My First Grow 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m Grow Tent 600w HID

Hey bud.. replying to your post in my journal.

Once you get going and get the feel for what your doing your setup will bring great bounty I'm sure of it.

As far as the 1 light for now.. Def. add the CFL's to supplement the sides. Get another 600 HID as soon as you can you will be glad you did, trust me. For now while the plants are smaller just keep them grouped under the light as much as possible and maybe pull the light up a little higher to increase its effective area if need be. Rotate the plants from outer to inner etc each day to give everyone as much even light as possible. I would say get a light bar to move the light but just wait and put the money towards the other light.

LST.. If you want to keep the plants shorter and increases the number of main colas then LST away. I like to start as soon as the plant is about 2-3 inches. It still very flexible and easy to manipulate. I train it out the the edge of the pot then work it around the edge in a spiral fashion. I always end up with 3-4 very nice fat colas and many secondary colas.

Good luck !!

Got those plants group into a square so they all sit under the effective light. cool tubes dont throw much light off the ends more so along the sides of the tube.

GROW JOURNAL IS BACK ONLINE :)

i was going to wait until i got a decent camera before i started my journal again but im going to make do with the one on my mobile for now. i have 6 white widows that have been above soil for 3weeks+ and 5 power plants that are about 2 weeks behind maybe less simply because i germinated them later. here is some pictures.

All of my baby's together.

ww_and_pp_shot.jpg

Closer picture of the 6 white widows.

all_6_ww_shot.jpg

And another.

6_ww_top_down.jpg

5 power plants.

all_5_pp_shot.jpg

PP and WW.

3pp_6_ww_top_down.jpg

outside of tent shot.

outside_tent_2.jpg

And another.

outside_tent.jpg

apologies for my lack of a decent camera but i thought if i can still make my journal interesting/fun then does it matter and hopefully i will be getting a new camera soon.

i have been on my own up until now so naturally i cant wait for some input from the many helpful experts on this wonderful site! do you think my plants look healthy? Ive fed the white widows with a couple of tea spoons of sea weed meal per plant since taken the pictures and it seems to have turned the lower leaves a darker green im also feeding with rhizotonic to help the roots develop im not going to start feeding them terra vega until they look like they need it because im using canna terra pro plus soil and i dont want nute burn. im assuming its natural for the new leaves to be a slight yellow color .

PH of soil 6.8-6.9 (planning on lowering this a little with next watering)

Temps 18-20c Night 21-26c Day

Humidity 45-60

Oscillating fan speed low (medium just after i have misted)

i will try my best to update my journal once a week. thanks in advance for any input i receive.

cheers Mc once again you've proven your self very helpful Ive already put the little pp's in a square like fashion but i haven't put the new pics up yet i will do when im at home. i had them on the outer perimeter because they had just been transplanted and i only wanted a bit of light on them.

I use 11 litre pots mate, they are absolutely fine, but then i use a hydro wilma system, with drippers. and clay pebbles.

you will love the powerplant, i got nearly 6 oz from 2 plants!! that was with co2, also in a grow tent, but a smaller tent than yours, are you gonna use co2? i would definateky recommend it.

also, i have always used the rockwall cubes for the seedlings, with almost perfect results, so i would stick with them, then transplant after about ten days - 2 weeks.

i will keep an eye on this one!

Hello just wondering i have 5 Power Plants that are a few weeks behind my White Widows i don't have a separate area to put the power plants in so they will have to go 12/12 at the same time. what would be the best time to do this? i was thinking as soon as the Power Plants show the first signs of pre flowers and raise the PP's so that the canopy is still even what do you think?

IMAG00092.JPG

i will upload more pictures 2moro when i have the time.

i think my plants look healthy but maybe not as green as they could be i think this is because the available nutrients in the canna terra pro plus soil are running low i haven't fed the plants yet only with sea weed meal and rhizotonic. so i will give them a 1/4 strength dose of canna vega next watering which will be in the next day or so. does this sound OK?

yeah, they will still stretch for 2 weeks after 12/12 anyway, so shouldnt be a problem, you could always top the ww so that the powers can catch up a bit, thats one option

Cheers pan Nice to hear that from you!! im still undecided if i want to just let them grow naturally or lst/top them i was thinking the advantages of letting them grow naturally would be that i could cram more plants in a smaller space rather then having little bush like plants. unless i find the money for a second 600w HID then i will be using my 2X 250w Cfl's alongside my single 600w HID so that would be 11 plants in roughly 1.2m x 1.5m area.

If any one has any suggestions on what would be best to do please don't hesitate to tell me thanks.

Back
Top Bottom