Many thanks to all and some novice concerns

henrysiek

First off before I ask some stupid questions Id like to thank everyone on this forum for the wealth of knowledge Ive gained from all your posts/threads. Ive built a grow box, sprouted and sort of started to grow and dealt with mites all from reading your posts.

So I can not thank you all enough.

Ive included some pics of my grow box complete with activated carbon filter. Its in an old PC box. Props to user mountaingoat for your instructions - legend.

My concern is my plant is looking strange with bits dying/white bits appearing on new leaves. Ive added some photos too for your consideration. I really really really appreciate your feedback. Im kind of freaking out.

UQ1lRuel.jpg

rB6pn5Fl.jpg

1CL5ZFel.jpg

Hello Cherryhaze and thanks for the welcome.

Hoping to receive any ideas or suggestions about my plant. Would you have any idea as to what is happening to her?

HI Henrysiek,
are you spraying your plant with anything? It almost looks like splash spots of some sort. It is hard to tell from the pictures.
Also, it would be helpful to know what the watering and feeding schedule is. What nutes, if any, are you using right now?
I am assuming you have ventilation, fresh air in and old air out. Without seeing the grow box instructions, I'm not sure on that either. Do you know what the average temperature is in the box?
Overwatering is the most common problem for first grows, did it myself. LOL But just as often you can have underwatering, so it's important to know how much you are watering.

In the meantime, here is an excellent post on Plant problems with pictures you can breeze through when you have time. It might spark some thoughts:

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Hopefully we can get some answers for you. :thumb:

Hi Canafan

I am not spraying her with anything I water her until the soil is thoroughly wet and water running into the two trays underneath at least every one to two days or whenever the top soil is completely dry.

I havent given her any nutes yet either. I put a product called Dynamic Lifter into the soil when I first planted the sprout. Its a slow release organic plant food and claims not to alter PH or give any nute burn.

I have two PC fans pushing air in and another at the top of the box sucking it out through a carbon filter.

The temp inside remains at average 25 degrees. We did have a really hot day about two weeks ago that caused the first to leaves to start to die. To save it i cut a bottle in half and kept the sprout in a humid environment.

When I first noticed the spots and the yellowing bits (on everything but the first 2 leaves) I also saw some mites in there. So I dried the soil out and applied an organic pesticide called NatraSoap. The mites have gone but the plant is still looking sad.

Also the strain is called Big Red Devil its an auto flowering strain. I thought autoflowering would be the easiest to start with.

Also the lights are 100w each but I was worried they might be cooking so I only have one on at a time.

Hi Henrysiek,
well, I do know autoflower plants don't stress well. They don't like to be transplanted, or have any type of training done to them due to the short cycle. They can be finicky compared to regular grows.
If you experienced an overheat day, it could be that it needs time to recover from that. And then it had spider mites too, the poor kid! LOL
I looked up your fertilizer and I saw on the precautions that it will cause PH increases over time. I don't know what time frame they're talking though. It also said to water well with each time using it. I assume you only used it the one time.
Question would be how much of it?
The recommended amounts for pot size was this:

Potted plants

As a guide, use 10g for a 15cm diameter pot, or 30g for a 30cm pot etc.

I'm not familiar at all with that brand, so I can't suggest anything about it. Just wanted to be sure you knew the suggested amounts. :)

I didn't ask the type of soil you are using, is it a self mixed or something that already contained some nutrients?

I really can't think of anything else with what you've provided on details. We'll see what others can input too.
I'll look around a little more for the whitish spots and see if I come up with anything.
Tips of leaves turning brown is often a sign of nute burn and I see a "clawing" starting on the leaves with can a be a sign of nitrogen issues.
be sure to double check the amount of the fertilizer you used for the amount of soil in your container.
Hopefully others will chime in here too. :thumb:

Hi Cannafan

I used about 5 grams. The pot I have it in is only 3.7L so I used a real minimal amount.

The potting mix I used was a high quality seedling mix I will go back to the store tonight to check out the nutes in it as I no longer have the packet.

I'm reluctant to replant it because I did read that the auto flower doesn't like it and you have just confirmed this.

It really seemed to do well in the humid environment when it was inside the half bottle.

The leaves do look a little sad like droopy almost not that tight firm fan that I've seen in other people's journals not sure if that gives a little more info.

is that 25 degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit. I have had that problem before and my guess at that time was cold combined with loss of chlorophyll. I also reduced fan speed and reduced the time in which the air is blowing directly on the plant by furthering the fan which isnt a option for you but in my case these actions I did remedy the issue. I dont know if that is your issue though but it is similar and so I thought I would voice my solution. Welcome to the forums. You are amongst friends(mostly :)

Celsius to Fahrenheit is take the Celsius you multiply the Celsius by 9 then divide by 5 then add 32. So I assume when you said 25 your temp is 77.

Back
Top Bottom