Mango Kush & GSC 2nd Grow

Today is chop day :Rasta:

they went into darkness on wednesday morning @ 5am

they got a iced watering the same morning.

will upload pics later of the chop.
Congratulations on your harvest my friend @Bounce3d :cheer::theband::party:

Stay safe
Bill

this was of chop day, busy trying the ''whole plant'' drying technique, will add NUG pics in a few days when i trim and they going into curing jars

IMG-20220306-WA0029.jpg

IMG-20220306-WA0025.jpg

Capture.JPG

this was of chop day, busy trying the ''whole plant'' drying technique, will add NUG pics in a few days when i trim and they going into curing jars

IMG-20220306-WA0029.jpg

IMG-20220306-WA0025.jpg

Capture.JPG
Congrats on the harvest my friend.
Great work. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Well done Bounce, hope they smoke great!

I also whole plant dry, because where I do so tends to over dry them if I cut off them off by branches. Instead I cut the plant out of the soil with a bread knife and leave all the fan leaves on, just to slow the drying down to nice and slow, and after 3-4 weeks it is on it's way to being cured, the fan leaves are mostly brittle but the buds are really nice and jar able. Last year I dried my plants whole for close to 4 weeks and then I only burped them once, just to be sure, but I don't think I even needed to do that. I don't have any hygrometers, but my bud never goes mouldy, and feedback has always been very positive, so good one, I'm for whole plant drying.

@Stunger thanks for the helpful feedback and ideas.

didnt realise it would take 4-5 weeks to dry as whole plant? my previous grow GSK:2021 i trimmed the buds and hung in a very big room, they over dried and quickly(+-5 days), i have since then built a drying compartment(the one in pics)

was hoping/aiming for atleast 10 day dry this time, hope not 4-5weeks. our ambient RH in the area i live in SA is anywhere from 45-65

@Stunger thanks for the helpful feedback and ideas.

didnt realise it would take 4-5 weeks to dry as whole plant? my previous grow GSK:2021 i trimmed the buds and hung in a very big room, they over dried and quickly(+-5 days), i have since then built a drying compartment(the one in pics)

was hoping/aiming for atleast 10 day dry this time, hope not 4-5weeks. our ambient RH in the area i live in SA is anywhere from 45-65
I should have stressed that it will all depend on environment you have if it is a good one for whole plant drying. I don't have much choice, but usually the days are getting cooler by harvest but still quite humid, and you have to take consideration of plant mass too, mine were 3 plants of 22oz. Your's will dry quicker with the cut trunk I'd imagine too.

Dry done, lightly trimmed and bottled friday night, was a 7 day dry. Sealed in the jar for 36hrs rh was at 63 before opening, when re jarring ambient rh was 55, settled quickly back to 61.
This will be my own smoke so wont be trimming much more.
Didnt get a weight yet, will at some stage before smoking it and closing the journal.

20220313_113544.jpg

20220313_113624.jpg

20220313_113558.jpg

20220313_113651.jpg

20220313_113529.jpg

20220313_114408.jpg

hey @InTheShed

i was trying to time the next batch to not really have to Veg, so while the box had the flowering plants in it, like early on into flower, i made clones so the 101 is from clone date, then they waitied 101 days in my ''waiting room'' for the flower box to empty.

does that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom