MJ420's Second - Dutch Passion's Blueberry and Strawberry Cough Fem SCROG

Re: MJ420's Second. Dutch Passion's Blueberry and Strawberry Cough Fem SCROG

Blueberry yummyyy
MJ you'r doing good job , plants look absolutely fabulous. Keep in touch ,I just need feedback's about the taste of that "berry" :hippy:

Thank you !
MJ420:peace:

looking good mj
im glad to hear that they bounced back from the heat stroke

cant wait for the next set of pics

Hey Falcore,
Thank you ! :grinjoint:
And they are looking much nicer now !

I've been bending the top horizontal, so I'm just waiting until I have them where I want them for an update.
Lets just say its future cola city ! lol

Congrats on your harvest too !
Thanks for stopping by !

Update

So the plants weren't looking as good as they could have and my feeding/humidity/temps is finally on point,
So I came to the conclusion that I needed to transplant .

I'm so glad that I did ! :grinjoint:

The roots were all the way to the bottom and had the bottom 2 inches or so of soil bound up fierce, I put a fresh mix in new pots then put the root square ( lol ) on top and filled in .

They were more perky and just better looking all around just hours later , which was surprising , because it got kinda rough ! lol

These pictures are on day 58 of veg !

This first picture is of the Strawberry Cough.
rsz_1-18_sbc.jpg

Another of the Strawberry Cough.
rsz_1-18_sbc.jpg

This one shows the Blueberry !
rsz_11-18_bb.jpg

Blueberry from a different angle !
rsz_1-18_bb1.jpg

Family Picture !
rsz_1-18.jpg

So some bad shit has went down lately ...
My Power strip just went out ,
So about 9 AM - Noon (The lights are on 8 AM - 2 AM ) , the lights were out !

With the recent heat stress , I've had trouble until now keeping temps consistent , transplant stress and now this !
I'm getting worried about Hermies'

Suggestions/Questions/Comments Please feel free !
Thanks for looking !

i would be surprized to see fem seeds go hermi usually cuz usually it's in the genes and then they are triggered. i am also under the impression that hermies happen during stress after you begin the flowering period but there may be other more informed opinions out there.
i dont think you have put them through any seriously detrimental stress. just little f-ups that all of us home growers end up doing once or twice or maybe 6 or 7 times lol

they both look great tho. watching the sbc makes me want to try a sativa strain. an now they will totaly take off in their new containers
keep it up MJ you going strong

Looking great MJ! Good call on the transplant - I know a lot of growers avoid transplanting but in my experience it has always been a good choice.

So, you're at day 58 of veg - that's a lot of veggin'! When are you planning to start flowering? Still planning to ScrOG? Looks like they're more than ready for it if that's still the plan.

Sounds like you have heat under control but it could become an issue again (say, as the weather warms up) so you might consider running your lights at night when you can draw in cooler outside air. Many growers suggest an extended dark period (30 to 48 hours) between flower and veg - you could take advantage of that to switch you lighting period from daytime to nighttime. Just a few thoughs - you're doing a great job so whatever you decide I'm sure you'll pull it off in style!

Nice job.
They don't look like they suffered any ill effects from the transplant.
;)

i would be surprized to see fem seeds go hermi usually cuz usually it's in the genes and then they are triggered.

See I was thinking completly flipped from that,
I've heard that Feminized seeds ( Especially from Dutch Passion , Unfortunately ) go Hermi easier because of how Fem seeds are made .

I am also under the impression that hermies happen during stress after you begin the flowering period but there may be other more informed opinions out there.

I really don't know either but I really hope !

i dont think you have put them through any seriously detrimental stress. just little f-ups that all of us home growers end up doing once or twice or maybe 6 or 7 times lol

Haha, Good to know its not just me ! :grinjoint:

they both look great tho. watching the sbc makes me want to try a sativa strain.

I really like Sativa strains ,
Not only the difference in the high which is my main reason but the way Sativa's growth forms is just awesome to me !
She really bends to my will nicely too ! lol

an now they will totaly take off in their new containers
keep it up MJ you going strong

So after those pics were taken yesterday I went and did some tie downs !

Here's some pics from the morning after ! lol

This picture is of the Blueberry !
rsz_1-19_bb.jpg

Another of the Blueberry .
rsz_1-19_bb1.jpg

This one shows the Strawberry Cough !
rsz_1-19_sbc.jpg

Another Strawberry Cough .
rsz_1-19_sbc1.jpg

This pic shows Strawberry Cough's LST on the main stem .
rsz_1-19_sbc2.jpg

The new family pictures !
rsz_1-19_f.jpg

rsz_1-19_f1.jpg

Thank you for looking ! :grinjoint:

Looking great MJ! Good call on the transplant - I know a lot of growers avoid transplanting but in my experience it has always been a good choice.

So, you're at day 58 of veg - that's a lot of veggin'! When are you planning to start flowering? Still planning to ScrOG? Looks like they're more than ready for it if that's still the plan.

Sounds like you have heat under control but it could become an issue again (say, as the weather warms up) so you might consider running your lights at night when you can draw in cooler outside air. Many growers suggest an extended dark period (30 to 48 hours) between flower and veg - you could take advantage of that to switch you lighting period from daytime to nighttime. Just a few thoughs - you're doing a great job so whatever you decide I'm sure you'll pull it off in style!

Usul,
Thank you !
Yea almost 2 month , but I've had it too cold at night until the last week or so. I believe that they were going kind of slow because of this.
I just want big plants and big buds ! S I'm still going ! lol
I am definitely still planning to SCROG ! I'm planning on about a foot between the pots and screen .

Running the lights at night is definitely something to think about ...

Thanks for stopping by !

humidifier_25_frame1.jpg

If anyone is looking for a humidifier to handle your small/medium size grow room , I wanted to let you know that this humidifier works great !

It has a 2.5 gallon res, Humidity Control , and night mode !

This humidifier will shut it's self down when the humidifier gets over a certain percent , so it really does save water . ( For me anyway )
I still don't trust the night mode so I cover the digital display with tape , but even with doing that it is very convenient.

I've only had it a few weeks so I can't really speak for its lifespan , but it is right on controlling the humidity . ( Per my Hygrometer )
I picked it up at Lowe's for around $60 .

Great buy IMHO !
Thanks for looking !

Looking great. Have you thought about getting the scrog in there before ending veg? Let them fill about 2/3 of the scrog in veg then throw them into flower. I bet you get every hole filled.

MJ,
i just caught up on your journal, I see what you were saying about how u mixed up labels as i did. Did you figure out which is which yet ? the one you're calling DP BB i'm not sure if you are right, like i said not sure. 1 thing i can say about my DP BB plant is the spacing in between the internodes are small and my plant is small and bushy. my plant is 1 ft tall and in DAY 12 of flower and i do see similar traits from both your plants which makes it even harder to tell. BTW:goodjob::nicethread:

Wow! Your plants look really good mj420
nice work with the lsting their colas look really even.

Hey Falcore,

Thank you much! :grinjoint:

Looking great. Have you thought about getting the scrog in there before ending veg? Let them fill about 2/3 of the scrog in veg then throw them into flower. I bet you get every hole filled.

Whiskey Papa,
Thank you !
Most definitly I will be putting the SCROG screen in before flowering !

I will re-pot one more time into much bigger pots with a different mix, biggest difference is I will cut with about 50 percent Light Warrior .
After the transplant they will veg for however much longer it takes to fill the screen as you said about 2/3 full.

Thank you for stopping by !

Did you figure out which is which yet ?

The one you're calling DP BB I'm not sure if you are right, like i said not sure.

1 thing i can say about my DP BB plant is the spacing in between the internodes are small and my plant is small and bushy.

My plant is 1 ft tall and in DAY 12 of flower and i do see similar traits from both your plants which makes it even harder to tell. BTW:goodjob::nicethread:

Hey Gunjababy,

I believe now that it can only be one way.

The Blueberry is on the Left and the Strawberry Cough is on the Right !
rsz_1-20.jpg

Everything about the Blueberry tells me it is an Indica , except for my label !
Same scenario with the Strawberry Cough !

Thank you for stopping by !

Back
Top Bottom