How to Make a Grow Journal

And lastly, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature
Report-Post.jpg
found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.
I reported my final post on my Blue Cheese journal like this, but either your team is pretty darn busy, or this has since changed?

I reported my final post on my Blue Cheese journal like this, but either your team is pretty darn busy, or this has since changed?
They will get to it I'm sure. How long ago did you try? The last one I reported took around a week if I remember correctly. Kick ass list of journals you got. I'll have to check them out soon. I see that SSH and JH you got going in your signature! I'm running some crosses that have those genes and I'm super excited to see what they produce! Take care.

They will get to it I'm sure. How long ago did you try? The last one I reported took around a week if I remember correctly. Kick ass list of journals you got. I'll have to check them out soon. I see that SSH and JH you got going in your signature! I'm running some crosses that have those genes and I'm super excited to see what they produce! Take care.
It was about a week ago, just making sure I used the correct method. They have quite a bit of work, and moving journals probably isnt top of the list .. forgot about that there :p

Happy to see you in there. JH I would say I know by now, and she produces awesome amounts of fat buds, as per update just now. She is 2 weeks from harvest. SSH is my first run, and while I expected her to stretch like crazy, so far she proven to be an easy bonsai :Rasta:

Hi @PlanetJ
We check Grow Journals for any infractions before moving them, Yours is on the list. We are a small team, and currently I am working through a 200 plus page journal inbetween 420 other Mod duties. :nomo:

Hi @PlanetJ
We check Grow Journals for any infractions before moving them, Yours is on the list. We are a small team, and currently I am working through a 200 plus page journal inbetween 420 other Mod duties. :nomo:
I thought about that later and just wanted to make sure I did my part to prevent clutter. Whenever you get to it, no rush on my end :)

If I'm growing 2 different strains in the same res, is it preferred that I create 2 separate journals?
Hey Trill. Sorry for late response. I wouldn't worry about 2 journals. Just make one. We have a lot of members growing multiple genetics in one journal, including me. Makes things easier. Welcome to 420 Mag!
:passitleft:

With enough setup information in the beginning, your grow journal will be monitored and analyzed by master growers from all over the world. The more pride and effort you put into your journal, the more response, interaction and support you will receive from our members and staff.

First and foremost, please make sure to post your Grow Journal in the proper area for Journals In Progress.

Also, please make sure to use proper grammar and structure when choosing your thread title, your Name/Growing-Medium/Strain-Name/Year is a good start.

Examples:
420's Hydro Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Outdoor Skywalker Grow Journal - 2009
420's Soil Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Deep Water Culture Skywalker Grow Journal -2008

There are many journals hosted on 420 Magazine. You increase your potential number of subscribers when they can immediately determine the strain and grow method - right from your title.

Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Medium - 75% perlite 25% vermiculite.
Lights - (2) 400w HID
Nutrients - FloraNova Grow/Bloom, Floralicious Plus
Strain(s) - Blue Dream, Cannalope Haze, Lavender
# of Plants: 9
Yield : 14-16 Ounces.

The ONLY way to receive optimal attention, feedback and support is to provide photos!

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Please make sure to respect our Posting Guidelines by using our Gallery.

And lastly, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature
Report-Post.jpg
found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to watching your beautiful ladies grow...;)

Love and Respect.
:peace:
Very informative but lacking the one thing that I was looking for....
I am a self-proclaimed techno-idiot and I can't even figure out where to start a journal. I went to "journals in progress ", typed my starting title and it ends up searching for other journals. I feel like a fool but if I don't get help, my seedling and my other yet to sprout seedling will be in veg state before I start my journal. I'm so embarrassed.. :(

I am a self-proclaimed techno-idiot and I can't even figure out where to start a journal. I went to "journals in progress ", typed my starting title and it ends up searching for other journals. I feel like a fool but if I don't get help, my seedling and my other yet to sprout seedling will be in veg state before I start my journal. I'm so embarrassed.. :(
You were almost there. You were reading the part that allowed you to check to see if anyone had ever written anything similar to what you were about to post. If you had read on, you would have seen where it was time to type in the first text of your first post to your new journal. It almost fooled me too the first time. Welcome to the group!

I feel ya. I've been pretty overwhelmed by the prospect of making a journal especially since I've looked at other well-organized journals. I'm at the point now where I want as much input as possible so I'm going to try again. I'm also not the most tech savvy person, but want to do the most I can for my plants. Wish you the best in overcoming any obstacles. My current one is anxiety and perfectionism.

I feel ya. I've been pretty overwhelmed by the prospect of making a journal especially since I've looked at other well-organized journals.
Don't worry about how other journals are organized. Follow the template as best you can. That will give you a good base of information for readers to know what's going on.
I'm at the point now where I want as much input as possible so I'm going to try again.
Feel free to tag me by entering the @ symbol and typing my username either at the beginning or end of your initial post. That will alert me that I was tagged and I'll swing by to "watch" your journal. I'd be happy to join and see you progress. Over time, more and more people will see it or we can tag folks in to help with specific issues, should you have any.
I'm also not the most tech savvy person, but want to do the most I can for my plants. Wish you the best in overcoming any obstacles. My current one is anxiety and perfectionism.
Don't let this site add anxiety to your day. Trust me...there are many of us here that struggle with anxiety. I come here to do my best to be relieved of that. Allow this community the opportunity to understand your obstacle(s) and help you through it. Growing your medicine should be a positive experience and help your anxiety. I know that can be tough at times though. Easier said than done. I know.

Don't let the perfectionism of your mind keep you from progressing in a positive direction. One step forward is better than not taking a step at all. I'm currently stepping backwards on a bunch of crap...:laugh:
:passitleft:
Blessings.

Thank you! So true on so many levels. The process of putting my obstacles and my plants obstacles out there is already alleviating my anxiety. Yay! ➡️
We all have obstacles. Even the most experienced of growers put their obstacles out there for all to see and help. Even if they know exactly what caused or how to treat it, they still put it out there so we can all learn together. I was the same way and would shy away from showing my issues. I'm glad I got past that because nobody here cares about the issues or what caused them. They care about helping you find a solution do you can have a bountiful harvest. That's it. We want everyone's plants to be beautiful and healthy. Obviously that won't always be the case but at least we can work on it together as a community. Take care and feel free to PM if you need any help.

still can't find a link to start a journal.. I've done this so many times before... Damm my old burnt out brain. not blaming my cognitive issues on cannabis,I have worked with volital chemicals since a teenager. benzine and methilele chlorine do a number on ya

still can't find a link to start a journal.. I've done this so many times before... Damm my old burnt out brain. not blaming my cognitive issues on cannabis,I have worked with volital chemicals since a teenager. benzine and methilele chlorine do a number on ya

In that section.

Figured it out.... in time it will all come back to me...lol

Back
Top Bottom