Mars Hydro FC-3000 Shines Down On Babygirl’s Sour Livers In DWC: Sponsored Grow

It’s the CalMag - which is not in my initial mix recommendation - that is definitely causing the elevated ppm and likely causing issues with K uptake.

The mix I recommended:
10.4 ml/gal Grow
13.3 ml/gal Bloom
1g/gal Epsom

provides:
191 ppm K
117 ppm Ca

Bringing only the Bloom up to 15.1ml/gal provides:
211 ppm K
122 ppm Ca

You shouldn’t need more Ca than that. The spots you are seeing are related to the K def.
Ok - I’ll dispense with it: I had only added it back in because I was seeing those blasted rusty spots when I stopped including it

@FelipeBlu - here is a pic of thw nutes along with the total of ppms after each addition

72C2F864-36DD-4A14-A6AC-1850473946BD.jpeg
Wow 440ppm of Cal/Mag. That must be the trouble maker. As @PlanetJ said 1600ppm even in EU scale (2.5EC) is pretty damn high. But your pen/meter is 0.5 hannah scale, right?

If you using RO, distilled or soft tap water just add Cal/Mag until you reach 0.4EC = 200ppm. Its the recommended water hardness for hydro cultivation. Top with additional Magnesium supplements only (like Epsom) if plants lacking Magnesium. Do not add anymore Cal/Mag to fix any Mg related issues. ~200ppm of Cal/Mag provides enough Calcium. And more than that, it quickly turns so Calcium blocks other nutrients uptake.

You could split the list in half. Like about 300ppm of Grow & 270ppm of Bloom would be enough w/e is the NPK ratio. So thats getting close to 600ppm already. And if youve prepared your water with Cal/Mag theres a 200ppm ”base” - which would be then about 800ppm / 1.6EC total. Then rest of the beneficials and youre already close to 1000ppm.

As buds are still growing not ripening yet, I’d bounce between 800-950ppm - maybe even lower to keep the nutrition in balance to make sure the buds grow well. When you start to ripen them you could bump P&K (Phosphorus and Potassiun) up for a bit. It is not necessary to raise phosphorus over ~60ppm, but shes a big girl she could later benefit from little extra P.

E: Felipe got you covered with the exact amounts. But I understood this your Bloom or Grow nutrient already provides a source of Ca(?)
If youre getting +100ppm of Ca without Cal/Mag supplements, then you could ditch the whole CalMag bottle. Since looks like you do have a Magnesium source (Epsom) as well.
It’s the CalMag - which is not in my initial mix recommendation - that is definitely causing the elevated ppm and likely causing issues with K uptake.

The mix I recommended:
10.4 ml/gal Grow
13.3 ml/gal Bloom
1g/gal Epsom

provides:
191 ppm K
117 ppm Ca

As mentioned before that Ca is the worst in excess amounts.
Ca has a big role to do, for example carry other nutrients, and plants under strong LED lights can consume more Calcium. But finding a sweet spot low as possible is the way to go -To avoid calcium antagonism with other nutrients, but still providing enough so plant function properly.

@FelipeBlu … mixed up a fresh batch of nute mix (NO CALMAG) and used for 4 gallons:
42 ml CNS17 Grow
60.5 ml Bloom
4 g Epsom salt
8 ml Hydroguard
1/2 tsp +Life

Came out to 1320 ppm total … leave that as is or dilute down?

image.jpg

All of this up there....is another reason why I grow in soil. Just wow. Measure, feed, water, done.

I have anxiety just looking at all these numbers.

Hope that the new feed works out great for her, BG! She's beautiful, you've done such a great job with her.

All of this up there....is another reason why I grow in soil. Just wow. Measure, feed, water, done.

Hope that the new feed works out great for her, BG! She's beautiful, you've done such a great job with her.
Thanks Krissi :) … to me she’s been a work of art, and I’ve learned a lot through this grow. I still have hopes that one day I’ll have plants that look like yours!

Thanks Krissi :) … to me she’s been a work of art, and I’ve learned a lot through this grow. I still have hopes that one day I’ll have plants that look like yours!
That's the most important part of growing, learning something with every grow. She is a monster of an auto that you have managed to take care of to the very best of your abilities and it shows! You will get the feed down over time and I guarantee you that your next grows will all be one up above the one before it and I'm so excited to see what you do with this 3rd grow to come! I know that it will look amazing with all the knowledge you have gained AND patience along the way!

Foreals.. this is starting to feel like high school chemistry, which I didn't do well in..

Foreals.. this is starting to feel like high school chemistry, which I didn't do well in..
Science was always my thing but I've been out of school for I don't want to say how long now. All those times I said when will I use this in my adult life, I never thought it would be trying to follow a grow on 420 :rofl:

Lol - chemistry and algebra were a breeze - geometry though SUX

That's because Prescription Blend has done the math for you! Babygirl is doing the same with Felipe's numbers, and the only difference would be to set the pH of the mix.
Thank you @Prescription Blend ! You know I love you anyway but I love you even more now cause Shed is absolutely right! Phew..thank goodness we have a Felipe among us to do the math...maybe PBlend can send out math troopers to grows in need of assistance :D

Lol - chemistry and algebra were a breeze - geometry though SUX
Let me introduce you to, LWA o Leaf Wilted Angle. You need a protractor. Go ahead, I'll wait
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Let me introduce you to, LWA o Leaf Wilted Angle. You need a protractor. Go ahead, I'll wait
:cheesygrinsmiley:
:rofl::rofl:

RM literally just killed me and you are all now reading a text from a ghost

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok - nute change (again) … trimmed off the majority of the nute burned leaves so I can monitor further changes. Also trimmed off the remaining longer fan leaves we missed the other night.

Tent temp: 74F
Tent RH: 40%
Res temp: 68F
pH: 5.7
PPM: 1320
PPFD: 1150 (middle height colas); 1350 (top of uppermost cola)

Thank you @Prescription Blend ! You know I love you anyway but I love you even more now cause Shed is absolutely right! Phew..thank goodness we have a Felipe among us to do the math...maybe PBlend can send out math troopers to grows in need of assistance :D
They're SO much easier to use in soil. Lol.

Ok - nute change (again) … trimmed off the majority of the nute burned leaves so I can monitor further changes. Also trimmed off the remaining longer fan leaves we missed the other night.

Tent temp: 74F
Tent RH: 40%
Res temp: 68F
pH: 5.7
PPM: 1320
PPFD: 1150 (middle height colas); 1350 (top of uppermost cola)

babygirl, I admire your balls going 1350 ppfd at the height of the uppermost cola. Might be a bit high. Watch your pistils now. If you start to see them turning brown on the ends, dial the ppfd back down to around 1200 and see how that does. So far your pistils all look white so you may be okay there, just watch it. I have found if it's too high at this point you'll see it on the pistils rather than the leaves. Just a head's up. I go 1350 when I can but I never recommend it for anyone else, I'm just stupid like that. Lol. But if she can take it, give it to her!!!

babygirl, I admire your balls going 1350 ppfd at the height of the uppermost cola. Might be a bit high. Watch your pistils now. If you start to see them turning brown on the ends, dial the ppfd back down to around 1200 and see how that does. So far your pistils all look white so you may be okay there, just watch it. I have found if it's too high at this point you'll see it on the pistils rather than the leaves. Just a head's up. I go 1350 when I can but I never recommend it for anyone else, I'm just stupid like that. Lol. But if she can take it, give it to her!!!
Thanks @Jon :). I always appreciate your insights and will keep an eye on her pistils ro make sure nothing’s getting crispy. The height and strength (85%) of the light have been the same for about 2-3 weeks now. Last night was the first time I actually had a chance to really look at that since she had her stealth move *lol*. I’m hoping to see those colas start to thicken up soon!

… you ever have one of those days where you just don’t feel like working?

… that’s me today.

I’d rather spend the day playing Rock Band!

Back
Top Bottom