My First Grow 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m Grow Tent 600w HID

DrTentgrow I wish that I could get seeds that easy. If you were in Amsterdam I would like you jam up Franco at Green House Seed's about the Alaskan Ice fiasco. Sorry for the rant love what you got going.:rollit:

Let's all get out to VOTE in the 420 Contest's Here

Pan4

hello I've suspended my extractor fan to the roof of my tent with bungee cords in an attempt to dampen the noise but it hasn't really helped to much to be honest. any way my germinated seeds have been in the soil 2 days now and some have started to sprout.

all9.JPG

unfortunately i think 2 of my plants have been the victims of damping off which i think is due to me over watering them. i have only watered them once and they are now half way through there 3rd day since being potted.

possible_damping_off.jpg

sorry that the picture isn't to good i am using my phone as a camera the little white bit on the right is where i think the damping off is occurring the brown bit on the left is just the seed casing.

Here's a picture of my extractor fan now attached with bungee cords.
DSC00270.JPG

Everything looks good to me. I wouldn't worry about the leaf tips that much it was most likely caused by the seed casing.;)
It's best to judge your watering by using the weight. You'll get the hang of it.

Pan4

man that sucks,, but i almost did the same thing,, like 3 times now,,lol,,i understand how it could be done,,lol

i can only imagine how you feel about it now too,, money down the drain,, fem seeds are costly,, ;),, oh well, don't let it set you back,, get more start again,, with your setup and a little patience your gonna have killer bud no time man,, :yummy:

grow journals over for a little while lots of my plants were very damaged by damping off so i did something really stupid and destroyed them all in temper. the seeding soil i got was totally shit and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone! it held to much water.

Sorry to hear that DrTentgrow. I can understand your frustration just a little longer and you could have transplanted to a better soil mix.

Pan4

Thanks for the sympathy Ive received after losing my £86 worth of white widow fem seeds (10) due to damping off. Ive finally got some more money together and bought the same seeds again. this time i have opted for root riot cubes from what Ive heard they are very good you don't have to water them at first because they are already moist and sealed when you buy them. i am confident things will run smoothly this time as last time i germinated all 10 seeds with no problems and in about 24-30 hours so if i do the same again but with my root riot cubes all should be fine hopefully!

GROW JOURNAL IS BACK ONLINE :)

i was going to wait until i got a decent camera before i started my journal again but im going to make do with the one on my mobile for now. i have 6 white widows that have been above soil for 3weeks+ and 5 power plants that are about 2 weeks behind maybe less simply because i germinated them later. here is some pictures.

All of my baby's together.

ww_and_pp_shot.jpg

Closer picture of the 6 white widows.

all_6_ww_shot.jpg

And another.

6_ww_top_down.jpg

5 power plants.

all_5_pp_shot.jpg

PP and WW.

3pp_6_ww_top_down.jpg

outside of tent shot.

outside_tent_2.jpg

And another.

outside_tent.jpg

apologies for my lack of a decent camera but i thought if i can still make my journal interesting/fun then does it matter and hopefully i will be getting a new camera soon.

i have been on my own up until now so naturally i cant wait for some input from the many helpful experts on this wonderful site! do you think my plants look healthy? Ive fed the white widows with a couple of tea spoons of sea weed meal per plant since taken the pictures and it seems to have turned the lower leaves a darker green im also feeding with rhizotonic to help the roots develop im not going to start feeding them terra vega until they look like they need it because im using canna terra pro plus soil and i dont want nute burn. im assuming its natural for the new leaves to be a slight yellow color .

PH of soil 6.8-6.9 (planning on lowering this a little with next watering)

Temps 18-20c Night 21-26c Day

Humidity 45-60

Oscillating fan speed low (medium just after i have misted)

i will try my best to update my journal once a week. thanks in advance for any input i receive.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh shoot. Plants are looking nice. Glad to see that you are back. I to lost plants. As a matter of fact 5 Ww's and 5 barneys blue cheese died on me. Its a learning lesson especially for us newbies. As we learn we gain more knowlege from other experience growers (cough cough, Mcbud, Stix, stratologic, irie, pan the list goes on). Thats why I like this site, and I will be here to the end. Good luck on your grow. You are on the right tracks this time.

cheers pklayafly im liking the words of encouragement +reps for being being the first person to post since Ive started my journal. i agree Ive gotten over it now and see it as a expensive lesson but now i know i will never get damping off again! its just a bit off putting falling at the first hurdle when so much time and effort went into it but oh well here i am back again and going strong "never give up never give up the fight" Ive already had advice from most of the names you have mentioned they are brilliant people! and i hope they pay attention to my grow (cough cough hint hint :slide:)

Oh i forgot to mention i have bought a few bits since i listed my equipment at the beginning of this journal i bought

EC meter
Soil pH meter (probe type)
Soil pH test kit (for second opinion/back up)
pH test kit (for second opinion/back up)
Moisture meter
200w tank heater (last one broke)
Glass cleaning fluid for cleaning my cool tube

On the shopping list (i get paid soon :) at last)

Mantis pro hood
(im going to take the reflector out of my cool tube leaving just the glass tube and use the mantis pro instead)

mantis_pro_reflector.jpg

Bigger air stone
16 liter pots not sure if my 11 liter pots will be big enough i would be grateful if someone could help me on that one.

Thats all for now

bigger pots it is then. My tent is 2 meters high so i have a fair bit of room i plan on my grow being around 3 months from start to harvest (longer if needed) not to sure how tall i want the plants yet or how long i will veg i will see how things turn out.
yes that mantis is very nice if you look closely at it you will see little notches on the end of the arm that holds the reflector this is so you can adjust the hood to get light exactly where you want it!
it's a little expensive but in the long run worth every single penny.

Thought id put a picture of my reservoir its a 120 liter water butt with a air pump and air stone it has my tank heater in it keeping the nutrient solution at 25c and a 5000 liter/hour submersible water pump with a watering wand attached to it this will make watering easier when the plants get bigger.

water_butt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom