Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Good day WhiteBoy:circle-of-love:
Is that only for autos ? I have Dyna gro foliage pro and bloom I plan to use . Just curious .
Thanks !
:volcano-smiley:
I don't use alot of nutes in veg. The FFOF has plenty. If they show they need it, or they seem to be growing slowly, I will add some Grow Big. I do recommend adding Cal/mag to veg and flower. They seem to need it more with the LEDs.:peacetwo:

With more light in your tent, your plants will grow better :thumb:
If I add a 60x3 Marshydro ufo light would it make any difference? I have a 96x3 reflector in there now and my tent is 2.5x2.5x5 ft .
That's true. :circle-of-love:
Well of course it would... more light = better bud....I know you know the numbers but again they are 37-50 watts from the wall per sq ft is optimal for growth and bloom....:circle-of-love:

Re: Reflector 48x3W specs

Thanks TokeItUp77 :high-five:
the fans on the lights are like a computer running. my garage shed i don't hear anything outside when i open door and go in i hear it not to bad.

Hello holist2002, the change of the fan will influence the warranty, but if there is any problem with your lights afterwards, please tell me, I will try my best to help as well. :circle-of-love:
Thanks for that.
So with Growth only, the output would be about 65watts. (someone posted a killawatt photo here showing the 48x3 uses 86 actual watts).

I've been wondering about the led watt-heat conversion also.
Some vague information online suggests that 100watts of LEDs will produce a bit less heat than 100watts of incandescent bulb. (estimates are that 95% of incandescent watts are converted to heat, and about 80% of LED watts are converted to heat)

That would mean the 48x3w Reflector (86watts), should give approx. the same amount of heat as a 75watt incandescent bulb.
With the Growth switch only (~65watts), the 48x3 Reflector should give approx. as much heat as a 50watt incandescent bulb.

My cab will be in a closet with a door, so that will help. But I can't know what it will really sound like until I have it and hear it.

You said the fan has it's own power suppply.. does that mean it is supplied by the same amperage as the rest of the light, 110V/0.87A? Meaning it can accept any fan that is .87a or less?

SmokeSara, can you share if that's right? :)
if I would swap a new fan, would that void the warranty?
Thank you CoNerd, :high-five:
My photos of the inside show a blurry 12V 1A supply. The fan says 12V 0.25A. It's big enough to power 3 fans.

Humidity will be a bigger issue than heat with the LED's. The latent heat of evaporation makes my soil 14 deg F cooler than the air around the lights.

In other words; The heat problem will go away when you control the humidity. The "heat load" will decrease as the plant size increases.

Also FYI; This is the weekend in China. She usually comes back on-line Sunday night in the US.[/QUOTE

Yes, we work half day on Saturday, I will go shopping with my friends this afternoon, it is a sunny day to day. :cheesygrinsmiley: and I love shopping. haha
:circle-of-love:
You are welcome.
Isn't this the weekend for you? Why are you working 6 days/week? We don't want you to burn out.
:Namaste:
Thank you for your good concern, I really appreaciated that . :circle-of-love:

You can replace it with the 12v 120mm size PC fans :high-five:

Hello holist2002, the change of the fan will influence the warranty, but if there is any problem with your lights afterwards, please tell me, I will try my best to help as well. :circle-of-love:

Excellent
and mucho grasias SmokeSara, I appreciate it. !

My photos of the inside show a blurry 12V 1A supply. The fan says 12V 0.25A. It's big enough to power 3 fans.

Humidity will be a bigger issue than heat with the LED's. The latent heat of evaporation makes my soil 14 deg F cooler than the air around the lights.

In other words; The heat problem will go away when you control the humidity. The "heat load" will decrease as the plant size increases.

Also FYI; This is the weekend in China. She usually comes back on-line Sunday night in the US.

That's good news, 1A will allow a lot. I'll be eager to explore more when I get the light.
I'll have to investigate the humidity more..

The heat will be a non-issue I figure, with all set up eventually.. by having the light&heat outside of the box, no heat will build up.
(The exhaust fan will then only need to move about 2cfm to provide adequate air exchange). 5v would be do-able, 7v would give a bit more buffer. But figuring out the heat and humidity is the first thing. One step at a time.

I grow using the NFT system so i have to add Nutes to keep the girls healthy as no soil to help.

I start out with no nutes just PH neutral water and then i add i weak - half strength specific seedling nutrient until i can see some nice roots coming out of the rockwool. When the roots show and the plant has sprouted a few leaves and looks healthy i then swap to the grow nutrient (again half strengthish) and then as the plant grows i increase this.

I will keep the nutes lower this time and use the leaf chart shown earlier to help diagnose any deficiencies and will swap over to the bloom formula when i see the plant starting to flower.

Thanks peeps.

Please does anyone know did I burn my leaves with keeping my LED too close or is something else. Ladies look healthy in general but new leaves on two of them are yellow on the ends. Please see picture
20150321_193945_resized.jpg
on top left.

Or more info in my journal: Auto Ultimate - LED Mars II 700W - 90X90 - Indoor

Back
Top Bottom