Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Thinking about ordering a few pannels the 1200 maxII, but I was curious about spectrum. Does everyone really like the flower Light for flowering or do you get a lot of the standard pannels? Does the standard have a lot of red or is is evenly balanced? Been using mixed spectrum with Hps and MH same time and really don't want all red light spectrum. Some blue mixed in definitely keeps em a little greener.
They are a full spectrum with red and blues, white, IR, and I think orange but they are all there. I have 4 3w reflectors and 1 Mars II and they work amazingly well IMO.....:circle-of-love:
have a 96x3 up and running,18/6 cycle.question: should all lights be used or just veg till I flip to 12/12.plants are doing great after only 3 days, lots of new growth.im impressed.peace out!!
You should only have the Veg switch on when your girls are in veg stage then when they go into flower turn on both switches. Both have to be on for the fans to continue to run so make sure when you go into flower that you keep them both on......:circle-of-love:

The fans are actually connected to the veg lights. So if the veg lights aren't on the fan doesn't run. With the number of diodes that are on the flower only switch, you shouldn't have a heat problem running only flower, but there is no reason to do so (other than the possibility of using the flower only portion for rooting out clones/seedlings). I haven't tested the previous comment but I may in the very near future. One of the clones I was going to use for my side by side test didn't make the transfer so I'm taking a few more to start my test.

Hey guys. I have 2 mars II 900w on a light mover. I have room in between those 2 for another 900 or 1200. I'm just trying to decide if a flowering spec light will be better here, wondering what the difference between standard and flowering spectrum is. The bonus of adding a light in the middle is the footprint of the middle light will hit all 5 plants, whereas the outer lights will only hit 3 each basically.

The first 2.5 weeks all plants were under 1 light, then as they grew i turned on the second light, and as they grew more i rearranged the buckets and got the light mover moving as well, so im thinking a third light that comes on as they go into flower mode would help too.

2014-04-25214041_zpsed2e8db7.png

plants look nice my friend, for better uploads use AWB setting on camera. mine doesnt work that way so i have to use it on my pc, i use paint.net to open picture and then click auto level, it levels out the colours and gets rid of the pink tint. check my journal, my first 6 pages are bright pink, then somebody gave me this same advice and my photos are much better! im about to do an update now.

how are you liking your TOPLED lights? im loving mine!

I personally Love the full spectrum, after all its FULL Spectrum!!! And what we have all striven for that in the HID market. You get low stretch with full spectrum and heavy trichome production from the mild ultra-violates from the low 400nm diodes the warm and cold diodes help with the stretch.

My first experiences with led grow lights was with heavy reds (flower spectrum) and I got stretchy thin yields, And I was over and done with led's till I was gifted a full spectrum 5w unit, now I'm sold.

Thanks! I was thinking going standard, just wondered since the others are 100 more, if it is really worth it. Only other thing is now is my height.

I have a 9WX11Lx7or8H room. I have 4 1000 watt atm and I feel it's over kill ecspecially with the hoods. I actually want these so I can get a little more vertical space since the HPS lights/hoods take so much.
I seen everyone say they need to be far away 24in, but really I can't see them being any more intense then 1000watt HPS and mine can get close 8-12in(eek).

Any suggestions? Would the 1200 techincally be any worse? seems it's more a matter of the 5w led. Should I actually go for a 3 watt so the can get closer? Or is 5 that much better all around?

In my case I would never buy anything but the 3 watt LED's, I want less heat,I want less of an electric bill,I want to be able to put enough lights up in one room on a 110 line and be able to also run fan or two. As far as I am concerned 5 watt is not needed. 3 watt LED is plenty powerful. I have a friend who owns two hydroponic stores and he will not even carry them because he says its not necessary . Just my little old opinion for what its worth.

Hey again guys, I am a little skeptical about posting a journal, I mean is it really same to? Not sure so figured I'd just keeping updating on my topled lights and grows here. An update on the G13 labs purple Kush, who is at the end of a long veg in a 2x2 dr60 under the topled old model 300w, I'm gonna finish her under this light and try my MarsII out next grow. She is getting big and bushy but I have a deficiency I can't seem to rid her of, not certain what it is, thought maybe cal or mag but now think it may be potassium. I am feed the canna coco and additives line up, and alternating magi cal and cal mag +, feeding approx 700ppm now she was at 600 last week, I held the cal/mag today and gave her a tiny dose of pk 13/14, 1ml/gallon, I am feeding 50/50 distilled/tap water, ph 5.9-6.1 run off ph 5.8-5.9.. Anyone have any idea what she is needing? I have slight yellowing between the veins, twisted growth and some very light yellow crispy tips, she is in a 60/40 mix coco/peralite, temps at 82*
image9774.jpg
image9770.jpg
image9772.jpg
image9773.jpg
image9775.jpg

image9776.jpg

Not sure may some times the pics upload turned around, not how the pic was taken

I respectfully disagree.... I have both the 3w and the 5w and I honestly think the 3w reflectors work every bit as well if not better than the 5w and I do have much more of an issue with heat with the 5w. Don't misunderstand I love my Mars II but so far it has not done any better than my 3w reflectors IMO... and I am a real person....:circle-of-love:

I am also very happy with these LEDs, I have 2 of the 3w 300w panels and a MarsII 80x5w, I am on my 2nd harvest with the 3w's and the MarsII has yet to come out the box, I know it is a fantastic light but I haven't needed it, after this harvest I will switch one of my 3w panels n try the MarsII, will know then If the 5w's are better but I am already certain 3w's is plenty and I used to own 2 1000w digital hps/mh systems, I took those down due to heat and was using cfls, I am so glad I have these LEDs, I am set on em.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks for your reply, I have seen just about every chart on the net, thought it was cal, added cal/mag, magical and the problem persists, my ph is seems good at 5.9 figure I could lower it an .1 or so, I now think maybe its potassium n fed today so will see next few days. If this doesn't fix it will flush and go from there, I want to get this resolved so I can put her to flower.

Oh, hi glooms! we can not use coupons now, the prices on our website are the lowest now!:love:
When i bought my lights they came with coupons to save money if i order lights again...none of the coupon codes work on checkout...

:welldone::thanks:
They are a full spectrum with red and blues, white, IR, and I think orange but they are all there. I have 4 3w reflectors and 1 Mars II and they work amazingly well IMO.....:circle-of-love:

You should only have the Veg switch on when your girls are in veg stage then when they go into flower turn on both switches. Both have to be on for the fans to continue to run so make sure when you go into flower that you keep them both on......:circle-of-love:

:high-five:
Well let me see if I can go count my buds but am very pleased with the grows both my reflectors and my Mars II have done. I think Top Led has hit it pretty dead on with the price and quality of product and I am very happy with what all of my panels have and are producing.....:circle-of-love:

Ordered my Mars II 400W, Going to use that for my real garden seedlings, as still waiting on the good seeds to show up. (Blue Mystic Auto) (First time growing)

It should be to me on Friday, according to tracking. Cant wait! Have to say Sara is what makes this company..

Sara, any idea on when your grow tents will be back in stock? Or are they no more?

I think yor plants might need stronger nutes, I think they should be darker green.
Thanks for your reply, I have seen just about every chart on the net, thought it was cal, added cal/mag, magical and the problem persists, my ph is seems good at 5.9 figure I could lower it an .1 or so, I now think maybe its potassium n fed today so will see next few days. If this doesn't fix it will flush and go from there, I want to get this resolved so I can put her to flower.

When i bought my lights they came with coupons to save money if i order lights again...none of the coupon codes work on checkout...

Oh, hi glooms! we can not use coupons now, the prices on our website are the lowest now!:love:
Did these coupons have an expiration date ? If not, they should be honored !

Back
Top Bottom