Strawberry Blue
Lemon Kush
One Random Bag Seed

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Veg or Pre-veg , Not Sure

If in Veg... For how long?
Seeds Were Planted On 3/14/15 , Not Sure when veg officially starts

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor grow, in a 32x32x60inch tent (2.5x2.5x5ft)

Soil or Hydro?
Soil

If soil... what is in your mix?
FoxFarm Ocean Forest

If soil... What size pot?
2 Gallon pots for the Strawberry Blue and Lemon Kush
1 Gallon grow bag for the random seed

Size of light?
Marshydro Reflector Series 96x3w

Temp of Room/cab?
Temps are consistant around 75-80 degrees

RH of Room/cab?
RH is usually 55-60

PH of media or res?
PH of the soil is around 6.0-6.5

Any Pests ?
None

How often are you watering?
I water every Wednesday and Saturday which is when the soil seems most dry, I used ph'd water at 6.0-6.3
I use about 16oz of water for the 2 gallons and about half for the 1 gallon

image21043.jpg
image21045.jpg
image21421.jpg
image21423.jpg
image21531.jpg
image21556.jpg
image22039.jpg
image22196.jpg
image22242.jpg
image22354.jpg
image22355.jpg
image22419.jpg

What's up everyone , this is my very first attempt at a grow .

Ok guys a little about what's going on .
Got my lighthouse 32x32x60inch grow tent , two main seeds both female , strawberry blue and lemon Kush . Got them each in a 2 gallon pot with FoxFarm ocean fresh . Got my Marshydro reflector series 96x3w led grow light which seems great so far , no complaints . Got it hanging 24inches from the top of my plants now , also got a 4" incline fan installed but it hasn't been on , I feel it's too early to use it , not sure .
Also installed a trellis net 10inches from the top of the pots , I plan on running a scrog being that I'm limited on height .
I've been consistant with my watering with is every 2-3 days with 6.0-6.3 ph water . I use tap water but I learned that lemon juice seems to lower the ph which has been working for me.

The main reason why I have made a journal is because 1, I would like to document my first grow to look back at what went right and wrong , also because I've noticed 420magazine has some of the best member which seem to give the best help to everyone , so I'm hoping to get a few pointers and and some advice.
Which that being said I did start to seem some issues with the plants .
All previous pictures were taken before today .

image22633.jpg
image22634.jpg
image22635.jpg

Second we have the strawberry blue , this ones seems to be doing ok as well, it's growing fine seems very bushy . I'm having a slight problem with this one, if you notice in the second picture , two leaves seem to have some kind of stains like on them not sure how to describe it but does this look familiar to anyone ? Not sure if it's a nute issue or ph problems , or maybe even the lights .

image22636.jpg
image22637.jpg
image22638.jpg
image22639.jpg
image22640.jpg
image22641.jpg

Last is the random bag seed I have grow . This seems to have grow the quickest , I had a bunch of random seeds at first but this one that I kept was the shortest one out of them all .
It seems to have a nute issues, can someone confirm this ?
A few leaf tips are starting to turn a yellow/brown color , also one leaf has a tiny hole .
I did try to top this plant cause after all this is sorta the experiment plant lol
Not sure it I topped it right , I topped it yesterday .

image22710.jpg
image22711.jpg

Happy Easter to everyone !
Took some pics today of what's going on .
First pic is the strawberry blue , as you can see the leaf has started to show more yellowing :(
Second pic is the lemon kush which just started to show the same signs.
If you look closely at the plant behind it , a few tips also are experiencing this problem :(

Not sure what to do . Maybe flush it ?
Can someone point me in the right direction to a thread for this ?

Not sure what to do . Maybe flush it ?
Can someone point me in the right direction to a thread for this ?

I wonder if the lemon juice may be the issue? Do you trust you PH meter?

Feed the soil, there are many ways to go about this - personally I'd avoid the lemon juice... but this is merely an instinctual inclination. Either way you will be well served to go the compost tea route - or perhaps the kelp meal (great stuff!) sort of route, Neptunes Harvest and the like is great too. I err on the side of a wide blanket of nutrients - the fish/kelp fertilizers do this extremely well. Pretty tough to nute burn with these, something extremely easy to do with the water soluble blue stuff (although jacks 20/20/20 is excellent in the oh so smallest of doses!).

Test the runoff water pH, if its above 7, add gypsum, if below 6, add dolomite lime.
Mine had a similar problem, high pH (plus light burn, but whatever) adjusting it to the right pH made my plants look better.
Flushing the soil plus pH balancer should do the trick, pH changes the nutrients in the soil, too high or too low and you dont get the right Nitrogen levels.

Test the runoff water pH, if its above 7, add gypsum, if below 6, add dolomite lime.
Mine had a similar problem, high pH (plus light burn, but whatever) adjusting it to the right pH made my plants look better.
Flushing the soil plus pH balancer should do the trick, pH changes the nutrients in the soil, too high or too low and you dont get the right Nitrogen levels.

I haven't tested any run off water , for the two 2 gallon pots I give them enough water sometimes they sag a little from overwater but they recover . That can't be a good thing right ?

Hey B,

I am having a similar issue with the Strawberry Blue I have going on. From what I make out of it, its either dam thirsty for Magnesium, or its very sensitive to PH levels and therefore getting locked out. There is one difference between our grows though, your in Soil and I'm using a mix of Coco and Perlite (this is also my first grow in over 15yrs, and first attempt at a hydroponic medium). I personally have added more Cal Mag to my watering program as of today along with a touch of Epsom Salt, and will be posting results of such doing here in a few days. Good luck bud!

-RBG

Hey B,

I am having a similar issue with the Strawberry Blue I have going on. From what I make out of it, its either dam thirsty for Magnesium, or its very sensitive to PH levels and therefore getting locked out. There is one difference between our grows though, your in Soil and I'm using a mix of Coco and Perlite (this is also my first grow in over 15yrs, and first attempt at a hydroponic medium). I personally have added more Cal Mag to my watering program as of today along with a touch of Epsom Salt, and will be posting results of such doing here in a few days. Good luck bud!

-RBG

Hey sorry for the late reply . My strawberry blue only has 1 maybe two leafs affected.
I have some cal/mag coming in tmrw which I'll try out .
Have you been having any better results ?
I'm not sure if using cal/mag will fix the issues or just stop them from continuing to happen .

Hey Guys ! I took some New pics today as I was watering .
image23369.jpg
image23368.jpg

First two pics are the strawberry blue , first pic you can see on the right there was a slight issue I'm not sure if it was nute problem or cal/mag .
Second pic you can see on the left there was one really damaged leaf . All this stated happening in the beginning mostly after transplant , after the issues started I really started to pay attention to my water PH levels and also started using the cal/mag on Saturday and I haven't seen any new issues starting .
image23367.jpg

Third pic is still the strawberry blue which I had topped , it seems to be coming in fine . Whatcha think ?

image23370.jpg
image23372.jpg

These two pic are the lemon kush which in my opinion is looking very good . First pic you can see there is one leaf with the brownish tips. One again this was in the early stages and hasn't gotten worse .
image23373.jpg

This is also the lemon kush which I topped about a week or two ago and seems to have grow in really quick .

image23374.jpg
image23376.jpg
image23377.jpg

This is the regular plant I've been growing . In the first pic you can see all the leafs starting to droop. I'm not sure why mayb underwater ? Can't be over watering . The plant the wet in the pics cause I just watered it and misted it with the same PH'd water with cal/mag. It's in a one gallon grow bag with FFOF only . Last time I watered it was Saturday and it the soil seemed a bit dry. When I picked up the bag the soil inside felt hard .
Second pic you can see the brow leafs on the left , also slight brown spotting on the bottom leafs on the right side .
image23375.jpg

Last pic is the regular plant that I topped about two weeks ago , it's grown in quick and really bushy .

Nice stuff looks like everything is going well for u :goodjob: just a tip incase u dont know,when ur spraying the leaves (foliar feeding) any excess drops of water left on the leaves when light come on they can act as a magnifying glass and brun ur leaves:) and younger leaves and growth absorbe more water then the tougher older ones,
just a heads up :peace:

Hey Indo ! Thanks for that advice I really appreciate you taking the time to pass on some good information.
I'm guessing the best time to most would be when the lights are off .
Also do you know if misting has any affect on the plant in a good way ? Or should I just stick to a consistent watering schedule ?

Back
Top Bottom