Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:Namaste: good luck!
Well, I seemed to have knocked these bugs back (for now)...
Ended up giving them a drench of Pyrethrum and using GardGrow pest spray in the Corners of the floor of the tent

Killed a few thousand I reckon!! Can't see any moving today...

My babies are starting to look bad now, my pH is fine, run off is fine but I am getting bad rust spots..
Not sure if it was the Hydrogen Peroxide the other week or from Pyrethrum?

Here they are today, the middle plant at the back has the worst spots on the fan leaf visible.

image9654.jpg

Hopefully it will fix itself

thanks for your share! happy growing!
Just got the 2X 96X3W Reflector lights I ordered on Sunday today, 3 days from order to at my door :) :thumb:

I will be using the 96X3W i had for a few months in a side by side with another light from someone else to be doing direct comparison. Unless Sara wants me too, I will not name the other manufacturer on her thread, but it has 100 3 w diodes so should be good comparison, and it cost more then twice as much.

Christmas came extra early today....Ordered two lights....144x3 reflector and a mars 1200w....Reflector came in about 6 days(East coast)

and still waiting on the 1200w with flower spectrum.....Sister Sarah is awesome!! all my questions were answered right away.... This will be

my first grow and i'm so excited and i just can't hide it!!!!! Also want to thank all members of 420mag for all the great information they have

provided...Life changing!!!

Just harvested a full Top LED grown plants.. My GSC... Started and vegged under the 144x3w panel on the GLR, then put into my flowering tent under 3x Mars II 80x5w, vegged to fill my scrog screen with the GLR, and then flowered!

I have to say these light kicked some butt!! Those that say LED cant flower, I say...psssshhhttt! nonsense! LOL

DSC091861.JPG
DSC091941.JPG
DSC09197.JPG
DSC091912.JPG
DSC091981.JPG
DSC092141.JPG
DSC092412.JPG
DSC092391.JPG
DSC092451.JPG
DSC092471.JPG
DSC092431.JPG

I have a question about TopLEDgrowLight's warranty. I've read the warranty page at the web site. However, it says warranty service may require the unit to be returned. Is this return to China or to the place where it shipped from (within the same country I bought it)?

The reason I ask: I've been reading about a poor soul who did business with JoyHydroGrow. He received a light which was "dead on arrival." The eBay ad was cancelled as soon as he bought it (removing his ability to leave feedback about JoyHydroGrow), and he's being told he has to return the light to China even though it shipped from California (despite being told in the eBay ad that it shipped from China, i.e., it looks like they had a defective light that was returned to them and they offloaded it onto him).

I know TopLEDGrowLight would behave this way (with a public forum and a representative here). But, the warranty policy is still a big ambiguous about when a person would have to return the light (instead of swap components in a more constructive relationship with the manufacturer), and where they'd have to ship it to.

Even though I haven't bought a light from you (yet), I am using this episode with JoyHydroGrow as an opportunity to contrast that Chinese company with yours. So, I'd like an answer to my question to help me make the comparison (which is already extremely positive in your favor).

Thank you!

Az2000...

Anytime you deal with a foreign company you are taking a risk, as you have ZERO legal recourse if they do not do what they said they do.

That being said, the VAST majority of people have been very satisfied with the level of customer service from TopLED, mostly, if not completely, cause of Sara. They seem to be selling quite a few lights to people here, so it would be in their best interest to not piss off this user base.

It is a question you have to ask and answer yourself, to me it was not worth it to buy an equivalent 'USA made' (most of them are not, juts bought in bulk from China and relabeled) because they are 2-3 times as much. To me that was WAY too high a price to pay for the less risk of buying from someone in the USA. But that your own decision to make based upon your aversion to risk/wallet size.

just my 2 cents :)

Ax2000. if something goes wrong you take a picture (if it's lighting up problem) they look at it and send you the parts to fix it yourself . it happened to me and I fixed it no problem.

Hi I recently bought an led light in the UK. It is a 270w unit that draws about 180w. The reason for this lower power is because the leds are not running constantly but are modulated and a rate that is ideal for photosynthesis. The leds are running at full power but switching on and off very fast.

Are these lights modulated in the same way? because all these lights look very similar to me and draw similar currents regardless of maker. I have read articles on the web about modulating led lights at 50% duty cycle to achieve same growth rate as leds that are constantly driven. Incidentally the LED is one of the few light sources that can be modulated in this way.

If the lights are not running at full power they are not being used to their full potential . . the idea that they are running at low current to save led life makes no sense. The fact that the light will run for several years is also pointless because I am sure they will be obsolete well before then.

As I stated previously externally led growlight look the same but the topledgrowlights are considerably cheaper but are they all the same inside is what I would like to know. I wish I had come across them before I bought my growlight . . but It is a good one but cost me more than the equivalent from topledgrowlight.

If you do not know anything about electronics or leds pulse width modulation is confusing but I do know a little about it and would like to know more about this product . . regards H

PS if these growlight do run at a constant rate perhaps they could be adapted by the user . . I have looked at diy but it is more costly than buying a ready made especially at these prices.

Hey guys! can i please get some advice on my setup

I have a room roughly 12x8 with a window A/C unit and i was planning on putting 2 tents for flower and veg.Flower will have the 1200w led

with 6 inch fan and scrubber...Veg tent 144x3 reflector led with 4 inch fan and scrubber....8 buckets total for DWC.....

My question is do i need an intake fan for my flower tent or can i just open the vents on tent or utilize all the vent ports and add vents

with a bend for light blockage...any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Hey guys! can i please get some advice on my setup

I have a room roughly 12x8 with a window A/C unit and i was planning on putting 2 tents for flower and veg.Flower will have the 1200w led

with 6 inch fan and scrubber...Veg tent 144x3 reflector led with 4 inch fan and scrubber....8 buckets total for DWC.....

My question is do i need an intake fan for my flower tent or can i just open the vents on tent or utilize all the vent ports and add vents

with a bend for light blockage...any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated Thanks

i only use exhaust fans with mine, in tents too. Plus not even on full power. I have 4X4' tent with Mars 2 1200 in it and 6" exhaust running about half power, and it only 4-6 degrees above room temp on average. Got my A/C unit for summer planning on setting at 74 degrees.

Just harvested a full Top LED grown plants.. My GSC... Started and vegged under the 144x3w panel on the GLR, then put into my flowering tent under 3x Mars II 80x5w, vegged to fill my scrog screen with the GLR, and then flowered!

I have to say these light kicked some butt!! Those that say LED cant flower, I say...psssshhhttt! nonsense! LOL

DSC091861.JPG
DSC091912.JPG
DSC092451.JPG

Just beautiful Icemud!

i only use exhaust fans with mine, in tents too. Plus not even on full power. I have 4X4' tent with Mars 2 1200 in it and 6" exhaust running about half power, and it only 4-6 degrees above room temp on average. Got my A/C unit for summer planning on setting at 74 degrees.

Thanks Crawdaddy!

Back
Top Bottom