My 1st grow journal/5fem bb from seed.

Hi and thank you Dr.215 but due to circumstances i cant train them how i wanted so will just train them around there pots then go 12/12 :smokin:
best regards...creamm :peace:

Great job on the training them into Horizontal / Vertical climbers> I tend to use this method outdoors long season as not to attract such attention with 6-8 foot tall ones rather than having them train along the ground, I also top and use horizontal wire hold downs to increase inside development> usually the buds are all the way from the ground to the top>
I did have a strain given to me last year that had small sections coming off the fan leaves that turned into small tight buds> I have not seen that since your pics>

small sections coming off the fan leaves that turned into small tight buds

I would love to see this, got any pics?

Unfortunately no pics on this Dr. I recently purchased a new Cannon Rebel eos xsi and learning the how to part of things. I just started to post some pictures the other day, to see what I can do better to re size and also focus in items better. The plants were grown actually from Sensi Seed Sweet Skunk # 1, and only 1 female came out like that. I have saved the pollen from the male, and have a new x strain of Sweet Tooth X Sweet Skuml # 1 coming up. Maybe it will come out in this.

Well a few days have passed,and my other grow is up and down but i think ive got them thrips under control for now,the bad news is i have them on my blueberry in this grow but i caught them early and have allready introduced pred mites so hopefully that coupled with spraying the adults should keep it under control but its going to be a constant battle im afraid.So i took the plunge and put the 5 blueberry on 12/12,Im afraid ive only took two picy's just after i trained them :smokin:
00728.JPG

00832.JPG

best regards...creamm..aka..thrip hunter general :rofl:

THRIP INFESTATION - WHAT IT IS:
From Growco Garden Supply

The bug is most likely called "thrips", and it's a new variety in the U.S. Just like our new ladybugs, and the Japanese Beetles, we're basically getting new bugs from all over the world, and these little thrips are probably as bad or even worse than spidermites for indoor gardeners! The good news is that it should be an easy fix.

THRIP FACTS:

Thrips go through three stages of life.

1. The first is in the soil as little worms (larvae) eating the roots. They can't be killed by sprays at this stage because they're sheltered deep in the soil.

2. The second stage of a thrips life cycle is as a fast crawling bug that is so tiny (1/16" to 1/8" long) they're almost impossible to see. They look kind of like a miniture silverfish at this stage, and they suck the juice out of the bottoms of the leaves, and the newest most delicate growth on the plant, including the flowers and fruits. Sprays aren't very effective on them at this stage due to the fact that the thrips can hide in that new growth at the top of the plant.

3. The last stage of the thrips life is as a flying insect. They look almost exactly like a fungus gnat and they're the same little guys that are buzzing around your head outside in the summer. They don't do any real damage at this stage, but they lay new eggs, perpetuating the problem.

SUCCESSFUL TREATEMENTS:

1. Our first fix uses "Mosquito Dunks". They're made for standing water situations, and are a bacterial inoculant. They're perfect for eliminating thrips because this particular bacteria eats anything in a larval stage, so by soaking a dunk in water, then using that water to thoroughly water your plants, with just a few applications you can rid yourself of the thrips.

The dunks are held together with a paper fiber that won't break down, so you'd probably want to put a dunk or two into a nylon sock, then soak that in water for several days to allow the bacteria to come to life before using about half of that water to water your plants. Then you can fill the bucket back up with water (leaving the same dunks in the water), and start a cycle of doing this to water your plants. It may take a couple weeks, but you'll eventually win. Replace the Mosquito Dunk in your soak about every 30 days.

If you're gardening using hydroponics, place an appropriate portion of a Mosquito Dunk into a nylon sock (helps prevent solid debris) and drop into the reservoir. If your infestation is overwhelming, after 24 hours, knead the Dunk slightly to help intensify bacteria saturation - this will shorten the lifespan of the Dunk, but make it more concentrated. Find Mosquito Dunks here

2. NEW! In addition to the use of Mosquito Dunks to control thrips, we've found a new and more effective way to keep these little buggers under wraps. This new product is called Monterey Garden Spray which is a harmless OMRI-listed bacterial product like the mosquito dunks.

Monterey Garden Spray is used as a foliar spray to kill the eggs which are laid on the bottoms of leaves and on the stems. With only one or two applications of the foliar spray you can virtually eliminate your active thrip infestation.

With the continued use of the mosquito dunks for a short period, you can keep the problem from repeating itself. Find Monterey Garden Spray here

Monterey Garden Spray is for spraying the plant, and is not intended for a root soak or in hydroponics systems reservoirs. Use Mosquito Dunks for the hydroponics reservoir (in a nylon), or to be watered into soil.

SPEED UP THE PROCESS:

Use Blue Sticky Traps along with either method for an effective way to help control thrips (or many other pests) as every adult insect that gets caught, can't lay eggs! They are also a great indicator of new insect infiltrations, so keep one up at all times.

I hope this helps, as your plants are coming along nicely.

Hi all, Ive not been on for a good while due to some problems so heres a few picys so ya can see how the plants are comeing along,there no longer being trained as i had to change my plan but the 5 plants have opened up nicely so im happy :grinjoint:
00438.JPG

00346.JPG

best regards..creamm :peace:

They are really shooting up! Great work hope the garden is bug free.

yea im growing four plants in a 2ft by 2ft by 3 feet grow box i have two questions . one i have a fan and was woundering should i use it as an intake fan or and outtake fan i do not know which one is more important. second question is for growing only for plants whats the least amount of light that i can get away with i am willing to change light fixtures for the flowering period but what should i use now for four plants in the veg stage ?????

Sorry for no updates but i just havent had the time recently,so tomorrow ill get some picys and stuff up for yas all.

Hi all and sorry about the lacking updates but ive had and still have a lot on my plate at the moment so ill just post when i get chance.So here's a few pictures for yas,these are aprox 4-5 weeks till there finished now :popcorn:
01219.JPG

01120.JPG

and last but not least a close up ......:smokin:
01512.JPG

Back
Top Bottom