Moony Goes To Mars Hydro FC8000! Herbies - Mimosa X Orange Punch & 2 Auto Sponsored Run!

Hello @Moony Hope you are well my friend.
Mind if I tag along? :popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill
God dammit I told you I'm really useless at tagging people!! Of course you are welcome bill! You should have been tagged my friend! :)

God dammit I told you I'm really useless at tagging people!! Of course you are welcome bill! You should have been tagged my friend! :)
It's all good my friend :Namaste:
As long as I can grab a seat on the bus I'm always a happy camper.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Never want to miss out on a great grow. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

works on a forward voltage. each bar can be treated as a single unit, remove enough bars and there won't be enough to bleed the voltage down to a safe level regardless of dimming.

edit : could lead to a possible run away voltage situation resulting in fire. essentially what happened to @Bill284.
the fixture will have other measures in place though. the driver should pop before stuff gets away.

Thanks for the tag Moony I can't wait to see what you do with that FC8000!

Happy Growing.

works on a forward voltage. each bar can be treated as a single unit, remove enough bars and there won't be enough to bleed the voltage down to a safe level regardless of dimming.

edit : could lead to a possible run away voltage situation resulting in fire. essentially what happened to @Bill284.
the fixture will have other measures in place though. the driver should pop before stuff gets away.
Hey @bluter Hope you are well my friend.
Bran new light on low blew up without tripping the breaker.
Your good at math can you calculate the odds of that. :laugh:
What doesn't kill makes you stronger, I'm benching 300lbs now! ;) :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Just stay safe everyone!!!!
Bill

Hey @bluter Hope you are well my friend.
Bran new light on low blew up without tripping the breaker.
Your good at math can you calculate the odds of that. :laugh:
What doesn't kill makes you stronger, I'm benching 300lbs now! ;) :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Just stay safe everyone!!!!
Bill
Just to be safe all my tents are run of a separate plug. I have 3 X 2 plugs in my grow room. So I run the ventilation on one plug and lights on another. All lights are plugged into extensions with surge protectors. Just due to practicality I have to have 1 extension in the tents. So I suspend from the ceiling to keep away from any major moisture. Oh and a fire alarm directly outside the grow room literally a metre away from the tents.

I've always been wary of a fire but your experience certainly made me take things seriously bill.

Ok time to GERMINATE!!! Hehe.

I know alot of people like the soak and towel method. Personally it has too many steps and I find moving the seeds impossible for my giant hands lol. So I go old school.

I fill the pots to the top. Then I tap on floor to level. I then use a screwdriver tip to make a tiny hole for the seed. Not any deeper than your little finger nail. I drop in the seed then lightly cover with medium.

The only thing I do is make sure it's not sat on a big (big in comparison to the tiny seed) piece of perlite when I make the hole.

Then I use a syringe to water. Rather than pressing down I fill the syringe with 30ml of water. I then raise the plunger all the way and out of the syringe. I then let gravity drop the water on the medium. This doesn't have too much pressure and is very similar to rainfall, maybe kicking off some ancient instinct in the little seeds hehe.

After that I place them in my germinator. I spray the germinator generally with a light spray of just water to keep the humidity in the 70-85% range. I try to maintain this humidity until they sprout then I'll remove the lid after a day above medium, using the vents to help acclimate to the air.

All going well I should have 6 happy little ladies in 3-4 days :)

IMG_20220121_220925.jpg

I maintain temperature between 20-24 Celsius using a fan heater with a thermostat. Nothing crazy or expensive :) oh and I place my propagator on the box it came in lol just to keep the roots off the floor and keep general temp nice and cosy :)

I hope I can one day use the @Mars Hydro seedling Mat :) it's not currently available in UK.

Last time I had 11/12 pop using this method and I learned it from someone who hits the same %. It takes the same amount of time as the other methods but requires alot less effort and less chance to damage the seeds by handling them.

Light is set on 25% (200 watt) at a distance of 1 metre or 3.5 feet roughly.

Wish me luck! :)

I'll keep you all updated.

Ok time to GERMINATE!!! Hehe.

I know alot of people like the soak and towel method. Personally it has too many steps and I find moving the seeds impossible for my giant hands lol. So I go old school.

I fill the pots to the top. Then I tap on floor to level. I then use a screwdriver tip to make a tiny hole for the seed. Not any deeper than your little finger nail. I drop in the seed then lightly cover with medium.

The only thing I do is make sure it's not sat on a big (big in comparison to the tiny seed) piece of perlite when I make the hole.

Then I use a syringe to water. Rather than pressing down I fill the syringe with 30ml of water. I then raise the plunger all the way and out of the syringe. I then let gravity drop the water on the medium. This doesn't have too much pressure and is very similar to rainfall, maybe kicking off some ancient instinct in the little seeds hehe.

After that I place them in my germinator. I spray the germinator generally with a light spray of just water to keep the humidity in the 70-85% range. I try to maintain this humidity until they sprout then I'll remove the lid after a day above medium, using the vents to help acclimate to the air.

All going well I should have 6 happy little ladies in 3-4 days :)

IMG_20220121_220925.jpg

I maintain temperature between 20-24 Celsius using a fan heater with a thermostat. Nothing crazy or expensive :) oh and I place my propagator on the box it came in lol just to keep the roots off the floor and keep general temp nice and cosy :)

I hope I can one day use the @Mars Hydro seedling Mat :) it's not currently available in UK.

Last time I had 11/12 pop using this method and I learned it from someone who hits the same %. It takes the same amount of time as the other methods but requires alot less effort and less chance to damage the seeds by handling them.

Light is set on 25% (200 watt) at a distance of 1 metre or 3.5 feet roughly.

Wish me luck! :)

I'll keep you all updated.
And the fun begins :bong:

So.. in less than 48 hours it looks like ive created life!! Seems like the little ones liked being stuck into a medium to get going :)

Temp has been stable between 21-25 humidity 70-90

IMG_20220124_001331.jpg

One of the mimosa X orange Punch showing its little stem first :)

IMG_20220124_001336.jpg

The rest are still sleeping. I really wasn't expecting to see any life yet! Hopefully they should all be above the topsoil (well top Coco haha) by this time tomorrow :).

I gave them all 2 squirts from a spray bottle to keep the general humidity up and put the lid back on. I've put a very weak fan in the tent just to move the air. The lid is staying on so don't need anything too much yet. Once I remove the lid I'll put the fan far away and get the most gentle breeze possible on them. The lid comes off in 2 days when hopefully all the girls are above the medium and ready to get some air :)

Seems like my eyes deceived me. The auto I thought was popped was actually just a bit of perlite haha. But I've just been in and all 4 of the Mimosa X Orange Punch have already popped and are active!! So all 4 popped in the medium within 55 hours! That's so damn quick lol. That's without any soaking etc.

I really hope the autos pop up soon! :)

Couldn't sleep :( damn insomnia. So I'll keep you updated.

Back
Top Bottom