads I will only be give her 250 ppm's of cal-mag, with a couple drops of silica before the cal-mag, with Rapid Root finished off with some Hydro-Guard. After all of this the ppm's will still be 250.

Aces Gloden Tiger 11-26.jpg

Off to the races.
Aces Gloden Tiger 11-26a.jpg

This is what happen when I was gone for a couple days during Thanksgiving.
Aces Gloden Tiger 12-01.jpg

She is deep into the basket to eliminate some of the initial stretch.
Aces Gloden Tiger 12-01b.jpg

I will only be using one 2"x4" air stone at this stage and until I determine sex.
Ace golden tiger 1208.jpg
Aces Gloden Tiger 12-01b.jpg

Aces Gloden Tiger 12-03.jpg

Aces Gloden Tiger 12-10.jpg

@Verbalist here's the start.

This is a Ace Seeds Golden Tiger (reg) so we will see how good I am picking a female out of the males.

In Golden Tiger we have combined different extremely potent and resinous sativas from Malawi and Thailand.

The outcome is a 100 % sativa hybrid with great vegetative strength, remarkable for its overpowering potency and its exceptional flowering traits. The flowers overflow, forming dense buds with little leaves. The trichomes are huge, plentiful and loaded with powerful cannabinoids.

This current version of Golden Tiger has stronger Thai influence, is better yielding and has more refined aromas than the previous one.

Concretely, Golden Tiger currently contains 2 Thai strains (Koh Chang Thai and Hmong Thai), and 2 different Malawi parental plants: the Old Malawi Killer and a 3rd generation Malawi male (brother of New Malawi Killer).

Golden Tiger is an excellent alternative to the Haze sativas. It will fascinate the most demanding growers, looking for new genuine sativa experiences of the highest order.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TipoF3 SEMI STABILIZED HYBRID
FormatStandard
Sativa / Indica ratio100 % sativa
THC25-30 %
CBDUp to 0.5 %
CBGUp to 1.1 %
Flowering indoors10-14 weeks
Flowering outdoorsEnd of October / November
YieldHigh
Resistance against spider mitesAverage
Resistance against powder mildewAverage
Resistance against botrytisVery high
Resistance against white flyAverage-High
Resistance against coldAverage-High
Resistance against heatHigh
Latitude0º-43º
GeneticsOld Malawi Killer, Koh Chang Thai, Hmong Thai and a 3er generation Malawi male (brother of the New Malawi Killer).
StructureVery branchy and elegant sativa of thin leaves and medium-long node length.
BouquetFloral, spicy and lemony Thai aromas, with the organic and resinous Malawi background.
HighExtreme effect of psychedelic sativa: dense, stimulant and very long lasting. It may be devastating for beginners. Recommended only for the harder and most experienced sativa users.
Terpene profileComplex and rich terpene profile. It mainly contains the following monoterpenes: very high amounts of beta myrcene, followed by limonene, linalool, ocimene, isopulegol, alpha and beta pinene, camphene and terpinolene in smaller quantities. Sesquiterpenes: Mainly nerolidol 2, followed by beta caryophyllene and only traces of nerolidol 1 and humelene.
Growing TipsIt can be grown indoors with strong light intensity and with enough space for its development. We recommend to switch her into flowering after 15 days from seed, or starting from clones rooted for at least 7 days. We recommend 11 (light)/13 (darkness) photoperiod for the flowering indoors, in order to boost the flowering, and to avoid reflowerings or excessive stretching in early flowering.

Very suitable for SOG crops due to its great yield in the main cola, or for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent yield in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.

Outdoors, it is especially suitable for outdoor cultivation in tropical or subtropical climates, although it can be cultivated with very good results in warm coastal climates of mild autumn (similar to the Mediterranean) up to latitudes close to 43º.

We recommend low/moderate levels of nutrients (especially of nitrogen) for the whole cycle, and slightly higher amounts of PK at the peak of floral production in mid-flowering.

I have about 3 or 4 weeks for my current grow to finish and if (she) a she to be place into flower around day 25 to 30 of about a week or so before the others finish. Sativa are fun to scrog, but you have to pay close attention to get maximum yield. I am going for over a 24 oz. from one plant. My last was just over 18 oz. Time will tell.
I plan on keeping up as I just ordered some more seeds and one pack of them is Golden Tiger, feminized, Ace. I also ordered Panama, feminized, by Ace. I will be doing 4 grows, two at a time this year. I've already started the plants for the 1st run. I had planned on doing Panama Bangi Haze and Headroom Incident for the 2nd run but now, I will watch the Golden Tiger to see if she will replace one of them.

She definitely thanking for all those bubbles :D

I’m also having 2x 8" stones in my 15L ~3.5gallon bucket blasting 480L/h.
…that makes some deep drummin sound which annoys the fuck out wife every night :laugh:
Get some rubber grommets and put a couple, one at each end of the stone if it's cylinder shaped, it will quite them down.

Get some rubber grommets and put a couple, one at each end of the stone if it's cylinder shaped, it will quite them down.
Drumming sound comes from the bottom as it is not flat… it has like 4" gap at the center in between the floor and the bottom.
Lol idk if you understood me. :D

Drumming sound comes from the bottom as it is not flat… it has like 4" gap at the center in between the floor and the bottom.
Lol idk if you understood me. :D
I guess not. I had a stone that flopped around the res and the grommets making contact with res as the stone rolled around was almost dead silent.

Thanks for stopping by @gwhunran

I have been wanting Panama Bangi Haze for awhile; so I will see how it comes along for you, and the Headroom is a new one to me.

The Golden Tiger has been a breeze to grow for me. When you grow her she doesn't feed heavy and she likes a lower ph than normal around 5.5 - 5.6. I have been using @Blue Planet Nutrients which has made it easy to pinpoint a desired ppm's. Be ready for the 14 weeks or so of flowering.

As the images show she has been on the straight and narrow growing with no signs of anything. :woohoo:

Did a solution change on Friday with a ppm at 1090 and ph'd to 5.6 and I am finishing up her net for the 2x4 tent. I will be moving her and scrogging her sometime this week. Yes I will take images, until then here is where I am growing.

This is how she acts when I give her a trim.

That's all for now, more to come in a few days, after I scrog her.

Tok..

have been wanting Panama Bangi Haze for awhile; so I will see how it comes along for you, and the Headroom is a new one to me.
I already had these seed and had planned on those two but I may grow the Panama, hoping for the Columbian Punto Rojo (red point or red bud) pheno or the Golden Tiger instead. The Headroom Incident is supposed to be made from G13 Neville, Pineapple C99, and Sour Diesel.

Be ready for the 14 weeks or so of flowering.
I think growing any of the mentioned Ace strains will involve this. I plan on growing them (four clones) to around 10 inches then put them in a 12/12 and fill my scrog screen and hope the results are manageable. I have an eight foot ceiling and my screen is about 40" off the floor so I have more room to work with than many indoor growers. My light should be enough, 600w led quantum boards, HLG 600r.

I will attempt these long running flowering strains on my last of the year grows. It should be cooling off temp wise by the end of flowering. I plan on cutting the lights back twice. 1st time early in flower to 11/13, then 10/14 well into flower and let the temps get cool at night. I will run a electric oil radiator heater hooked to an inkbird so I can set it lower than the heater will run on it's on.

I think winter time is the best time to do a long flowering sativa.
Temps make it tough in the summer time.

I will be scrogging the Golden Tiger will be going under the net in the next couple days. The way I scrog is the old school way. I determine the height I want top her and let her go until I put her down under the net to grow upward and fill the net. I will provide images of how I scrog.
I just finished making the net getting ready to move her front the 4x4 tent to the 2x4 tent and put her under the net. I have other intention for my 4x4 tent.

I think winter time is the best time to do a long flowering sativa.
Temps make it tough in the summer time.
It would really cost me to heat in the dead of winter. I used to run hps and mh sealed fixtures and had 6" inline exhaust, I just modified the ducting. I now have leds so I plan on using the exhaust hooked to inkbirds to kick on if it gets too hot during the mild part of the year, and then switch to AC when it gets hot and turn off the exhaust fans. I will also use the heater hooked up to an inkbird to keep it from getting too cold during early and late season.

I am anxious to see your scrog process images. I will need the knowledge to run the Central American Sativa in scrog.

It's time for another update.

A few thing to bring you up to speed. Plans were canceled for putting the Golden Tiger in the 2x4 tent. She to big. After putting both of my tents back in order I put the Golden Tiger back in the 4x4 tent and Green Crack is in the 2x4.
I will be doing a solution change tomorrow and I am thinking about putting her on one month of light manipulation. What do you think? I really want to try this manipulation of a few strain to see how the plants will act overall in a 4x4 tent.

I still find Ace Golden Tiger is a relativity easy plant to grow under her conditions. Like low PH, moderate feed, takes very well to defoliation with robust growth, I have been keeping my solution temperature around 65-66 degrees.

Oh, did I forget to mention I put her under the net. :rofl:

That's about all for now.

Tok..

I forgot to mention she is at day 20 of flower. Notice I said she, still no signs of cohones.

It's that time again.

The Golden Tiger has been a breeze to grow using @Blue Planet Nutrients , keeping the ph between 5.4 and 5.5 and allowing the ph to raise when the ppm fall. I have been keeping the solution temperature around 18c. I believe that cooler solution temp allow for better air displacement.

I have been playing on the side placing the Golden Tiger under light manipulation on the side; Monday will be day 7.
Since the is an Hmong Thai phenotype (indica characteristics) not sativa, so this grow is somewhat a mystery, she doesn't have the stretch of a sativa. So it up in the air on yield, but I will push her as much as I can.

Enough of my quite yammering, on with the data.
All number are per gallon, unless otherwise noted and I make up 4 gallons for the change.
Ppm's are the last number total for 4 gallons.

Silica 10 ml. -0.
Micro 10ml. -590.
Grow 8ml. -210.
Bloom 15ml - 320.
RR 4ml total. -0-.
HG 10 ml total. -0-.
P 10ml total -110.

I will be doing a solution change tomorrow and up the core nutrients to 7.5 p/g, and one last thing, if you are wondering I gave a a trim today.

That's all for now folks.

Stay save, and grow well my friends.

edit: corrected wrong solution numbers.
Also, today 27 of flower and this is probably going to be a 14 week flower.

Back
Top Bottom