Miha's AutoMazar & LEDs - Take 2

LadyMiha

Hello 420! I just started my second journal, the first was abandoned cause I left a friend to take care of my babies while I was in vacation and it was tragic. They are under control now but I think is better to start fresh.

I'm growing 4 AutoMazar from Dutch Passion unde a 400w LED. Led was bought from China.
I am using 15L airpots ( wanted to use fabric but they sent me 11L instead of 15 so I had some airpots around)
Food from Advanced Nutrients.
Soil Plagron Light Mix

I germinated 4 seeds, 2 didn't wanna come out of the soil so I switch 'em with 2 new ones :>

20150901_151201.jpg
20150906_211831.jpg
20150906_211843.jpg
20150906_211821.jpg
20150907_101018.jpg

re: Miha's AutoMazar & LEDs - Take 2

Took a couple of shots this morning from one of my widows, from my actual grow. She is under an 55x5w, same brand as the one from this grow just smaller witch really impressed me. I have never taught that a small cheep light can surprise me :D... I'm kinda newb so maybe that's why :)

20150907_111441.jpg
20150907_111423.jpg
20150907_111418.jpg

Hi! Had a 50L bag of soil for a couple of weeks in my grow room where my flower and veg tents are. When (10 days ago) filled the pots it was wet...ish and didn't gave it much taught right then since the day after it was drying very fast under the led. Now when my flowers are 9-8-2-2 days old I saw bugs on them (thrips larvas). I have or had them in my flower tent also, didn't see any for a whyle but I'm guessing the wet bag of soil was the problem?!?!?!

Is it possible that the soil is full of bugs and I'm f**ed? Should I change the soil? Is there somethink I can use?
Biggest problem is when I search google for a bug solution I can't find any product in EU.
I sprayed them with Canna Cure or something like that. Help plx!!

Hello Lady Miha!

I've never had thrips in my grow, but your plants are still small and easy to treat now. Neem oil is good for many types of infestation. Look up Plagron and BioBizz they are both EU based. The wet bag of substrate is probably where they came from. You should try to do a deep clean of your grow space while they are small; better than trying to deal with an infestation when the plants are flowering for example.

I have grown AutoMazars outdoors for two years now they are fairly straight forward to grow - this year I got Bud rot on both plants, but my conditions are very humid. Good. Luck with the grow

Thanks a lot B! I was just thinking to buy Plagron Mighty Neem I think but then I taught isn't the same if I buy a bottle of neem from a natural shop thing?

B I got another q. How would you recommend to make this deep clean of my growing space. Cause when you say that I think I must clean all the room not only the tents. As I was searching in the flower room I found thous maggots there 2.

I don't grow indoors so I am not familiar with the material the grow tents are made with. However I can't imagine that the principles are much different than the annual deep clean I give every room of my home every spring. You will need to totally empty the room. Use products like vinegar, bicarbonate of Soda and off course bleach, please note that all products are facilitators the most important thing in a deep clean is elbow grease ;):rofl:I would then spray the room with something scary like Baygon or Raid and keep the room shut after spraying for a good 6 or so hours to make sure all intruders have been gassed into oblivion.

Off course everything you put back into the room should have been cleaned thoroughly and also sprayed with insecticide if you suspect it might provide hiding places....

If at all possible, do things like potting and repotting outdoors or in your bath/shower area to minimise the risk of spilt soil. Also be aware that you yourself are a vector for pests if you come in and out of your garden for example before going into your grow room.

Can't think of anything else, but you know. Where I am if you have more questions....
:thumb:

So I am spraying every day with Plagron Mighty Neem the plants and the top of the soil. Next feed I taught I should give them water and neem in hope that what lives in the soil will drown :) adn add nutes after. I still have bugs but I don't see so many now. After my flowering tent will be done I will clean the room and wash the tents... Hope the small ones will see that day lol. Will post pics later today. Peace!

Here are some shots from day 14/15 and day 8 the small ones. Still in the war with the damn bugz.

20150915_171246.jpg
20150915_171240.jpg
20150915_163645.jpg
20150915_163642.jpg
20150915_163303.jpg
20150915_163257.jpg
20150915_163245.jpg
20150915_163239.jpg

I use a normal led bulb to take the pics, I don't let 'em on much cause they burn the plants, tryed once :>.

And this unde the 90w led

20150915_180601.jpg

I need some info on what pesticide I can use to kill the thrips... Neem isn't killing them all, just keeps a little bit of control. I need a good spray + something for the soil. Any info is appreciated.

Great looking Mazars, especially for autos! looks to be at least 1-2oz/plant!
For the thrips, I've had them twice now, and once was due to me bringing in a plant from outdoors, the other time i'm not really sure. But, the first time I had them, it was late flower, so foliar sprays aren't really ideal to use.. You have to think, "do I really want to be smoking this?"
BUT! I used yellow/blue sticky cards, had about 7-10 of them in the tent, with only 3 plants, as the more cards the more likely you will be to catch the loose ones. Another thing, thrips HATE co2, it makes their skin itch and causes them to move around and get away from the co2. If you could possibly shut off all fans/lights and make 2-4 home DIY co2 generators, and line the tent with sticky cards, it should do some magic. But, if this doesn't work, i'd recommend going to your local hydro store, and picking up a spray canister, kind of like a "lice grenade", you set it up, it releases a gas, and 6-12 hours later you are safe to go back into the room. Cannot remember the name of it for the life of me. These little bastards are rough.

Hey fros! Actually in the flower room are 2 Auto WW XXL from Dinafem but they will be cut down in a week or so no problem there anymore. For the little ones I want a spray. I also think my soil is infected since was kinda' wet when I poted it.

Yesterday's harvest. Once I got in the tent I noticed I had spider webs on many leaves QQ ( qq = 2 crying eyes )... So i cut everything down, no flush no nothing. I'm not pleased at all with this harvest but then again it would be much worse without it :)).

2 Dinafem White Widow XXL and the small one is a Vertigo. The Vertigo's buds are rock hard, never had such hard buds on ant plant till now.

Vertigo
20150919_080555.jpg

WW #1 that was under an Ecosunlite 90w led

20150919_115041.jpg
20150919_115050.jpg

WW #2 under a 2 cluster Spider LED (90-100w I think)

20150919_131229.jpg
20150919_131136.jpg
20150919_131121.jpg

Didn't had any time to take any pics today. Still having problems with the damn bugs even after I sprayed with a pesticide... For a few days it worked but today I saw some, sprayed, and after 1h larva's on the leafs again. I'm tempted to buy siera natural w/e but it costs (for a bottle = 24$) I pat 70$(ship cost etc etc) so I don't wanna spend that much money... And if I do will it work 100%? hmm...
Anyways I am planning to buy a ventilated hood for the winter, I fear heat and to much noise so I need something that doesn't put a lot of heat so feel free to share.
Good day!

Avid kills spider mites, infact it kills everything, n the pests dont come back/ Illegal in my country but I managed to order some on ebay but then lost it. Luckily havnt had them back since. Spider mites make my skin crawl, all those eggs although I never had them web up which they do late in the infection. They lay there eggs all under the leaf along the veins its gross. Youre buds are lovely, hope you get them under control.... there the worst and hardest pests to get rid off imo

Herb :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom