Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

We keep trying to find a good solutions for light leak,this is the one we think is better.Hope you guys we like it.:high-five: But we always need good ideas from your guys,so please feel free to tell us at anytime.:Namaste:
Looks good

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

SmokeSara

I have a question for you.
I am about to buy a 3x3 Tent from you and I am wondering what would be the best light to go with it?

I want to saturate the tent with about 50w sq/ft so need between 450-500watts from the wall.
I am thinking that more than one light would be best as opposed to say a Mars II 1200.
I really need the lights for flower only but it appears that you only have one model the Mars II 1600 Flower that is only for flower and that would probably be overkill.

I am thinking that 4, Mars Reflector 48 may be the best all-around option. They are 12"x12" can put 2-3" spacing between them and give me about 28"x28" with the same watts/PAR etc as a Reflector 192 but with a better spread that should cover a 3x3' pretty evenly.
Maybe two Reflector 96s?

Any other options? Most everything else is just one light, less spread, or is starting to get too much for a 3x3'.

Also is there any literature anywhere that gives PAR values for all of your lights? That would be most helpful.

Edit: I just noticed that you can not daisy chain any of your lights?

Thank you.

:circle-of-love:As we are LED factory,we can customize Flower&VEG spectrum of all of our lights ,but we will ship this light from our China warehouse, worldwide free & fast shipping except for Australia, and some custom tax might needed on your side.:Namaste:
4pcs Reflector 48 will be better,around 45w/SQ. Multiple lights it's easier for you to install them,it can cover your growing tent nicely.:high-five:
You can buy directly from our official website,we have different price for different quantity.:Namaste:
mars hydro led grow light -reflector 48
And you can send email to sales18@lgledsolutions.com,we will give you a coupon code.:high-five:
You can tell me you want to know the PAR Values of which light,i can send you by email.:high-five:
We had dasiy chain for our light before,we found out it's not safe to use,so our lights do not have dasiy chain now.:Namaste:
SmokeSara

I have a question for you.
I am about to buy a 3x3 Tent from you and I am wondering what would be the best light to go with it?

I want to saturate the tent with about 50w sq/ft so need between 450-500watts from the wall.
I am thinking that more than one light would be best as opposed to say a Mars II 1200.
I really need the lights for flower only but it appears that you only have one model the Mars II 1600 Flower that is only for flower and that would probably be overkill.

I am thinking that 4, Mars Reflector 48 may be the best all-around option. They are 12"x12" can put 2-3" spacing between them and give me about 28"x28" with the same watts/PAR etc as a Reflector 192 but with a better spread that should cover a 3x3' pretty evenly.
Maybe two Reflector 96s?

Any other options? Most everything else is just one light, less spread, or is starting to get too much for a 3x3'.

Also is there any literature anywhere that gives PAR values for all of your lights? That would be most helpful.

Edit: I just noticed that you can not daisy chain any of your lights?

Thank you.

Mars II 1600 is out of stock at our UK and Germany warehouse,if anyone need to purchase Mars II 1600 from UK&Germany warehouse,need to wait.:Namaste:Or you can check on other lights.:high-five:
Mars II 900 is out of stock at our UK warehouse,the new goods have arrived at UK port,after we finish the custom clearance,they will send to our UK warehouse as soon as possible:Namaste:
Reflector 96,Reflector192 and Mars II 400 are out of stock at our Germany warehouse.:Namaste:If any grower needs to purchase,we can arrange goods from UK warehouse for you,and you need to pay extra shipping fee.:high-five:
We can make sure the date of when will the news good arrive at UK&Germany warehouse on the coming Monday.:Namaste:
07_15_stock1.png

:party:Our Mars Pro II series will arrive at US, UK, CA, DE warehouse pretty soon,:cheer: In order to celebrate that we are gonna send a Free Par 38 LED grow light to those who pre-order the Pro II series LED.:welcome:
7_15_par38.jpg

07_06_Mars_Pro_II.png

Arrival Time:
US: July 20th
UK: around August 20th
DE: around August 20th
CA: August 10th

Sara

I must say I am very disappointed. We ordered from Mars Hydro because of your great reputation for customer service and speed of delivery.

It has taken you and your company almost 3 days from placing our order to inform us that you are out of stock at your Germany warehouse. Not only that, but now we are being asked for $60 more to ship from the UK warehouse instead.
When we ordered on your website the shipping fee we paid was for "EU Shipping" and was not specific to a certain warehouse. Being honest, if you are out of stock at the warehouse closest to me then then that is a fault of mars-hydro, not us.
It therefore seems logical that you should cover the extra shipping fee to ensure your customers receive what they ordered in a respectable amount of time.

Being faced with a choice of paying $60 more to receive what I have already paid for or having to wait for stock to arrive at another warehouse (when I need the lights) is not showing me great customer service, at all. This was the choice Sean Shao gave me via email.
Please also bear in mind that I will have to re-wire all of these UK plugs. I am more than happy to do this to get my lights going but on top of the $60 it really takes the p***

Would appreciate if you could see that my order is dispatched from your UK warehouse ASAP.
Looking forward to your hasty reply.

KK

Mars II 1600 is out of stock at our UK and Germany warehouse,if anyone need to purchase Mars II 1600 from UK&Germany warehouse,need to wait.:Namaste:Or you can check on other lights.:high-five:
Mars II 900 is out of stock at our UK warehouse,the new goods have arrived at UK port,after we finish the custom clearance,they will send to our UK warehouse as soon as possible:Namaste:
Reflector 96,Reflector192 and Mars II 400 are out of stock at our Germany warehouse.:Namaste:If any grower needs to purchase,we can arrange goods from UK warehouse for you,and you need to pay extra shipping fee.:high-five:
We can make sure the date of when will the news good arrive at UK&Germany warehouse on the coming Monday.:Namaste:
07_15_stock1.png

Sara

I must say I am very disappointed. We ordered from Mars Hydro because of your great reputation for customer service and speed of delivery.

It has taken you and your company almost 3 days from placing our order to inform us that you are out of stock at your Germany warehouse. Not only that, but now we are being asked for $60 more to ship from the UK warehouse instead.
When we ordered on your website the shipping fee we paid was for "EU Shipping" and was not specific to a certain warehouse. Being honest, if you are out of stock at the warehouse closest to me then then that is a fault of mars-hydro, not us.
It therefore seems logical that you should cover the extra shipping fee to ensure your customers receive what they ordered in a respectable amount of time.

Being faced with a choice of paying $60 more to receive what I have already paid for or having to wait for stock to arrive at another warehouse (when I need the lights) is not showing me great customer service, at all. This was the choice Sean Shao gave me via email.
Please also bear in mind that I will have to re-wire all of these UK plugs. I am more than happy to do this to get my lights going but on top of the $60 it really takes the p***

Would appreciate if you could see that my order is dispatched from your UK warehouse ASAP.

KK

Wow Dude,

Didn't you ask if they had any in stock before you ordered?

I always find that when ordering from smaller manufactures or for ordering items like these lights it's best to ask if they have stock first...

Surely you can just get adaptors instead of rewiring?

I'm after an ultralight backpack but no one in my country has any in stock.

I would look like a dickhead if I started to get upset that that none of the stores had any in the colour I wanted in stock.

My tough luck, I guess I will have to order one from overseas or ask a local dealer to order one for me.

Your pissed off that you couldn't get what you wanted when you wanted it but that's life buddy!!

What's annoying is that there was no indication on their website as to stock levels when i processed my order, and It's taken almost 3 days to inform me of the delay.

If the site had stated they were out of stock at the time of my purchase and I had the option to pay extra for shipping from the UK, I would have done that. Having to still pay the extra after already waiting 3 days is what's annoying. It was after my order was placed that the above stock lists were posted by Sara.

I realise these things can happen and I'm not pissed off that I couldn't get what I wanted when I wanted, just that from an admin and customer service point-of-view it has been handled pretty badly by a company that pride themselves on customer service and efficiency.

Wow Dude,

I always find that when ordering from smaller manufactures or for ordering items like these lights it's best to ask if they have stock first...

I would look like a dickhead if I started to get upset that that none of the stores had any in the colour I wanted in stock.

My tough luck, I guess I will have to order one from overseas or ask a local dealer to order one for me.

Your pissed off that you couldn't get what you wanted when you wanted it but that's life buddy!!

What's annoying is that there was no indication on their website as to stock levels when i processed my order, and It's taken almost 3 days to inform me of the delay.

If the site had stated they were out of stock at the time of my purchase and I had the option to pay extra for shipping from the UK, I would have done that. Having to still pay the extra after already waiting 3 days is what's annoying. It was after my order was placed that the above stock lists were posted by Sara.

I realise these things can happen and I'm not pissed off that I couldn't get what I wanted when I wanted, just that from an admin and customer service point-of-view it has been handled pretty badly by a company that pride themselves on customer service and efficiency.

Fair Enough,

I have different dealings with them because growing is illegal here so I am full of questions and see them as my friends helping me.

I purchased a light last year but emailed the company because I was doubtful of stock being in my country.
Customer service was fantastic whilst I purchased through the website the rep joked at how I wasted a bit of money as they had to charge me separate for shipping.

Just ordered another one yesterday and again customer service has been fantastic but I had a rep give me a price including shipping and gave me tracking number.

All communication within hours

I'm sure they will do the best they can for you.

Hope it all works out.

I laugh though that I spend all this money on lights and open them up to replace with very cheap and quiet and efficient computer fans!! Because the ones they use are so damn noisy!!!

hey sara here's a couple shots of the tent for ya.

the girls are coming along fine.

20160714_194933.jpg

20160714_194945.jpg

20160714_195056.jpg

20160714_195044.jpg

20160714_195106.jpg

:circle-of-love:As we are LED factory,we can customize Flower&VEG spectrum of all of our lights ,but we will ship this light from our China warehouse, worldwide free & fast shipping except for Australia, and some custom tax might needed on your side.:Namaste:
4pcs Reflector 48 will be better,around 45w/SQ. Multiple lights it's easier for you to install them,it can cover your growing tent nicely.:high-five:
You can buy directly from our official website,we have different price for different quantity.:Namaste:
mars hydro led grow light -reflector 48
And you can send email to sales18@lgledsolutions.com,we will give you a coupon code.:high-five:
You can tell me you want to know the PAR Values of which light,i can send you by email.:high-five:
We had dasiy chain for our light before,we found out it's not safe to use,so our lights do not have dasiy chain now.:Namaste:

Thank you Sarah.
Email sent, looking forward to recieving my new tent and lights. :Namaste:

:thanks:

Yesterday was the day which almost all growers salivate over, the day when their buds are dry, and ready for the official weigh-in before going into jars for an extended cure :grinjoint: I am extremely excited with the results that I got on my second grow with MH lights in terms of quality and quantity, so had to share!

A little background on this grow: The plan for this grow was to grow 4 plants and veg/scrog them for ~2 months to fill a 8.5' x 3' screen under ~1350 W of MH Lights (3 x MarsII 900's and 2 x Reflector 48's). Unfortunately, I had some issues with genetics and ended up with 2 runty plants and had to run only 2 plants this round instead. Due to time constraints, I vegged them as long as I could (approx. 12 weeks), but was not able to fill the entire screen during this time........that said, I ended up with two monster plants that DENSELY covered 6-6.5' x 3' of my screen. To try and max out yield for that area, I blasted it with all 1350 W of light at a distance of 12-13" for most of the grow.....there was only 1" of spacing between any of the lights, so these two plants received essentially as much lights as they could handle. Plants were in an ebb and flow hydro system, 1 x DNA Kosher Tangie and 1 x DNA Tangilope, flowered for 67 and 68 days respectfully. I did a 1st cut one week ago, taking all the the top, ripe buds that got the best light in a crowded scrog and left the bottom stuff along the screen to ripen up for another week. The buds were trimmed wet and hung to dry on drying racks for one week. They are now in jars, and I've done the weigh-in and took some pictures.....here are the results:

DNA - Kosher Tangie (Kosher Kush x Tangie)

This plant was flowered for 67 days, and took up approximately 35-40% of the SCROG surface area. This was an indica-dominant phenotype that closely resembled the Kosher Kush parent. Fat indica leaves, very tight internal spacing, smaller, round, very dense nugs. The buds are extremely sticky with insane resin production, they smell like lemony fuel with that musty/earthy/kushy funk. Here are some pictures of the first cut in jars as well as pictures of the 2nd cut (chopped yesterday) hanging in the dry racks:

IMG_181735.jpg

IMG_183525.JPG
IMG_184025.JPG
IMG_184122.JPG
IMG_182428.JPG

First Cut Dry Weight: 153g (5.46 oz.)

This was a very welcome surprise, as I kind of expected this plant to be a bit of a disappointing yielder due to the smaller bud size. There are a TON of buds though, and they are extremely dense which makes up for the lack of size. I'm estimating that the 2nd cut will give another 3-4 ounces once dry, and there is roughly 1/2 ounce - 1 ounce still on the screen to ripen for a few more days. This means that this single Kosher Tangie plant will provide a final dry yield in the range of 9 - 10.5 ounces. Extremely happy with this result!

DNA - Tangilope (Chocolope x Tangie)

This plant was flowered for 68 days and is being harvested in stages like the Kosher Tangie above. This was a sativa dominant phenotype that branched and stretched like crazy, filling approximately 60-65% of the SCROG area. Formed large, spear-shaped sativa buds that reek of citrus, fuel, and pepper.....very complex and interesting aromas from this plant. Here are some pics of the many jars it filled, along with some bud shots:

IMG_182033.JPG
IMG_182622.JPG

IMG_183325.JPG
IMG_182824.JPG
IMG_183220.JPG

The first cut was dried for a week, and the second cut will likely be tomorrow night.....9 days later.

First cut dry weight: 302 g (10.8 oz)

This plant is going to shatter my record for most dry weight from one plant. I estimate that there is another 3-4 ounces to be harvested in the second cut, putting this plant in the 14-15 ounce range. The 3-4 ounces remaining may be conservative (I find it very hard to judge weight on a crowded screen with tons of smaller buds), so there is a chance that this one plant could break the 1 lb barrier!

All in all, I will be looking at pulling 23-26 ounces from these 2 plants in a relatively small area once it's all said and done. Considering this grow did not go as planned and I didn't get to fill the screen as intended, I'm absolutely thrilled with the results. The quality is definitely there, running the lights closer together and closer to the plants made a significant difference compared to my first round flowering under these lights. Now for the excruciating 3-4 week wait for these delicious buds to cure before I can sample and submit smoke reports. I will pop back in a provide an accurate update once the 2nd and 3rd cuts have been fully dried and weighed. Thanks again Sara and the MH Team, I love these lights.....they are an absolute pleasure to grow with. It's been a hot/muggy summer and there is no way I could have gotten away with running this kind of wattage in HIDs without lots of expensive A/C.

:circle-of-love:Morning KrazyKiddo,if anyone buy from UK,we will send the goods from our UK warehouse;for other country in EU ,we will send from Germany warehouse.:high-five:
When our UK warehouse out of stock for some model,we will arrange send the goods from Germany warehouse,for Germany warehouse will be the same way.:Namaste:
I'm sorry about your order.We should send you email as soon as possible.:Namaste:Our Germany warehouse is moving these days,so every information can not update on time.I'm really sorry for this.We will get these things done as soon as we can.:Namaste:
After we confirm your payment for the shipping fee,we will arrange to send out your light immediately,and the power cord we will send it to you from Germany warehoue,you do not need to re-wire plugs.:high-five:
Sara

KK

:high-five:Our new goods is on the way to Germany,but now we can not make sure the date of the goods will arrive till the coming Monday.:Namaste:
We will try our best to help solve this problem for our customer as soon as possible.:Namaste:
Wow Dude,

The stock information only can shows for all international warehouse together,it can not show by a specific warehouse.I'm sorry about that.:Namaste:
Recently our Germany warehouse is moving,everything will back to normal in one or two weeks.:high-five:

:welcome:It's nice to see your around.:cheer:Thanks for your support,we will try our best for better service.:thanks:
If your fan is too noisy,you can contact with us,we can help you to change a new one.:high-five:
How is your plants recently? How many plants your have now? Looking forward to some pics of them.:volcano-smiley:
:circle-of-love:Happy growing.
Fair Enough,

I have different dealings with them because growing is illegal here so I am full of questions and see them as my friends helping me.

I purchased a light last year but emailed the company because I was doubtful of stock being in my country.
Customer service was fantastic whilst I purchased through the website the rep joked at how I wasted a bit of money as they had to charge me separate for shipping.

Just ordered another one yesterday and again customer service has been fantastic but I had a rep give me a price including shipping and gave me tracking number.

All communication within hours

I'm sure they will do the best they can for you.

Hope it all works out.

I laugh though that I spend all this money on lights and open them up to replace with very cheap and quiet and efficient computer fans!! Because the ones they use are so damn noisy!!!

:circle-of-love:Thanks for sharing with us.:thanks:They look awesome.:thumb:
1,2,3,.....28,28 girls in your tent,right?:goodjob:It must be a happy thing that you visit your girls everyday.:cheer: I'm sure every time when you visit them,they look different,they grow bigger everyday.:cheer:
They must keep you busy all the time.:bravo::bravo:
hey sara here's a couple shots of the tent for ya.

the girls are coming along fine.

20160714_194933.jpg

20160714_194945.jpg

20160714_195056.jpg

20160714_195044.jpg

20160714_195106.jpg

It's my pleasure.:Namaste:I checked the stock information for Reflector48,all of our international warehouse have stock right now,you can place order at anytime.:high-five:If you need to know anything more,please let me know.:high-five:
Thank you Sarah.
Email sent, looking forward to recieving my new tent and lights. :Namaste:

:thanks:

Hey Sara love your lights I now have 14 of them as I just had one more arrive today :thumb: . Just one comment you lights have always come with the 4 hanging cables and two carabiner clips however the last few orders have only come with one carabiner clip? Supporting lights from one common point is not the best and have to always go buy that extra clip. I know it's a very small issue for the great lights however maybe something you can look into.

Back
Top Bottom