Nagini's - Northern Lights - Indoor - Scrog - CFL - Grow

Nagini

INTRODUCTION
What's up everybody I'm starting my first grow and look forward to making an epic journal! Grab some popcorn it's gonna be good! I assisted with a hydroponic grow a few years back and now it's time to do it on my own. As many of you know, marijuana is frowned upon in our once great nation of America. I've had the misfortune of being on probation for the past 10 months and I figured what better way to celebrate than to have some top notch home grown finger lickin' mouth watering crystal coated stankyy dankyy!!! It's my way of sticking it to Uncle Sam hehe.

OBJECTIVE
My goal for this journal is to provide a go-to for newbies and to receive knowledge from the pros. Right now (April 2nd) I have all my supplies minus seeds and lights. Herbies lost my order! Don't worry, they resent a duplicate order today. And believe it or not I can not find any CFLs in the 6500k range. Working for Amazon has perks hehe so I ordered some. I am determined to successfully grow a plant and harvest an ounce minimum via the screen of green method.

INFO
My grow box is 18 inches wide, 14 inches deep, and 28 inched tall.
What strain is it? Nirvana Northern Lights Feminized
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 100% Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Have not germinated yet
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farms Ocean Forest
If soil... What size pot? solo cup---> small pot--->final pot 2 gal or 3 gal
Size of light? 12 x 23watt CFLs @ 1600 lumens ea for a total of 19,200 lumens in 1.8 sq. feet. (Sun puts off 10,000 lumens per sq foot)
Is it aircooled? Yes, 1 pc fan on plant, 2 pc fans as exhausts with homemade carbon filters
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used? FF Trio and Grandma's Molasses for flowering

Supplies
Two carbon filters- 4 pencil cups (2 big, 2 small), pantyhose, activated carbon
Lighting fixture- 12 x 23watt CFLs 6500k, 6 y adapters, 6 sockets, 14 gauge lamp cord, MDF board, hook nails, chain, electrical nuts, electrical tape
Scrog- MDF board, panhead screws, string
Ventilation- 3 Silenex 80 mm pc fans @ 15 decibels and 32 CFM each, 12v DC converter
Nutes- FF trio pint sized, General Hydroponics ph up/down kit
Soil- 12 quart FFOF, MG perlite, solo cup, small pot, large pot
Misc- 30x loupe, cooking pan for runoff, ONA for odor control, power strip, and patience

PROGRESS
Over the next few days I'll be putting the final touches on my box and uploading pictures, I know that pictures are far more valued than all this text I've put haha. Stay tuned my friends!

What's up gang I got some pics for you like I promised. It's just a teaser but who doesn't like a good tease ;) First up is my grow box. I use it as a tv stand and originally had a top drawer and a shelf half way down. I removed both and added a door. Sorry for the sideways pics. Computer shows em normal no matter what... wont happen again
CAM001341.jpg
CAM001353.jpg

Then we have the plant steroids... Some FFOF soil and MG perlite along with FF trio bloom and ph up/down. Don't forget molasses for buds!
CAM001362.jpg

As far as odor control I'll rig 2 carbon filters with pencil cups, panty hose, and activated carbon. Also have ona gel and 3 Silenx pc fans. My box is less than 5 cubic feet and with 2 fans pulling 64 cfm at 15 dBA I think i'll have great air flow and stealth. When I construct them I'll provide more detail!
CAM001375.jpg
CAM001384.jpg

Currently working on my lighting fixture. It will hang and be adjustable. I'm using the shelf I removed to wire 6 sockets w/ y splitters to run 12 cfls. It works great because no light escapes upwards and the white reflects well. I drilled my 1st hole and it took forever! Home Depot sold me a POS circle drill bit. I used a 1 3/4" bit and took a good 8-10 minutes. Hence why I stopped at one hole lol. Also the hole is slightly bigger than the socket so i will wrap the socket with tape to make a snug fit.
CAM001393.jpg
CAM001405.jpg

So far everything is looking good. Is your water source filtered? Do you have a ph pen? These would be two crucial elements used for daily care. My tap water comes out at 8.1, I add 12 drops of ph down per liter typically to achieve 6.1 ph for peat moss based soil feeding. prepare to be fully addicted to perfecting your first grow! With that many lumens for one plant, if you mainline the plant to have 8 tops and about 50 popcorn buds you can get 3-4 ounces.

:welcome: HappyInside! Good to have you. The ph kit I purchased comes with a testing kit and I also want to invest in ph strips. Mainlining looks awesome but after lights and the soil pot in my box, i have 13 inches for my plants to grow and then BAM! They'll hit lights. My scrog will be an inch or so above the soil to start training in the first 2 weeks. We'll see how it plays out, I'm headed over to the FAQ forum for some help with height restrictions now. Oh, and no my water is not filtered.

Looks like your all set, a grow space even smaller than mine, it will be interesting to see how you cope with the height issue. I'm at max height on my light and all tops are pulled down as far as they can be, 8 inches of space and 5 weeks of flower to go, :goodluck: on your journey
Keep it green ✌

Looks like your all set, a grow space even smaller than mine, it will be interesting to see how you cope with the height issue. I'm at max height on my light and all tops are pulled down as far as they can be, 8 inches of space and 5 weeks of flower to go, :goodluck: on your journey
Keep it green ✌

Good to have you! I just subbed to your journal, those ladies are frosted out! I'll start scrogging an inch from soil so i think that'll help w/height, I'll have an early 12/12 flip. Also Running 12 lights for 19,200 lumens to prevent stretchy string bean plants.

Cronichemphog, welcome! I'll have the light fixture finished on monday stay tuned for pics! She's gonna be a bright sum'bitch!

Hey man im going to be checkin this log out to learn from yah,i want a scrog as weell just dont know how to make one

All you need to make a scrog is simply some type of frame, with hooks of sometype to run rope, wire, twine whatever you decide. Really just a checkered pattern is what you are going for. I went to menards got 100' of rope 10' of pvc and 4 elbows or 90 degree pvc fittings, 40 hooks. Make a square out of the PVC and the elbows. Run the rope through the hooks and there you go. Then you decide what is the best way to either suspend the screen or make legs to elevate it. Don't make it too complicated some people do 6 inch squares some like 2 inches or so... up to you and really how many tops you will be having. Check out my log I got some pics if you want I can give you some more of just the screen too..

Looking good, I'm subbed. :thumb:

Welcome everybody! Happy Easter! Still waiting on my seeds and cfls, gonna check the tracking now. It's Easter so I doubt there'd be an update. Not much to post, Tomorrow my goal is to complete the lighting fixture, wire everything, and have it suspended in the cab. Also will be making my carbon filter and giving a step by step picture guide for Dentu50, I've been talking to him a lot on his lighting thread in FAQ. Unfortunately I can't pm and neither can he. He claims not to be tech savvy so I hope he's managed to sub the my journal!!!

Goodies will be posted tomorrow by 6pm EST, heads up!

Side note I meet with my PO tomorrow and I pray that I'll be told I'm done! The kicker is that the cop falsified my arrest. I had beer and he planted marijuana in my suv. Nearly 10 months clean and 6 months of NA meetings can really take a tole. I'm A OK not smoking but listening to meth users blab about connects and guns and hookers twice a week is not where I need to be. Positive vibes appreciated! :ganjamon:

Subbed! I got some plants going that are 6 1/2 weeks in veg that I've been keeping small, check out my journal, also made a plantar scrog that is on its second day. Hope your seeds show up tomorrow, its going to be fun. :thumb:

I subscribed to your journal, thanks for telling me how...was as easy as you said...yes my friend, you are a great teacher, hope your boss knows what an important asset he has. Good luck with your grow. BTW, (can we use shortcuts? Don't want to get them mad at me...HaHa) I watched the scrog tutorial... might be me, but with this being my first grow, it frightens me a bit....My better half says that about me all the time...if I'm not 100% sure of something, I don't take chances. But, I have some time to ponder my dilemma. Thanks again!

I subscribed to your journal, thanks for telling me how...was as easy as you said...yes my friend, you are a great teacher, hope your boss knows what an important asset he has. Good luck with your grow. BTW, (can we use shortcuts? Don't want to get them mad at me...HaHa) I watched the scrog tutorial... might be me, but with this being my first grow, it frightens me a bit....My better half says that about me all the time...if I'm not 100% sure of something, I don't take chances. But, I have some time to ponder my dilemma. Thanks again!

Brother it's like jumping off the high dive at the pool. You're standing on the edge staring down 15 feet nervous as hell but when you jump, it's worth it! I've been reading about cannabis for the past 3 years and just now growing for my first time. I support legalization but hate stupid stoners. They give marijuana a bad name. Don't just say "Legalize it dudeeeee, it feels gooooood!".... Tell me why! How! Give me data! Not emotions! Know what I mean? Knowledge is power. Scrogging is simple I believe in you!

Update time guys!
So I finished my carbon filter and wired the pc fans. Was gonna update later when my lighting fixture was finished but my drill battery died so I'll hook you guys up early. Pictures are sideways... I deliberately held my phone vertical so this wouldn't happen. From here on out I will be using an actual camera. Steps/instructions are above each correlating picture.... bon appetit!

Here are the supplies for the carbon filter. 1 large pencil cup, 1 small pencil cup (staples), activated carbon (walmart), pantyhose (old lady)
CAM001427.jpg

First, fill the large cup until the small cup sits inside and the tops are level.
carbon_filter_1_.jpg

Second, place small cup in pantyhose, put in big cup, fill space between big cup and pantyhose with carbon. No carbon in small cup!
carbon_filter_2_.jpg

Third, pull pantyhose over lip of big cup, bring to bottom of cup, twist and bring back up cup. Now you've successfully made a carbon filter! I used a whole container of carbon for this roughly $7-$8. Two pencil cups ran me $8-$10.
carbon_filter_3_.jpg

Here's some final dimensions
carbon_filter_5_.jpg
carbon_filter_4_.jpg

This one is for Cruizer! I will show you how to wire a pc fan so you can plug it into an outlet. You need a power source that puts out 12 volts. I picked one up from radio shack for $25. A phone charger, drill battery charger, or any dc converter laying around your house will work. I believe all pc fans are 12 volts. Don't get a charger with more volts that the fan! it can be less. Phone chargers are typically 5-7 volts. This will just make your fan slower.

Here are the supplies. 12 v charger, 3 pc fans rated 12 volts, knife, electrical tape, and some patience!
pc_fan_1_.jpg

Here are the specifics of my fan. Runs on .09 amps so 3 fans equals .27 amps. The charger is 1 amp. Take this into consideration!
pc_fan_5_.jpg

First, cut the end off the charger, cut off rubber coating to expose wire. If you don't have a wire stripper no worry! I refused to pay $15 for one. Cut the rubber till you feel resistance/grinding. STOP! Rotate wire, cut other side of wire. Gently pull rubber away from wire.
pc_fan_2_.jpg

If your fan has this, be happy. Fan will have a negative, positive, and a wire that reads temperature from the computer's motherboard so it knows when to kick on. We don't need this third wire. If your fan is like mine and has a 3 wire connector and 2 wire connector cut at the 2. This will be your negative and positive so you don't have to figure out of the 3 wires, which 2 you need.
pc_fan_4_.jpg

Some fans are color coded, mine are not. The first wiring did not work. I simply reversed how I wired it and it worked when plugged in! You'll see I have the fan's 2 wires going to the charger's 2 wires. You can also see my 3rd wire from the fan that we don't need. I didn't splice at the 2 wire connector on my first fan. It made it a lot harder to figure out which 2 I needed.
pc_fan_3_.jpg

In this pic you can see 3 black wires running to each white wire of the charger. I have the positive wires from 3 fans running to the charger's positive, and negative wires from 3 fans running to the charger's negative! Understand? When I wired the first fan correctly, I mimicked everything for the other 2 fans. Wrap your wires with electrical tape, never leave exposed wires.
pc_fan_7_.jpg

Here you can see all three fans running. The total amperage is .27 and the charger is 1 amp so the speed is not slowed down by having multiple fans together. I believed I've covered everything! If not, comment!
pc_fan_6_.jpg

I meet with my PO in 2 hours and hope I'll be done with this probation shit. I was told I'd be getting off. Fingers crossed. If not I'm off to a court ordered NA meeting. Marijuana is not a drug but our government will never understand. Send vibes my way! Peace!
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom