Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Good evening Kriaze. :circle-of-love:
Also Happyjoy if you want a discount code for Mars Hydro entering COFINEST at checkout should apply a discount. I think it was 3% last time I checked but a discount is a discount.

Thanks for the order MRCPP, we will ship your light out today, and you can get the light very soon. :thanks:
Well Sara, I did it. Finally (like a minute ago) ordered my first Mars 80 x 5 light. I can't wait to get it up and running.

Happy growing db003 :cheesygrinsmiley: :circle-of-love:
dude you will love your new led light I just got my mars II 400w around the beginning of April and my girls are loving it. this is my first grow so I have anything to compare it to but I love it good luck and happy growing here are a few pics of my grow and yes I am a real person just ask any body I bug the hell out of them all... bwahahaha jk
0042035.JPG
0061702.JPG
0071587.JPG
0051921.JPG

Hmm... I guess I goe your point now, :volcano-smiley: the 96x3w light can cover your space well then. :thanks:

so about the LED's. you said that the 96x3 would go good in my room. however ive been reading that LED grows really should be 50W per sq foot. but in action, i see alot of journals here where people are using closer to 30W.
i dont want to do this whole grow, and then end up with just mediocre buds since there wasnt enough watts. i would really love that these plants come out 'amazing'...so im trying to put in all the care i can to make it the best i can to my ability.
i wouldnt want, because of trying to save 100$, to lose out on alot of potential 'quality' that i could have had. if i go wtih the 144x3' then that will be 50W per sq foot, which would be exactly like it should... however will this jump up the quality alot, or just add mostly in quanitty?
because the difference between the 96x3 and 144x3 is mainly its just a 3rd longer in length. so the plants in the middle will still be getting the same light and watts. its not like im adding more watts from the side or anything.

can anyone here whos grown with 30W per sq foot chip in on the quality of their grow?

Given the option of using a Mars-Hydro LED Grow Lights Reflector 96x3 watt or the Reflector 144x3 watt I would chose the higher wattage panel. Usually increased illumination levels within the same grow area are repaid in increased harvest weight. I believe that using the Reflector 144x3 watt would give you superior quality and higher yield. You may need a higher CFM inline fan to properly cool your grow area.

Reflector series LED Grow Lights - Mars Hydro

Hi Sara :circle-of-love:

Sorry for the delay :winkyface: The time lag is still obstructive......:thedoubletake:
So Happyjoy has now every opportunity to put a big led light in his box :thumb:

Thanks for your answer in another thread Sara:circle-of-love::cheer:

Best regards and have a good night :thumb:

Greetz, Hazehase:roorrip:

Hey Sara, hope you are well :thumb:.

Happyjoy, have you considered the practicalities of the 144x3 light that you are choosing? I too would go for the extra output in most situations (as I found to my cost in my first fail grow using HPS outputting too much heat in my grow area) but heat output and air circulation aside if you want to fit the 144x3 you have to realise that at 33" long in your 36" length space you're not going to have much room for manoeuvre, either for hanging the light in the first place, or for raising/lowering the light when necessary. You will literally have 1.5" either side to do this. That will be awkward, and awkward will become frustrating, which in turn will lessen the sense of joy you achieve for your grow. There's nothing worse than being frustrated with what was supposed to be a fun personal grow as I found when mine went all wrong.

Seriously, I would really consider the 96x3 (sorry to all the people recommending otherwise but you may have overlooked this). Like I mentioned I have 2 in my 4'x4' space and there's what I would call just an adequate amount of room to get in there to make any adjustments. Thinking about it you would still really need a couple of inches at the side just to get to the switches. I hope this helps, all the best.

I'm not a very experienced grower so you can take this advice with a pinch of salt, maybe you know a lot more about your needs, setup and have considerations that I can't take into account. But as someone that ran into a lot of difficulties I felt it would be best to point this out in the hope that you won't have to suffer the frustrations that I have had to deal with. Although after switching to LED (the right size with the right heat output) everything is looking rosy, or green which ever you prefer :) Good luck.

Happyjoy, have you considered the practicalities of the 144x3 light that you are choosing? I too would go for the extra output in most situations (as I found to my cost in my first fail grow using HPS outputting too much heat in my grow area) but heat output and air circulation aside if you want to fit the 144x3 you have to realise that at 33" long in your 36" length space you're not going to have much room for manoeuvre, either for hanging the light in the first place, or for raising/lowering the light when necessary. You will literally have 1.5" either side to do this. That will be awkward, and awkward will become frustrating, which in turn will lessen the sense of joy you achieve for your grow. There's nothing worse than being frustrated with what was supposed to be a fun personal grow as I found when mine went all wrong.

Seriously, I would really consider the 96x3 (sorry to all the people recommending otherwise but you may have overlooked this). Like I mentioned I have 2 in my 4'x4' space and there's what I would call just an adequate amount of room to get in there to make any adjustments. Thinking about it you would still really need a couple of inches either side just to get to the switches. I hope this helps, all the best.

Hits the nail on its head, in case of air circulation and getting some thumbs space to his inside walls. But he should be able to handle that i think :Namaste:
I understand your good advise even. :idea:
Otherwise if he runs now the bigger exhaust and has enough air intakes with light-traps i guess it would be fine. Also he could put in that smaller box some 140mm computerfans. pushing 10'' underneath the 196x3 the hotter air above the panel. then it would be easily soaken by the new bigger exhaust.
I mean i've seen no pictures in detail, but i think with a little bit of extra care for air circulation he would get it right.
But thats my own opinion and i don't want to disagree your advice. :;):
Like many times you can do it in several ways, with good results :Namaste:
So i think Happyjoy has now many new ideas including yours! There should be a way to get everything done now :goodluck::tokin:

You have to consider that he has already this restricted amount of growing space. I think not everybody has the luck to grow as big as he wants. in regard to law ect. pp.
So HappyJoy, let us know what you are going to do and don't understand that as a wrangle :hippy:
We all want to give You our opinions, to find a good matching solution for you, i think:green_heart::thumb:

Let the green thumb rule and a nice day to everyone!
Greetz, Hazehase:roorrip:

Also Happyjoy if you want a discount code for Mars Hydro entering COFINEST at checkout should apply a discount. I think it was 3% last time I checked but a discount is a discount.

GREAT :goodjob:
i think i will use this, too! Today i saw no shipping costs to germany on mars hydro.com......
So i will take the chance of the moment, if the offer stands there for the next 24h :circle-of-love::cheer:
Does anyone know of a new established warehouse or sth. like this? I'm a little confused...
But if it's shown there like i saw, it had to be true i guess:lot-o-toke:

Seriously, I would really consider the 96x3 (sorry to all the people recommending otherwise but you may have overlooked this). Like I mentioned I have 2 in my 4'x4' space and there's what I would call just an adequate amount of room to get in there to make any adjustments. Thinking about it you would still really need a couple of inches at the side just to get to the switches. I hope this helps, all the best.

I'm not a very experienced grower so you can take this advice with a pinch of salt, maybe you know a lot more about your needs, setup and have considerations that I can't take into account. But as someone that ran into a lot of difficulties I felt it would be best to point this out in the hope that you won't have to suffer the frustrations that I have had to deal with. Although after switching to LED (the right size with the right heat output) everything is looking rosy, or green which ever you prefer :) Good luck.

Thnks so much to you and everyone else here for being so helpful! I really appreciate all the care and advice. I also got to the decision that you mentioned and realized that as things are already it's just way too squishy. The 144x3 is pushing it too much with the size. If I want in the future I can add more, or for this grow I was also considering using some cfl's to make up the missing wattage per foot if need be
I noticed at according to the space u have, use for abou 23 watts per square foot. How's the quality of ur buds looking?

How lond did you vegged her? massive, great result yet.:goodjob::cheer:

I think she vegged about 4 weeks before she went into flowering. It's an auto so it changed on its own. She's been flowering about 6 weeks, so I was hoping she would be done by now but she keeps going and going! Massive CalMag whore too. I had to go buy a new bottle because she sucked up so much CalMag the last 10 weeks.

:morenutes:

Thnks so much to you and everyone else here for being so helpful! I really appreciate all the care and advice. I also got to the decision that you mentioned and realized that as things are already it's just way too squishy. The 144x3 is pushing it too much with the size. If I want in the future I can add more, or for this grow I was also considering using some cfl's to make up the missing wattage per foot if need be
I noticed at according to the space u have, use for abou 23 watts per square foot. How's the quality of ur buds looking?

I can't really comment on the quality as this is my first ever grow and I only used CFL for veg and then HPS for flowering. I made a lot of mistakes and the worst was the continuous heat stress. I looked around and saw this forum and some great advice and recommendations about LED's and after reading about the service (no the price was never a factor ahem, I like value too) and seeing the end results of these lights I thought I'd try and save them. It hasn't made the dead leaves grow green again but I do notice that my buds are raising up and praying to the light. Wherever they are on the plant. I won't get a big fat yield but these feel better heat wise for sure and they seem to be treating my plants better. I'm doing a full run in a few weeks for flowering in LED, but if you want a giggle or a cry you can check my first mistakes in my journal in my signature :p

Back
Top Bottom