How to Make a Grow Journal

With enough setup information in the beginning, your grow journal will be monitored and analyzed by master growers from all over the world. The more pride and effort you put into your journal, the more response, interaction and support you will receive from our members and staff.

First and foremost, please make sure to post your Grow Journal in the proper area for Journals In Progress.

Also, please make sure to use proper grammar and structure when choosing your thread title, your Name/Growing-Medium/Strain-Name/Year is a good start.

Examples:
420's Hydro Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Outdoor Skywalker Grow Journal - 2009
420's Soil Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Deep Water Culture Skywalker Grow Journal -2008

There are many journals hosted on 420 Magazine. You increase your potential number of subscribers when they can immediately determine the strain and grow method - right from your title.

Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Medium - 75% perlite 25% vermiculite.
Lights - (2) 400w HID
Nutrients - FloraNova Grow/Bloom, Floralicious Plus
Strain(s) - Blue Dream, Cannalope Haze, Lavender
# of Plants: 9
Yield : 14-16 Ounces.

The ONLY way to receive optimal attention, feedback and support is to provide photos!

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Please make sure to respect our Posting Guidelines by using our Gallery.

And lastly, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature
Report-Post.jpg
found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to watching your beautiful ladies grow...;)

Love and Respect.
:peace:

Do I need to create a separate Journal for each strain?

Do I need to cre

Do I need to create a separate Journal for each strain?
No. You can document your grow in whatever way you want. Most journals are running multiple strains. But of course you can try and juggle a different journal for each strain if you wish.

Welcome. :ciao:

Is it okay to make a journal without knowing strain i got 2 bag weed seeds growing I only know he's said it was his best stuff??

Is it okay to make a journal without knowing strain i got 2 bag weed seeds growing I only know he's said it was his best stuff??
Yes, of course you can keep a grow journal using bag seed. Many do!

And :welcome:

With enough setup information in the beginning, your grow journal will be monitored and analyzed by master growers from all over the world. The more pride and effort you put into your journal, the more response, interaction and support you will receive from our members and staff.

First and foremost, please make sure to post your Grow Journal in the proper area for Journals In Progress.

Also, please make sure to use proper grammar and structure when choosing your thread title, your Name/Growing-Medium/Strain-Name/Year is a good start.

Examples:

There are many journals hosted on 420 Magazine. You increase your potential number of subscribers when they can immediately determine the strain and grow method - right from your title.

Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.

What strain is it?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Lights - (2) 400w HID

The ONLY way to receive optimal attention, feedback and support is to provide photos!

Report-Post.jpg
found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to watching your beautiful ladies grow...;)

Love and Respect.

I'm trying to post up a grow log . But all I can see is " post thread ?

Can anyone help a technophile?

I'm trying to post up a grow log . But all I can see is " post thread ?

Can anyone help a technophile?

That's what you do is create a thread, and then add to it by posting in that thread as you go along.

Thanks dude. Think I have it sorted now. I've only learned to use a pocket calculator last year, so bare with me

You are welcome :)......worked with an Eddie up in middle of nowhere AK in the early 80's on a set-net, a long time ago now :rofl:

Examples:

What strain is it?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Lights - (2) 400w HID

Report-Post.jpg

Love and Respect.
So if we start a journal..are you saying our photos need to.be posted in gallery so therefore dont show un our journal?? How do.people follow and see your grow..maybe im.misunderstanding...I am electronically challenged. ?? Also it said I hadn't earned privileges to post?? Didnt understand why or what that meant. Sincerely misspiggy412

:welcome: @misspiggy412
So if we start a journal..are you saying our photos need to.be posted in gallery so therefore dont show un our journal?
You upload photos to the Gallery, then you insert them into your post. It's a very simple process and you will find the tutorial here -

Alternatively, you can use the "Attach" function (click on "Attach files" underneath the new post panel at the bottom of the page) and upload them directly from your own files.

Also it said I hadn't earned privileges to post?
All members can start a journal. The most common reason for this message is that you are trying to post in a forum where only Moderators have privileges. Here is where you start your new journal thread - Journals in Progress. Just click the "Post thread" black box in the top right.

how do you add things to the bottom of your post? so people can click on it to see what ya got going?
If you mean editing your post, members have 420 minutes during which they can edit.
If you mean adding links to your signature, here's the tutorial - How To Add Links To Signatures
and lastly how do you update your grow journal? do you just keep posting replies?
That's it. :thumb:

I will putting together a Grow Journal tomorrow! I will get the info together for all of you!! Get wait to get some much needed advice and also a few surprises on your part!! Thanks so much for the wonderful people at 420Magazine.com for this amazing Website and Forum! Marijuana, the best gift that Mother Earth has ever provided! Even over Oxygen! Lol! Peace and Namaste to all!! The picture is from about a 5 - 6 weeks ago! I have pictures from throughout my grow, so even though I'm at about 3 weeks into flower, you all will get the whole picture! Thanks again 420 Mag. for all you guys and gals do for us!!

Attachments

• 20200719_142059.jpg
    20200719_142059.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 193

Examples:

What strain is it?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Lights - (2) 400w HID

Report-Post.jpg

Love and Respect.
So do I start a thread somewhere and title it: 1st GROW EVER. Supercloset Flower cabinet hydro grow.

Back
Top Bottom