1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

Girls are looking fantastic, that male is short and stocky for a male plant it will be perfect for breeding. Rub the stock with with your fingers and see what kind of aroma he will bring to the table.
Thanks Pennywise, I’m really pleased with how they are all doing, I think I’ve got a few big colas coming my way with the defoliation letting all that light in :yummy:

He’s been smelling fantastic for a few weeks already PW, I will try to give a better description of aromas later after I pay them a visit.
:)

I must have missed something. You got a male? Which 1 is that? Be careful that the sacs dont break open and pollinate your girls. Once the male is ready to shed its pollen put a bag over it and carefully remove from the grow room. Put a sheet of paper under the male in a different room and carefully remove the branches and knock them onto the paper releasing the pollen. Once you are done the fold the sheets of paper and put the pollen into a wee jar and store in the freezer. Discard the male plant and then put your clothes into the machine and have a shower to make sure no rogue pollen gets in your grow room. Pollen should last for quite some time.

I must have missed something. You got a male? Which 1 is that? Be careful that the sacs dont break open and pollinate your girls. Once the male is ready to shed its pollen put a bag over it and carefully remove from the grow room. Put a sheet of paper under the male in a different room and carefully remove the branches and knock them onto the paper releasing the pollen. Once you are done the fold the sheets of paper and put the pollen into a wee jar and store in the freezer. Discard the male plant and then put your clothes into the machine and have a shower to make sure no rogue pollen gets in your grow room. Pollen should last for quite some time.
What about using the greens for smoothies? Might as well use the whole plant if you can.

It will be pretty cool to see what he passes on to his offspring.
It’s going to be fun for sure.

I think we will be able to see the genetic traits the most in the Finola cross, Finola has the subtlest aromas of the 4 plants.

White Widow has a musky, pine aroma and a very small bit of sharp freshness which may be limonene in the profile.

It would be great to have home analysis equipment, I’m sure someone is inventing this as we speak.

How long does it take for the male pollen sacks to mature Pennywise?

All the ladies are throwing out nice white pistols.
:yummy:

Yeh Glasgrow, it’s the White Widow.

It’s cool, I’m looking forward to this wee bit of breeding learning here.

I’ve got the perfect clear plastic bag from a new carpet last year I kept in the shed. I knew it would come in handy.

I’ve got WW outside the tent already with his own light to finish his pollen development.

Once I collect the pollen I’m going to reuse the small containers that my blood sugar monitor test strips come in.
They have a section that has some desiccant sealed inside and that will dry the pollen beautifully, then I’ll store in the freezer.

That’s some great advice again bud

What about using the greens for smoothies? Might as well use the whole plant if you can.
Definitely LadyGaea :D

The 3 pollen branches in the previous pics were removed as they were the lowest on the base of the plant, this will give me the space to tape the bag on to collect the pollen.

The branch heads and leaves have all been added to my mixed trim bag in the freezer.

I came across a great bit of info on male plant cannabinoids which you all may find interesting

Males - not as useless as we think

A quick pic update from today folks

You can add a pk booster product now. Something like pk 13/14 will help and no need for any more N. If you get pk 13/14 just get something cheap, it does the same thing as the more expensive products. Male pollen sacs mature very quickly, once they open by themselves that is them pretty much done. Dont really think you need to add a desicant to it, just put it in a jar and store it for future use. Just remember to fully clean yourself and anything else that could potentially be in both rooms. Rogue pollen is easy to transfer and you could end up accidentlg pollinating some of your buds. Wont be a big problem if you did, just means you will already have some seeds for your next grow :)

Definitely LadyGaea :D

The 3 pollen branches in the previous pics were removed as they were the lowest on the base of the plant, this will give me the space to tape the bag on to collect the pollen.

The branch heads and leaves have all been added to my mixed trim bag in the freezer.

I came across a great bit of info on male plant cannabinoids which you all may find interesting

Males - not as useless as we think
Very cool! Good article! Thanks!

Hey ninja, hope all is well in your green world. I have now taken the second steps to my latest grow (the first was taking soil to the new site around 6 months ago). I now have seeds ordered and my signature is now added at the bottome of this post. I hope you don't mind me letting you know and look forward to hearing from you and anyone else that wants to tag along.

Maybe one day in my dreams I can have this size of attic space for only the green Danny.

I will need to control the sweet smell unfortunately as my neighbours have converted their attic space for bedrooms and there isn't a completely sealed divide between the 2 attics yet.
That is on my project list to do the same with mine but 1st things 1st lol.

1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain
Hey man hope you don't mind joining in but I'm running cfl and low budget setupl but just have to do it right.. I'm growing in a 2x2x4 grow tent wish I knew how to post pics and show you my setup.. but the pic in my avatar is my currwent grow from today

OH WOW......... Like did all this just happen like how....??? mightly impressed there Mr Ninja, you have outdone yourself up till this point, just a lil more loving and you'll be smiling like a champ. Hope you are bouncing off the walls with youthful abundance, got lost in my own little world and realized I hadn't been over in a long time....:green_heart::Namaste:

Hi everyone.

Sorry it’s been a while and I haven’t been very sharp at getting to your reply’s.

You all know how my days can go sometimes.

Lots to catch you all up on in my garden.

I’ve had to learn a major lesson in not making big grow decisions when my brain is not functioning very well.

I was certain that I could see pollen on the inside of White Widow’s clear bag, but, instead of checking the plant first, I chopped him :oops:.

Let’s just say that I will definitely NOT be making that mistake again.

So the majority of the pollen sacks were not fully developed so pretty useless I think.

I do have another 8 seeds of regular White Widow so odds are I will get another male soon :)

Ok, time for some pretty pics for you all

Back
Top Bottom