Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I'm at almost 4 weeks into flower with my 12 - Mars 1200's and they are looking amazing. I feel like there might be a bit less stretch (which is fine) than on HPS lights but the nodes are much closer together. Plants are looking super happy and healthy. So far I haven't' had to add any extra cal mag, is this something I would have been able to tell by now?

That time frame is close to when I had some minor Ca/Mg deficiency. I had been giving low doses of it, but KJC suggested I go full 5ML and it was arrested right away. It only surfaced on a few leaves lower down.

Now a 1200 does 5x5 but 3x400 only do 5x5x2.5x2.5x2.5x2.5 same amount of LEDs drawing same wattage but the 3x400 would have a 2.5x2.5 less footprint. Hope all this makes sense and somebody could explain this to me. Peace

Sara or anybody else that knows the answer?

Has anyone run a Mars II with standard spectrum vs a Mars II with area 51 spectrum for flowering? I am curious if one gives better results than the other for flowering...

Has anyone run a Mars II with standard spectrum vs a Mars II with area 51 spectrum for flowering? I am curious if one gives better results than the other for flowering...

This would make a great side by side test from start to finish.

Hi Sara,

I would PM you but I'm not allowed from my low post count...

My question is this ~

I have two 4x4 tents ready to do a side by side grow test 1200W MARS lights testing different veg/flowering heights with the same stain but I have a slight problem

But the two 1200W MARS lights I have have different power draws on my Kill a Watt meter

Light #1 - 530 watts

Light #2 - 467 watts

These lights were ordered/shipped at the same time with identical spectrums so I'm puzzled by the big difference in draw?

Please help me out with this one Sara as I fel like the side by side will not be a fair comp if one light is 63 watts less draw although supposed to be identical lights

GB

G'day THC, I don't know where you are but you have access to a major supermarket chain? I'm also an Aussie and found RO water in the ironing, laundry, section of Coles, cheap to. I'm using the total horticultural concentrates range, so good so far. But you should also be able to get the canna line of nutes. You have the internet if all else fails. Peace man
cool, will check out coles for the RO

i got the impression cultivator was referring to canna coco 'professional +', which is something i havent seen in stores here (nor the australian canna site itself), and i imagine it'd cost a shitload to get shipped

Hey thc, I stuffed up man, RO water I got was from hydro shop, cost a shit load. I got distilled water from Coles, sorry man. Get a ppm meter our water is surprisingly crap. Mine that I thought tasted nice and is clean looking, ph 7.4 ppm 127, needless to say I'm installing a filter on my kitchen tap. Peace man

they are the exact same spectrums as my area 51 full spectrum panels, the only downfall is there are no switches to go from veg to bloom so no power savings, my area 51's have 4 switches right from seedling to veg to early flower and finally full flower, there are significant power savings to be gained if you are using these panels for veg and flower, the 600w panels only draw 300w in veg and still cover the full 4 x 4 space, im hoping TopLed will at least put 1 switch to go from veg to bloom with the 5w panels. I see no reason why you cant veg with them there will just be alot of unnesesary light that wont really be used until you flip, I wouldnt put seedlings or young clones under them unless you have a good 4 feet inbetween the plants and panel until they have a few sets of leaves, hope this makes sense im quite medicated right now:)

Thanks for the info jon705, yep makes sense abouts the switches, I got your spec in a 900 going to flip next week..I have it around 2 ft away from top of canopy you think that's about right?..going to give a good defoliate b4 flip get that light working its magic!!!

how long should it take for the tracking number to start working for ups? mines been 3 days since I got the tracking # but it's still not working.should I be worried.

how long should it take...should I be worried.

Nope. Nothing to worry about yet. The surge in parcel shipping this week has ALL of the companies' knee's buckling. I'd give it until Monday for tracking to be active. Even then, I wouldn't trust it for accuracy. I've had their website tell me delivery of an item was still 2 days away, but the man in brown was knocking on my door.

I agree , lots of the folks I talked to, have purchased from Sara and very pleased. I do not think mine will make it before Christmas (144x3w ), it will give me time to try something new (clone, strains).
Sleep well my friend Armory, u could not have pick a better supplier .
Merry christmas to All
J:xmas:

I will ask from our factory for you, I am not sure where is the problem. I think their power darw should close to each other.,
Hi Sara,

I would PM you but I'm not allowed from my low post count...

My question is this ~

I have two 4x4 tents ready to do a side by side grow test 1200W MARS lights testing different veg/flowering heights with the same stain but I have a slight problem

But the two 1200W MARS lights I have have different power draws on my Kill a Watt meter

Light #1 - 530 watts

Light #2 - 467 watts

These lights were ordered/shipped at the same time with identical spectrums so I'm puzzled by the big difference in draw?

Please help me out with this one Sara as I fel like the side by side will not be a fair comp if one light is 63 watts less draw although supposed to be identical lights

GB

I will check for your again Armory, UPS told me they did not change for you, I will ask them again. thank u please do not worry.,
how long should it take for the tracking number to start working for ups? mines been 3 days since I got the tracking # but it's still not working.should I be worried.

I agree , lots of the folks I talked to, have purchased from Sara and very pleased. I do not think mine will make it before Christmas (144x3w ), it will give me time to try something new (clone, strains).
Sleep well my friend Armory, u could not have pick a better supplier .
Merry christmas to All
J:xmas:

I purchased the 144x3w for my veg tent and love the light, you will be extremely happy with your purchase!

Back
Top Bottom