1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

Finally caught up, again. I do not like the new layout of the site and i had to e-mail them to find out where everything was. Took me ages of clicking here and there to find stuff, especially the journals. I found it very confusing so am glad you found it easy ginga. As the old saying goes if aint broke dont fix it. Tweaks could have been made to make the site better but i much prefer the old version but given time i will get used to the new layout.

Glad to see you have flipped and all new growth looks good. If they stretch too much and look like they will hit the lights then you can super crop them. That involves pinching the stem you want to crop between your thumb and forefinger amd bend it till you feel it snap. Will take a couple of days or so to heal bit it will make that branch grow at a right angle and will prevent it from hitting your main light. Looking at the pics of your cfl's that you have you could actually place them closer to the plants than you have. Cfl's can be as close as a couple of inches away from the plants/buds. Any sign of light burn (unlikely) then move a bit further away.

Look forward to seeing your progress over the next 8 weeks or so. Do you have a jeweller's loupe or a pocket microscope? Will be handy for telling you when to harvest. You can get a pocket microscope from maplin electronics (et enoch square in glasgow) for less than £10 or a loupe you can order online. Best get 1 sooner rather than later. Hopefully catch you soon for a coffee.

Finally caught up, again. I do not like the new layout of the site and i had to e-mail them to find out where everything was. Took me ages of clicking here and there to find stuff, especially the journals. I found it very confusing so am glad you found it easy ginga. As the old saying goes if aint broke dont fix it. Tweaks could have been made to make the site better but i much prefer the old version but given time i will get used to the new layout.

Dear Glasgrow, the old site WAS broken. The previous developer stopped providing support to 420 mag and all of couldn't upload pictures to the site. This is a dirty business practice in my eyes, and 420 mag was left with more questions than answers. Their hand was forced to seek another website layout because all of us loyal posters could not post.

Well 420 mag wasn't about to say, tough luck to us, so they made an executive decision to convert this massive hub of networking and pictoral journals into something that is up to date 2018. So in fact, the whole situation broke, and they made a decision to keep us all together by giving us another platform to have fun and learn from.

If you take the time to really look around there are more features that is time-saving and progressive. I'm sorry if you are feeling negative about this, I just wanted to explain the facts, because I came here to post a message of positivity about the website changes. If you continue to have issues, please use Ninja and myself as a resource to catch up.

I'd just like to remind you this is a FREE site and we are all here because Rob brought us together. So honestly, if you could be a little more patient and flexible, I know this site will help everyone down the road. Please give it a chance and think twice about posting a message that doesn't contain gratitude, not even between the lines.

That's all, this is our new home, we have to customize it that way we want. Like many relationships there is work involved, can you please make this work and post a message of positivity. Thank you kindly, Lady G

--------------------

Dear Brainiacs, If you haven't noticed by now, 420 mag web site has changed. Some are happy like me because it's more accessible to me, some are upset that change has occurred. May I make this transition easier for you?

I am doing my best visiting journals to help out. If anyone subscribed here has issues, please contact me directly or post a question in your journal this way. @Grow2HealMe - Please help me

I absolutely care about your experience here enough to reach out and say, can I help you catch up in any way.

If you are as grateful about the website as I am - please visit this link and vote "Love it" and let us know you are going with the flow. Any positive feedback on your experience will balance this project immensely while the tech fixes are still in motion.

Brand New Forums & Gallery

I just want to let everyone know, that this site is going to be better than ever, and it's going to be just as special as it was before. Thank you for your loyalty and willingness to adapt, in return I offer you my help in any capacity.

Lady G:Namaste:

Hi everyone, I’m trying to catch up here too, it’s been a crazy hectic week with my youngest daughter’s 4th birthday yesterday.

I will get there soon, in the meantime I want to show you all how much Finola is adapting to the techniques that I’m using.

She is now named Tripod lol

Glad to see you have flipped and all new growth looks good. If they stretch too much and look like they will hit the lights then you can super crop them. That involves pinching the stem you want to crop between your thumb and forefinger amd bend it till you feel it snap. Will take a couple of days or so to heal bit it will make that branch grow at a right angle and will prevent it from hitting your main light. Looking at the pics of your cfl's that you have you could actually place them closer to the plants than you have. Cfl's can be as close as a couple of inches away from the plants/buds. Any sign of light burn (unlikely) then move a bit further away.
Look forward to seeing your progress over the next 8 weeks or so. Do you have a jeweller's loupe or a pocket microscope? Will be handy for telling you when to harvest. You can get a pocket microscope from maplin electronics (et enoch square in glasgow) for less than £10 or a loupe you can order online. Best get 1 sooner rather than later. Hopefully catch you soon for a coffee.

Don’t worry bud, you will get there with it, the old desktop view before was really a challenge for me but the new mobile view is much better for me.

G2HM has posted a good link to troubleshoot and make suggestions to the developers for further tweaking bud.

The Finola got super cropped to keep a level ish canopy, she was even lower than horizontal but look how she’s growing back up to the light. I’m totally amazed by these plants Glasgrow :D

Ive got a loupe attachment for my phones camera coming from China as we speak Glasgrow, I’m looking forward to getting some lovely close up shots for us all to enjoy.

I promise I will get this coffee organised Glasgrow, I’ll reply back to your WhatsApp message later today:D:Namaste::yummy:

That Finola is looking stunning, all the right shades of green, hope it's been a day of pleasant surprises and happiness and a Happy Birthday for yesterday...:Namaste:

Thank you Smeegol, I’m very happy with how my ladies are growing and loving learning from them.

My wee girl had a great day too, now to get ready for my son’s birthday next week.

:D:yummy::Namaste:

That Finola is looking stunning, all the right shades of green, hope it's been a day of pleasant surprises and happiness and a Happy Birthday for yesterday...:Namaste:

Thank you Smeegol, I’m very happy with how my ladies are growing and loving learning from them.

My wee girl had a great day too, now to get ready for my son’s birthday next week.

:D:yummy::Namaste:

Loupe attachment for you phone? Is that like a macro lens which allows close up shots of your buds? That would be pretty cool.

Once you get some pics up of those we can let you know when to harvest. As you have different strains then they will likely to be ready at different times which could get a little confusing for you. Alternatively you could harvest all at the same time which would make things a little easier.

If you are looking for optimum results then keep a wee diary with your grow so you know what is what. The reason for this is when you start to flush your plants and is done around 10-14 days before you harvest you wont lose track of when you started to flush 1 strain while still feeding another. Personally when i grow i harvest all at the same time so it saves me having to mess around with keeping track of things. I grow outdoors anyway so i dont get much of a chance to flush my plants and would rather harvest in 1 go rather than making extra trips. Harvesting gets done before lights go on or in my case sunrise and seen as i am not a morning person i only want to get up at 6am or so on 1 day rather than different days to get my crop.

These are things that you will learn as you grow more and more.

Okay then, looks like the seasons have reversed to mid winter here.

We’ve got temps of -4 Celsius and a shit load of snow has and continues to fall.

The kids are loving it as the schools have closed and they are having a great time :yahoo:

Temps in the tent are a battle to keep up but there’s nothing too drastic happening in terms of temperature fluctuations :thumb:

Here’s the update from today folks

Looking good my friend.

The weather has been a pain in the arse recently. Got called yesterday and today and told not to come into work but i also found out as it was a red weather warning that i still get paid for my shifts, result, but i do need to go in tomorrow morning. Will see how that goes. Only a 4 hour shift but i do need to cycle there and back so hoping that the journey isnt too difficult.

Have heard that there is a storm heading northwards along with the "beast from the east" so they could meet together up this way and cause more havoc. At least the temps arent wreaking too much havoc with your grow ninja and a few days of temps being a bit on the low side wont cause any major problems and you have a heater in there so it will help stabilise things a bit. These plants are resiliant to a lot of things and i had plants on my balcony doing quite well in temps as low as 5°C. Keep up the good work.

Sorry for being off forum for so long folks, it’s been a very busy couple weeks and I’ve been struggling to balance everything.

The temps here are rising and the snow is all gone now so it’s back to finding the sweet spot environmentally in the tent.

I wasn’t very well yesterday and didn’t get up to the loft to make an adjustment and temps got too high I think.

The lights were also too close as the ladies are all stretching too.
I think this is why the leaves are curling down.

Heater has been adjusted and the Vipraspectar is back at 18” from the tops.

And I would like to show you all a gift I received all the way from across the Atlantic Ocean from one of my Guardian Angels.

I am completely humbled by the kindness, generosity and love shown by the members here on 420 magazine.

Pay it forward everyone :thanks::hug:
:Namaste:

I love that fiola. It is similar in appearance to the CBD Crew Therapy that I grew. Very wispy! Looking good. It does not look like they suffered much to me! :high-five:
Cheers!
LG

Plants look ok. Curled leaves could be a result of too high temps but i doubt it. Have you got a couple of fans in there circulating the air inside the tent? Also curled leaves could be down to lack of water. I wouldnt worry about things too much, just keep doing what you are doing.

Well then, turns out I’m going to be learning a little bit more on my first grow than what I thought.

White Widow is a male. We have pollen sacks all over the plant.

I don’t mind at all, we have taken him this far and he seems to be a good specimen that recovers well so let’s let him finish and collect some pollen.

Then I will cross each of my ladies on one of their lower buds to see if we can produce some nice seeds and chemovars

So it’s down to 3 ladies in the tent and White Widow will have to make do outside the tent with his own CFL & corn cob led. The temps will be an issue for him but let’s see how he does.

Girls are looking fantastic, that male is short and stocky for a male plant it will be perfect for breeding. Rub the stock with with your fingers and see what kind of aroma he will bring to the table.

Back
Top Bottom