1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

@LadyGaea @Grow2HealMe @Glasgrow i had a wee go with some pollination on Thursday :thumb:

I’m not sure if it’s past Finola’s prime pollination period but we can only keep the fingers crossed and wait to see what happens.

I used a cotton bud (cue tip) to try to transfer pollen to 1 lower bud site on each plant and marked the branch with some white tape so I can leave it on a bit longer after harvest to let the seeds mature.

This is so much fun :yahoo::ganjamon:

Plant look really happy (except finola), especially considering this is your 1st grow and considering how many strains you have running. Finola Hemp leaf claw looks like overwatering/compacted soil to me. Med Mass may also have just a touch of curl but doesn't seem to be causing any problems.

Great job!:bravo:

@LadyGaea @Grow2HealMe @Glasgrow i had a wee go with some pollination on Thursday :thumb:

I’m not sure if it’s past Finola’s prime pollination period but we can only keep the fingers crossed and wait to see what happens.

I used a cotton bud (cue tip) to try to transfer pollen to 1 lower bud site on each plant and marked the branch with some white tape so I can leave it on a bit longer after harvest to let the seeds mature.

This is so much fun :yahoo::ganjamon:
Oh yay!!! What fun!:yahoo: And back at ya! :hug::hug::love::hug::hug: LG

Plant look really happy (except finola), especially considering this is your 1st grow and considering how many strains you have running. Finola Hemp leaf claw looks like overwatering/compacted soil to me. Med Mass may also have just a touch of curl but doesn't seem to be causing any problems.

Hey there G... yeah sumptin up with Finola.. the brown spots are not a good sign. Check the pot - see if you can lift it and compare weight to another one in the same size container.

How long are you running your ACT and whats your inputs?

When I get a plant like that its usually toast.. sorry! There's something wrong with the roots on that one. Likely she's not drinking all the water like the rest of the girls cause her root ball is too small. A lot of AUTOs don't really develop a large root ball so you want to adjust watering and not give them as much as often.

Everyone else looks great! Lots of green. Go organic...

I wouldn't stress lamp height.. my plants grow right up into them and only burn when about 3" away. So they can take high intensity LED for sure. Heat is another thing tho.

So yeah sub'd .. seems to be a few Scotchman around these parts...

My mom was a Campbell and a Halowell (Welsh)... don't hate me! :Namaste:

Thank you so much KR, I’ve been trying to let the plants tell me when they need watering but I’ve maybe overdone Finola, in fact I did.

I had some left over oxygenated water from the other 2 and gave it to Finola. Ok then, that’s another learning moment for me :)

Hey there G... yeah sumptin up with Finola.. the brown spots are not a good sign. Check the pot - see if you can lift it and compare weight to another one in the same size container.

How long are you running your ACT and whats your inputs?

When I get a plant like that its usually toast.. sorry! There's something wrong with the roots on that one. Likely she's not drinking all the water like the rest of the girls cause her root ball is too small. A lot of AUTOs don't really develop a large root ball so you want to adjust watering and not give them as much as often.

Everyone else looks great! Lots of green. Go organic...

I wouldn't stress lamp height.. my plants grow right up into them and only burn when about 3" away. So they can take high intensity LED for sure. Heat is another thing tho.

So yeah sub'd .. seems to be a few Scotchman around these parts...

My mom was a Campbell and a Halowell (Welsh)... don't hate me! :Namaste:

Hi Bob, thank you so much for joining me on my journey.

The Finola is only in a tiny 6” pot, just over a quarter gallon.
She was started as an experiment as I have shit loads of these seeds that I eat 2 tablespoons of every morning with my breakfast.

The ACT that I’ve been using has usually been bubbled for 48 hours and is a mesh bag with the leftover soil that all my plants are growing in.
Coco coir, earth worm castings, perlite, volcanic rock dust, gypsum, mycorrhizae fungi, blood fish & bone meal, chitin crab meal.

I have a local shop that sells brewing supplies so I’m going to pick up some malted barley tomorrow and run some ACT (Aerated Compost Tea) with that and EWC (Earth Worm Castings). Would that be a better tea Bob?

My girl Finola is a very tough plant, do you think she might make it if I don’t water for a good while and see what she does?
She’s only got about another 15-20 days or so to go I think, so close :)

You should come visit Scotland Bob, it’s a beautiful country.
We do love our cannabis here, just a pity about the weather but that’s why greenhouses were invented lol.

Can’t wait to help make Scotland a major player in the medical cannabis movement
:yummy:

The Scots and Welsh have always been great friends bud so no worries there :rollit:

:laugh: I’ll try that reply again then.

Thank you so much for being here for me through all of this adventure my soul sist @Grow2HealMe
You have enriched my life in so many ways :thanks:

We are both on a bit of a slow down but hopefully our energy will increase with the spring season.

More sunshine, more growth, more love n more laughter :hug::love::hug:

We can catch up this week my soul sista, passing one to you :passitleft:

*Yes we have slowed down haven't we, it seems we are connected in so many ways. Ironic how we go through very similar things at the same time. I will gear up again, let's just take the rest we need, then we'll get back to kickin' some major brain butt. hahahaha.

* I'll bounce back and hopefully have enough words to get back to our "stuff." :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

*My best to your wonderfully understanding family who supports your vision and makes it even possible for you to reply here to us.

*In the meantime, this summer is gonna be huge, and I will rest until May and then we can start more experiments. Until then, it's EASY being GREEN.

:passitleft::love::Namaste:

In relation to your finola hemp let it go almost bone dry. Stick a finger in the soil about an inch deep, if it still moist then leave it. If it really dry then give it a watering. You have made a noob mistake of giving too much water and it happens. You will get something from it but it wont be at its full potential. As the old saying goes "less is more" and that is very true when growing cannabis. If you underwater then you can give the plant more and i have seen plants stand up to attention in front of my eyes after giving them a water if they had dried out (happened when my pump failed in hydro when i was away a couple of days and all my plants were limp but stood up once i reconnected the pump). If you over water you cannot take it back out other than hope for the best.

Hi Bob, thank you so much for joining me on my journey.

I have a local shop that sells brewing supplies so I’m going to pick up some malted barley tomorrow and run some ACT (Aerated Compost Tea) with that and EWC (Earth Worm Castings). Would that be a better tea Bob?

You should come visit Scotland Bob, it’s a beautiful country.
We do love our cannabis here, just a pity about the weather but that’s why greenhouses were invented lol.

Can’t wait to help make Scotland a major player in the medical cannabis movement
:yummy:

The Scots and Welsh have always been great friends bud so no worries there :rollit:

All good just the Campbell name has gotten me cursed by a Scottish lady that her family got sent to Australia when it was a penal colony and apparently is was all my fault once she herd I had Campbell blood in me! An otherwise very well manured polite kind person... turned into a cursing bitch at me!
I'm like "WTF did I do?"

hahahahahahaha Go back to your penis colony u tard! (was thinking it but didn't say it).

All good.. I'll be heading over that way next year if all goes well.

On the Malted Barley... just grind it up to a fine powder. Get the un-groud if they have it .. they usually will and they will offer to grind it for you. Decline if you can.. if it's already cracked its ok ... just as you use it grind a ounce to a fine powder and top dress.. don't put it in your tea. It will start to ferment in 12-24 hrs and that's not what we want. So you can just put a few tbs of the powder on top of the soil. Then water in as you normally wood. Can water in your tea right on top of it.

Can add a cup per 7.5 gal of soil as well... 7.5gal = 1 cubic foot (28+ litres)

If you have questions on my American measurements let me know ... I'll do the math.
I'm not sure how you all do gallons, and ounce is an ounce... but volume might be a 5 quarts instead of 4 over there ... not sure.

KR said:
Spring Flowers, as you wish :)

Dang... KR... I'm jelly.. where r you located (generally speaking), if you dont wanna share all good ... what plant is that?? It's for sure early spring where you are never saw that one! We are just starting to see Forsythia blooming ... barely ... all the flower tips got burnt with frost so very slow going so far.

Nice flower and thanks for sharing. :Namaste:

*Yes we have slowed down haven't we, it seems we are connected in so many ways. Ironic how we go through very similar things at the same time. I will gear up again, let's just take the rest we need, then we'll get back to kickin' some major brain butt. hahahaha.

* I'll bounce back and hopefully have enough words to get back to our "stuff." :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

*My best to your wonderfully understanding family who supports your vision and makes it even possible for you to reply here to us.

*In the meantime, this summer is gonna be huge, and I will rest until May and then we can start more experiments. Until then, it's EASY being GREEN.

:passitleft::love::Namaste:
It’s definitely an adventure my soul sista.

You just rest up as much as you can G2HM, we are in this for the long haul and you know how vital pacing is for us.

Everyone in the ninja camp send you and hubby all of our love n hugs :hug::love::hug::love::hug:

In relation to your finola hemp let it go almost bone dry. Stick a finger in the soil about an inch deep, if it still moist then leave it. If it really dry then give it a watering. You have made a noob mistake of giving too much water and it happens. You will get something from it but it wont be at its full potential. As the old saying goes "less is more" and that is very true when growing cannabis. If you underwater then you can give the plant more and i have seen plants stand up to attention in front of my eyes after giving them a water if they had dried out (happened when my pump failed in hydro when i was away a couple of days and all my plants were limp but stood up once i reconnected the pump). If you over water you cannot take it back out other than hope for the best.
Hi Glasgrow, thanks bud, I’ll definitely do that and see how far she gets.

Might as well try to get everyone across that finish line.

Thanks so much again to all of you amazing 420 family that guide me, we are nearly there folks :ganjamon:

Can’t wait to share a bowl with you Glasgrow

We’re all looking forward to the Spring grow season, it’s been a long hard winter and I for one am ready for Spring flowers!
Me too, trying to make a start on my garden outside too.
Now that a whole lot more learning but great experimentation.

Got the kids planting some giant sunflower seeds this weekend.
They will look gigantic to my wee people :D

All good just the Campbell name has gotten me cursed by a Scottish lady that her family got sent to Australia when it was a penal colony and apparently is was all my fault once she herd I had Campbell blood in me! An otherwise very well manured polite kind person... turned into a cursing bitch at me!
I'm like "WTF did I do?"

hahahahahahaha Go back to your penis colony u tard! (was thinking it but didn't say it).

All good.. I'll be heading over that way next year if all goes well.

On the Malted Barley... just grind it up to a fine powder. Get the un-groud if they have it .. they usually will and they will offer to grind it for you. Decline if you can.. if it's already cracked its ok ... just as you use it grind a ounce to a fine powder and top dress.. don't put it in your tea. It will start to ferment in 12-24 hrs and that's not what we want. So you can just put a few tbs of the powder on top of the soil. Then water in as you normally wood. Can water in your tea right on top of it.

Can add a cup per 7.5 gal of soil as well... 7.5gal = 1 cubic foot (28+ litres)

If you have questions on my American measurements let me know ... I'll do the math.
I'm not sure how you all do gallons, and ounce is an ounce... but volume might be a 5 quarts instead of 4 over there ... not sure.

Dang... KR... I'm jelly.. where r you located (generally speaking), if you dont wanna share all good ... what plant is that?? It's for sure early spring where you are never saw that one! We are just starting to see Forsythia blooming ... barely ... all the flower tips got burnt with frost so very slow going so far.

Nice flower and thanks for sharing. :Namaste:
Wow, that’s full on switch there.
That lady may be a MacDonald, so there’s a long blood feud going back to the Glencoe Massacre of 1692 at the end the Jacobite uprising.
Don’t think you’ll be able to turn that friend round bud.

I’m so glad I read this today because it’s been 24hrs of the malted barley and EWC bubbling. No worries, better caught now.

Just out of interest would it do damage to my outdoor veg and flower beds, I’m not one for wasting if it can be used elsewhere? :D

Thanks bud, I’ll definitely take you up on your gallons conversions.

My brain really struggles with numbers now, that was the strangest and scary experience when I was first asked during an neuro assessment to do a simple sum and I couldn’t do it :oops:.

It’s all good though, just takes a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom