My ultimate grow room

Hello again everyone! It has been awhile since I have been really active on these forums, but now I find myself having a little time to post. Last summer we moved on to a new property. There is really no grow area set up here so we grew outdoor last summer. Well, now it's time to get rolling again! This time we are going all out and building our ultimate garden.

So far I have had a new 200A service to the building (where the garden will be) installed, replacing the 30A circuit that previously ran from the house. Inside the first room is under construction. It is approx. 10'x20' with a 10' ceiling. It has been framed in with 2x6s and insulated with R-19 fiberglass.

The service to the first room (the bloom room) has 3 circuits run to it. A 20A circuit for wall fans, outlets, and shop lights. A 20A dedicated circuit for ventilation (lights and room), and a 30A, 240V circuit for HPS lighting.

The second room (not built yet) will be the veg./mother/clone room. It will have a 20A circuit for outlets, fans, and shop lights. It will also have a dedicated 20A outlet for T5 fluorescent lighting. This room will have a slight jog in the shape, but will be approx. 10'x20' with a 10' ceiling in about 2/3 of the room, reducing to about 7.5' in the other 1/3.

Water has been run through the walls to a location in the second room. Both rooms will be behind metal exterior doors.

I neglected to take any photos so far, but I will take some today to catch everyone up and will continue to update as we go...

Wow is all I can say, props sir!

SG

Hey Kickstart ! Looks like you have a hell of a start ! I came back at the right time ! I will be watching this one all the way ! Maybe I will learn something from the master ! Glad to see you back bro !! Peace. Any idea what seeds u will be planting ?

Kickstart, I must really give you some reps on doing your grow space to the hilt. I would love to live in a state that allowed growing, but is not to be, so I will have to be content with my small cabinet grows. I must say I truly envy you.

I am in it to the end. Definitely want to see the final product. :thumb::smokin:

Thanks to everyone for the props! The room is taking a little longer than I had hoped (nice weather = wife and I on the bike!). Hopefully we are in the dirt in a week... Clones are ready so that is my motivator...

UGOD - good to see you again! It has definitely been awhile... I usually clone... had some excellent Bubba Kush, but that is gone now... I am gonna be growing (hope I spell it right...) Mazzi I Sharriff. (there is no way I spelled that correct...) It is a nice indica dom. with really nice inter-nodal spacing...

I thought I would post some more photos of the progress. This is a shot to show how the cables from the hoods run up through the ceiling...

DSC00681r.JPG

The next image shows the air scrubber I will be using. It is a CAN-100 carbon charcoal filter with a Vortex 10" fan on top.

DSC00682r.JPG

This one shows the panel plugged in and mounted.

DSC00683r.JPG

In this picture you can see at one end of the room a quartz heater to the left (for night cycle to keep room warm), and in the middle hanging is the CO2 generator.

DSC00685r.JPG

At the other end of the room you can see the Can filter in place and the CO2 controller in the center. The exhaust fans (not installed yet) and CO2 controller are plugged into a PC-1 photocell controller so they will only run during the day cycle.

DSC00686r.JPG

Well, today the vent ducting is going up along with a 6" Vortex fan. Tonight or tomorrow I will bring in the 12000 BTU air conditioner and run the exhaust ducting for that too. If I would have thought about it I would have ducted AC out with the lighting exhaust, but a little late for that. I am going to go ahead and run it (AC exhaust) out through the wall separately since it will be likely running all the time.

I will be posting more photos later tonight...

OK, a few photos as promised...

This shot shows some of the ducting in place towards the back of the room.

DSC00687r.JPG

Here is a shot from the door showing how the ducting is raised to allow entry to the room.

DSC00688r.JPG

This shot shows the rest of the ducting on the other end...

DSC00689r.JPG

This is a detail of the photocell controller and vent fan/CO2 controller hookups.

DSC00690r.JPG

After turning the lighting fan on for a test I discovered the suction produced pulls the two end lamps together while all the others seem to stay still. I decided to make a brace out of PVC. Here is a before shot:

DSC00691r.JPG

This is a shot after the brace is installed.

DSC00692r.JPG

This is a closeup showing the hole i drilled for a wire tie that secures the brace to the hood's mounting bracket.

DSC00694r.JPG

I didn't really show a good shot of it, but I mounted the Vortex fan for the exhaust on it's stock universal brackets and added some hood hangers that I attached from chains off the seiling for just the right height.

Next update soon...

HOLY SHIT BRO! looking good!:bravo:
long time! glad to see things are going well!!!
so jealous. no growing for me right now. no room for it... sigh...
the room looks awesome! cant wait to see it completely green!

in the mean time lets smoke a bowl!
:roorrip:

Thank you, this looks like some interesting info for sure. I have used Tyvek in 4 of 5 other growrooms (the other one was painted); this will be the sixth... One of the main reasons I have used it, beside being reflective, is the fact it is a great moisture barrier as well as being easy to replace if needed. I had no idea it was spectrum specific. I will have to consider upgrading at some point. Thanks!

Actually they are in wavelength, just at a different decimal point; the figures are in cm-¹ (100nm?)... That data is for reflectance (forgot to mention that); the search I did was for "spectral reflectance for tyvek". Just figured I would throw those charts up for the hell of it... We are going to stick with the Tyvek for now, but when it comes time to replace it or revamp the room I may end up changing. Thanks for the info. As far as the second room goes (for veg./mothers/clones) I would probably stick with the Tyvek since it seems to reflect the blues. I considered sheet rocking and painting, but decided to use OSB for walls since it is a bit more durable and I can hang anything I want (almost) directly into the wall/ceiling.

Keep being a "mad scientist"... It keeps you and the rest of us thinking!

Back
Top Bottom