Most efficient way of turning weed into edibles

I see thanks, i thought that even if i leave the bud in i would still need to leave it for long for the thc to bind to the fat better... Im not planning to make anything tbh, just eat the oil straight and get high
Oh okay. You could also try just eating it with a nice oily meal as well. Or, you could decarb it, grind it, and eat the dust with a greasy breakfast!

Oh okay. You could also try just eating it with a nice oily meal as well. Or, you could decarb it, grind it, and eat the dust with a greasy breakfast!

Yeah i was thinking of just eating decarb weed with some high fat meal, but doesn't letting the weed simmer with the oil make it so the thc binds to the fat BEFORE you ingest it thus giving better potency?

found this article: Decarboxylating Cannabis: Turning THCA into THC - Marijuana Growers HQ

Results of Decarboxylation Experiment​

The following charts show the results of the 30 minute and 60 minute decarboxylation experiments. Also included are the lab results from testing done prior to any artificial decarboxylation to establish a starting point. Note that because of the age of both the kief and the trim, decarboxylation had begun to take place to some degree naturally. This may not be your starting point, but should not affect the results of the experiment much.

Kief​

CompoundBefore Decarb30 Min Decarb60 Min Decarb
THCA24.5%2.6%.1%
THC3.8%25.4%25.5%
CBDA.6%.3%.3%
CBD0%1%.1%
CBN.4%1%1.4%
Moisture0%0%0%
Total Cannabanoids29.3%30.3%27.4%

Cannabis Trim​

CompoundBefore Decarb30 Min Decarb60 Min Decarb
THCA6.5%2.9%.2%
THC.6%4.8%6.9%
CBDA.2%.2%.1%
CBD0%0%.1%
CBN0%0%0%
Moisture3.4%4.5%0%
Total Cannabanoids7.3%7.9%7.3%
Testing provided by SC Labs

As you can see from the two charts, 30 minutes was not quite enough to completely decarboxylate either the kief or the trim. At 30 minutes the kief was about 90% decarboxylated but the trim was only about 60% decarboxylated. This difference is likely because the trim had a higher starting moisture content. After 60 minutes however, both keif and trim samples were close enough to 100% decarboxylation for my satisfaction.

So there you have it. 240° F for 60 minutes should be enough to decarboxylate any cannabis with a reasonably low moisture content. For material with higher moisture content, the time can be extended but the temperature should not be increased. If you are concerned about losing organic compounds, lower heat can be used but the time should be extended to compensate.

interesting stuff, here they're suggesting 240f for 60 mins which goes against what the popular chart claims (27 min at 250f)

i'm a bit confused here the info is all over on the internet everyone claims a different temperature... this experiment seems pretty well made... will prob try 240 for 60 min next time

rn i'm making some oil decarbing at 250f for 30min

So there you have it. 240° F for 60 minutes should be enough to decarboxylate any cannabis with a reasonably low moisture content.
That's close to what I use, but because I decarb in a foil pouch, I go 70-90 minutes to allow for the heat to penetrate the foil, and my buds are at 62% RH.

I've never had any THC tested but that 90 mins in foil @ 240ºF completely decarbs my CBD flowers.

Hi mate,
95% of our product gets ate. We decarb at 125°C between 25 and 35 mins, depending on how dry the bud is.
Then we just stick it through the coffee grinder, mix it in with some molten chocolate and pour it into moulds.. no fuss, no mess and nothing wasted. Weve found this is the most efficient way for us
0.2 of a gram of decabed bud per chocolate is enough to get us cruising ..
Btw tried this, i need 0.5g of 23% thc bud to get a decent high, why so much? My tolerance isn't very high rn, 0.2g from a bong will give me a decent high

I decarb in the oven at 110 degrees C for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes at that temp the THC starts to degrade. If you're going to use the decarbed weed in something that'll be cooked at high temps afterwards, lessen the decarb time.
I handle the oven thermostat manually and keep the temp at between 109 - 111 C. To me it's worth spending half an hour sitting by the oven to get perfectly decarboxylated weed.

Best way for me has been to put the weed in plastic cooking oven bags. Like the ones you cook chickens in. I break the buds up after I have put it inside the bag and sealed it to minimise mess and sticky fingers. With the bags I do several strains at ones to save on work. I put a few bags in the oven, but they should be at the same height as the thermometer's probe for accuracy.

I then infuse the oil or butter with the decarbed weed in a double boiler at low temp for 24 hours. I keep the temp as high as possible but always below 80 degrees C. Decarboxylation starts at just above 80 degrees, so keeping it below 80 for the infusion is very important for maximum potency.
I add liquid lecithin, about 2 tablespoons to 400 grams of coconut oil during the infusion. For this amount of oil, about 50 grams of weed is about maximum that will fit in the pot. This will get seriously strong, but if even stronger is wanted I have repeated the infusion a second time. I.e. after soaking the first batch of weed for 24 hours in the oil, I strain and repeat for another 24 hours with a second load of weed in the same oil. Now, this is some potent stuff, though...

tried decarbing at 120c for 27mins and 1 hour. infused in oil and chocolate. 0.5 grams doesn't get me that high, barely a high..... 0.5 smoked would def get me flying.

the weird thing is that 2 weekends ago i made firecrackers with 0.5, same weed. and got blasted..... idk :(((

tried decarbing at 120c for 27mins and 1 hour. infused in oil and chocolate. 0.5 grams doesn't get me that high, barely a high..... 0.5 smoked would def get me flying.

the weird thing is that 2 weekends ago i made firecrackers with 0.5, same weed. and got blasted..... idk :(((

You decarbed it for about 1 hour too long at that temp. Had you stopped at 27 minutes you'd get higher for sure.

tried 20- 30- and 60 minutes, no difference
Have you tried using lecithin? It helps the body to absorb the THC.
I need quite a lot more when eating THC compared to smoking it.

I just read a good article about edibles not getting you high that you might want to read:

Why Don't Edibles Don't Get Me High

Also, in relation to this topic. I often have a difficult time getting high as my tolerance is so high. I recently made 20 cannabis blondies with 40g of cannabis.

For me, I often have to smoke something about half an hour after I eat my edible to kickstart the high. So, you could try that.

It's been suggested to me that taking probiotics will make your digestive system more effective, which in turn should help with your high. I tried this a couple of years ago but don't remember if it helped or not.

I just read a good article about edibles not getting you high that you might want to read:

Why Don't Edibles Don't Get Me High

Also, in relation to this topic. I often have a difficult time getting high as my tolerance is so high. I recently made 20 cannabis blondies with 40g of cannabis.

For me, I often have to smoke something about half an hour after I eat my edible to kickstart the high. So, you could try that.

It's been suggested to me that taking probiotics will make your digestive system more effective, which in turn should help with your high. I tried this a couple of years ago but don't remember if it helped or no

probiotics? def have a lot of those ahha, i consume fuck ton of dairy products.

the thing is tho, i did get blased off 0.5 edibles a few times... maybe it has something to do with how i ate them... remember having greasy eggs last time and got really high. then again i always consume fats before taking edibles

(also tried empty stomach)

What's the most efficient way to make etable so that none of the thc is wasted? Im guessing oil extracts?

What recepie should i follow?

What if i just decarb the weed and mix it with oil without boiling it and straining it?

(I wanna avoid the straining part, i feel like im wasting some of the therapens, and i dont mind the taste...)
Hi! Why don’t you try making gummies or hard candies out of THC? I have here some recipes for you to follow.

Ingredients and equipment needed:
* sugar, water, corn syrup, and a cannabis tincture.
* candy molds or baking tray and a candy thermometer

Step-by-step instruction:
1. Mix the sugar, syrup, and water in a medium saucepan.
2. Once it starts to boil, slowly whisk the mixture until it reaches a temperature of 250F.
3. You must stop stirring after it hits 250F and let it cool to about 305F. (This occurs quickly)
4. Remove the mixture from the heat when it reaches about 305F.
5. Add food colouring (optional), flavour extract (optional), and cannabis tincture. Pour it into your candy mould or baking sheet after stirring it up.
6. Before removing the cannabis candy from the mould, let it cool and firm.
7. Cheers to your cannabis candies!

Back
Top Bottom