My First Journal: GG#4 In DWC & Soil

Things probably got out of whack and hopefully you’ve got it fixed.
I honestly think it may be something more....just seems like its happening far to fast. Hopefully though with the reset, when lights turn on tomorrow she will have a better look to her.

Only other thing it could be is a root issue.
No smells. A little dark tint from the nutrients. No slim at all. Since I just did the res change this morning and also lowered the EC....I am hoping to see her have an overall better look to her. I am currently using Hydroguard in the res and change the water every 7 days. I also have 2 air lines going in. Added the second one last week but I also turned down the pump just a little as the 2nd line seemed to be a little too strong. I am thinking that since this week it had me use alot less bloom nutes then previous week, when I did that it started a def. with her. Now that I addressed it, with hope she starts drinking and feeding again.

According to the chart you posted ( I was also using that chart as well previous to this ) ....I am static in all departments and I did today what the chart said. I post some pics tomorrow morning when my lights kick on.

Go back to 1 air stone, you can pump to much CO2 into a rez which can actually kill a plant.
Just disconnected the line from the pump too. Thanks! Hopefully we can get her back on track again.

Once you reset your rez with a fresh batch of nutes and your ph is between 5.8-6.2 then it narrows down the possible suspects big time.
If the CO2 is the culprit....should I swap out the res again tomorrow to help get rid of the CO2?

Not quite sure where this comes from, seems like there's some pretty successful results around here with soil and bottle nutes. I'm just a newbie dabbling without spending the bucks on all the gear though so my observations are just observations. Good luck to ya BB!

Good soils can maintain the plant through the growth cycle with only water added. Soil doesn't breathe as well as soilless like Coco or straight promix. If your adding your nutrients from a bottle you would be better off with a soilless medium that allows the roots to breathe better. Good organic soils are very heavy and don't allow very much oxygen to the root zone, that's why wet dry cycles are so important.

It's not to say it can't be done, but why bog down the benefits of a system with the drawbacks of another? Adding bottled nutrients creates salt buildup, in hydro no big deal rinse it out. Soil doesn't like being flushed. Why add that headache? That's my thoughts on it anyways.

So as to not gum up BB's journal with yet another debate im involved with, I'll just say this then defer to the experts. Plain dirt is cheap...a 4 dollar bag of perlite and a 5 dollar bag of soil goes a long way and I don't have to worry about whats not in it. Liquid nutes are cheap, readily available, easy to mix and I can control when they are applied or not applied. I don't need anything but the measuring spoons I stole from the kitchen and I don't have to water every day. And of course, results speak for themselves. CHeers mate!:yahoo:

So around 24 hours after my little problem yesterday....DWC plant has a much better look to her. Going to let this go for another day then add more nutrients. Very possible the extra air stone was the culprit.

I haven't checked this journal in a while, it got lost in my subs! I'll spend my morning smoke reading it. I :love: Bubbles
:passitleft:

I haven't checked this journal in a while, it got lost in my subs! I'll spend my morning smoke reading it. I :love: Bubbles
:passitleft:
Things were running great until a few days ago...seems like I got the problem fixed though. Or at least hope so. She has a better look to her this morning then she did 24 hours ago.

It's not uncommon for nutrient uptake to slow down in plants as they near the end of their life cycle. Pictures of the plant in question help. But you've already done a water change so as long as you've mixed your nutrients properly you're good to go.

I think it's easier to correct in hydro than soil. Change the water and start over. You can't really swap all the soil out of a container the way you can with hydro.

But a good soil grow should be water only, if your using bottled nutrients in dirt why bother?
I agree. I would add that soil however can be fed and forgotten until dry, and with big pots it can take a while. Hydro has bigger yields and is simpler to master but definitely takes twice the effort IMO :passitleft:
I feel like I should always be near the rez checking ph and EC/PPM

I feel like I should always be near the rez checking ph and EC/PPM

Wanna know a secret? I rarely check mine. K.I.S.S. love me some Dyna-Gro lol
So as to not gum up BB's journal with yet another debate im involved with, I'll just say this then defer to the experts. Plain dirt is cheap...a 4 dollar bag of perlite and a 5 dollar bag of soil goes a long way and I don't have to worry about whats not in it. Liquid nutes are cheap, readily available, easy to mix and I can control when they are applied or not applied. I don't need anything but the measuring spoons I stole from the kitchen and I don't have to water every day. And of course, results speak for themselves. CHeers mate!:yahoo:

You don't get the last word in a debate as you're backing out the door. :rofl:

You're kind of making my case for me without realizing it. My point is with those same bottled nutrients and a better performing medium the results would be better. The cheap field soil is actually harder for your plants to grow in than Coco or perlite and you're already using the bottled nutrients that everyone uses soil to get away from anyways.

For $30 of Coco you can grow over two lbs of buds. The cost of the medium is cheap, perlite is the cheapest medium by volume you can buy, literally cheaper than dirt and obviously reusable. I just buy new stuff Everytime, I'm poor and even I consider it cheap.

Wanna know a secret? I rarely check mine. K.I.S.S. love me some Dyna-Gro lol

You don't get the last word in a debate as you're backing out the door. :rofl:

You're kind of making my case for me without realizing it. My point is with those same bottled nutrients and a better performing medium the results would be better. The cheap field soil is actually harder for your plants to grow in than Coco or perlite and you're already using the bottled nutrients that everyone uses soil to get away from anyways.

For $30 of Coco you can grow over two lbs of buds. The cost of the medium is cheap, perlite is the cheapest medium by volume you can buy, literally cheaper than dirt and obviously reusable. I just buy new stuff Everytime, I'm poor and even I consider it cheap.
Does Coco tend to grow faster than soil?

Does Coco tend to grow faster than soil?

Yeah, there's not much debate on that. Soil growers cling to claiming taste is superior but it's not a guarantee everyone's smoked shitty bud before

Back
Top Bottom