My Grow Journal Journal - Not A Typo

everything seems to be on the up. sucks about the bugs. but hopefully you have learned a few tricks for next time. environment is key. one tip in coco is that its almost impossible to over water it. it will only hold so much moisture. that being said means you are able to water more frequently.

Page 5
51290.JPG

Christmas came early this year. The 300w draw full spectrum COB LED arrived today. It was a cheap thing but appears to be fairly powerful for the $150 price tag. Also running the 2 125watt 6500k CFL's. The grow area is super bright. I placed the new light 24" above the canopy for now but will probably move it down 4 inches tomorrow and another 4 inches midweek.

Fiona is looking great, very healthy. She grew an inch over night and her main branches, 11 total have been trained down to the edge of her bucket. She is still about 8 inches in height but probably closer to 14" with the bend. Ill just let her grow up from here as I am happy with her interior bud sites.

Mulva is doing great. Shes going to be a shorty, less than an inch tall and her tri-leaves are getting larger. I probably wont top her, I hear things about topping autos, but will LST the hell out of her when she has 4 or 5 nodes.

On the next page I will attempt an illustration of my 4 gallon tank CO2 generator.

Page 6
61127.JPG

Reality
IMG_052948.JPG

I have a bunch of photos today. I was excited because I think this was the point where I decided I was going to stop reading these forums and start posting.

Here is the new light
IMG_050942.JPG

Group shot
IMG_051052.JPG

Mulva top with a little perlite dust
IMG_052151.JPG

Mulva side
IMG_052336.JPG

Fiona top
IMG_053240.JPG

Fiona side
IMG_054747.JPG

Up close of Fionas Buds
IMG_053150.JPG

Page 7
7936.JPG

Transcript
12/6
Its been really nice watching how my plants are changing over the course of their life. Dont get me wrong, things havent been all gravy but learning has always been my passion.

Been battling the dry winter air 77% RH outside but 29%RH indoors my furnace has been working hard. Ive been misting the gals a couple of times a day but they are drinking a lot more. I was worried about nute buildup so I flushed 4 gallons through Fiona. She was schedules to move on to the final nute strength today anyways.

Speaking of Fiona, she is a beaut! New flowers popping out of her center stems, I counted 18 tops this morning. Granted, some of them will be smaller buds but im not picky. Some of her pistils are turning orange and her new growth is covered with trichomes. Her smell is getting stronger today, I might have to turn the destinkerator up, its currently on the lowest setting.

Mulva is doing well. Shes a little tea pot short and stout!

Page 8
8786.JPG

Transcript
12/7

Well I have been battling phantom RH problems for the past few days. The thermometer RH device is on the fritz. Yesterday outdoor RH was 77% and today it was 56% but my meter has been reading in the 20's.

I realized this when I walked into my grow space and it felt like a jungle. Its my own fault I got the meter wet and the display hasnt been working the same since. It sort of fades in and out. I believe the temps are working fine just not the RH. Time to get a new one, the girls shouldnt have to suffer due to my incompetence.

Speaking of the girls they look great. Fiona had photos taken yesterday for the bonsai thread on 420 mag. She is only 5 1/2 inches tall. No responses yet but she will knock em dead.

Fed Mulva her first day of seedling nutes per the FF schedule, its day 10 for her. Not very tall but I think she is working hard beneath the coco coir. Going to work on transplanting this afternoon but probably wont do it until tomorrow.

Page 9

9561.JPG

Transcript

Yesterday I prepared Mulvas final home then made a hole where I placed her solo cup. Much to my surprise when I lifted her out of the hole, she has a very long root protruding from a very tiny drainage hole I drilled near the bottom of the cup. Since she decided that she was not going to be confined to such tight quarters, I figured I would transplant her into a larger home. I very carefully cut a slit in the drainage hole she was popping out of to the top of the cup and along the bottom of the cup. Then I lovingly embraced her in my hands, flipped her upside down, then gently extracted her. She was by no means root bound but did have dozens of roots cascading down the edges of the cup. I then placed her in the hole, brushed some coco on top, patted it down, then watered with 1/2 strength micro nutes and 1/2 strength veg. nutes. On Monday I will challenge her to take the week 1 nute schedule.

Another successful transplant COMPLETE

I was lazy and didnt take pictures the day of the transplant but here are some photos a few days after 12/11.

Groups shot
IMG_060851.JPG

Mulva, happy after the transplant
IMG_060747.JPG

Fiona
IMG_060949.JPG

Fiona Upskirt
IMG_061143.JPG

Page 10 and 11

10683.JPG

121097.JPG

Transcript
Well I've gone and done it... took a small sample off Fiona the other day from her under carriage. Quick dried it with some sugar leaves. She got me high, I could feel a tingle in my limbs and wanted to run around the house cleaning. I refrained from doing that and just layed in bed feeling very uplifted enjoying the fruits of my labor. Only lasted a couple of hours, but definitely slept well.

I woke up this morning to a very dank smelling Fiona. I have a good palate when it comes to foods and wines but haven't developed the finely honed sense of smell for weed. So I closed my eyes and asked myself "What does this smell remind me of?" I immediately was transported to a dense pine forest as you would see in Northern Arizona, a place I've lived near in my adolescence. My girl is a bag seed so Ill be interested to locate different scents in known strains.

Fiona's buds are definitely bigger today with tons of trichomes. I was able to get a photo of these trichomes by getting a well focused picture, zooming in and cropping the image. One of the benefits of having a really nice camera I guess. I was thinking I would have to buy one of those USB microscopes but no need.

Mulva is chugging along. I started LST today and withing a few hours had turned back up with at least a 1/4 inch of growth past the wire.

<insert poorly drawn illustration>

I am cool with this, very cool with it. The data from the strain info says that blue kush is known to gain some height. I really would like to try other training methods, super cropping. Not sure if I will have to with multiple colas.

Peace Out!

page 12
111263.JPG

Transcript
A few days ago I got my Black Friday order of seeds. So of course I had to drop 2 more seeds, Gorilla Glue auto and OG Skunk auto. I put them in a cup of water this time overnight then into paper towels. Both seeds popped 3 days later. I then put them into coco solo cups 2 days ago and today they sprouted.

Names:
Gorilla Glue - Jungle Jane
OG Skunk - Penelope Pussycat

Mulva is doing well. I decided not to top her, but she has been LST. Its day 20 for her, so I am guessing 60 more days to harvest.

Fiona is also thriving, her buds are bigger everyday. I took an entire branch from her a couple of days ago and have been water curing. Its amazing how the potency changes from week to week. The water cure made the early harvest way less harsh. Now that the semester is over I hope I can just let her ripen naturally 50-60 days remaining.

Fiona 12/18

IMG_064758.JPG

Mulva 12/18

IMG_064655.JPG

The new girls 12/21

IMG_066359.JPG

Water curing the early harvest

IMG_064343.JPG

25 days into flower and I got a really energetic buzz that lasted about an hour that settled in to a pleasant relaxation that allowed me to fall asleep with feeling trapped in my own body day smoking the relaxation lasted an hour and a half after the initial buzz wore off. The taste was still terrible but much more bearable, I did smoke all of the sugar leaves I imagine a good trim would have gone a long way. I took another sample, you know for science, at 41 days into flower that is drying right now.

My conclusion that if you are growing long term and your stash is running low, harvesting in increments is a viable option rather than just going without. I would definitely wait for the first 30 days of flower the potency of the week increases 3 fold between day 20 and day 30. I will have a smoke report for day 40 flower soon.

Fiona 12/18

IMG_064758.JPG

Mulva 12/18

IMG_064655.JPG

The new girls 12/21

IMG_066359.JPG

Water curing the early harvest

IMG_064343.JPG

25 days into flower and I got a really energetic buzz that lasted about an hour that settled in to a pleasant relaxation that allowed me to fall asleep with feeling trapped in my own body day smoking the relaxation lasted an hour and a half after the initial buzz wore off. The taste was still terrible but much more bearable, I did smoke all of the sugar leaves I imagine a good trim would have gone a long way. I took another sample, you know for science, at 41 days into flower that is drying right now.

My conclusion that if you are growing long term and your stash is running low, harvesting in increments is a viable option rather than just going without. I would definitely wait for the first 30 days of flower the potency of the week increases 3 fold between day 20 and day 30. I will have a smoke report for day 40 flower soon.
Would love to hear the result of the water cure. Where did you find the instructions.

Back
Top Bottom