Nagini's - Northern Lights - Indoor - Scrog - CFL - Grow

Yes that sounds like it would work fine. More room for carbon and it's an actual filter not just a metal mesh cup. The hardest part for me was securing it to the box. Duct tape didn't hold up so i went with a hot glue gun. My favorite tool by far!
Hey there, hope things are going good for you and yours. I'm almost to the magic number to send messages, yea! I have one for you, maybe you could give me your input. I'm having a heck of a time finding inexpensive 23w, 6500k bulbs. The ones at tractor supply are always out of stock, and they can't do anything about it in their on-line division ( why, no frigging idea..same company). Anyway, do you think using about 12 5000k bulbs and 8 6500k bulbs since I need 20 bulbs according to what I read. And that's another thing...lumens...I read such wildly different amounts needed. I place said 2000 per sq. ft. was enough. Another place says 3-5 k per sq. ft. ...any input with that? Well, got to watch my judge shows...people can be so dumb sometimes.... thanks again my friend

well depends on if you go by you can never have enough light
Thanks so much for the input. I will have to check out your journals. I learn so much from them...will definitely do one when I get started for real...so much info to absorb.

I have a question for you since I noticed you did a led grow. Will the led lights work with soil? I see them always listed for sale as lights for hydroponics. I plan on soil for my first grow, but led lights look like the new way to go(and grow!). I see so many people say the panels that are less expensive are crap. But when I read their technical information, I don't see that much of a difference. And with me, I really don't have the money to waste on lights that don't work. If you can steer me towards some info that you know about on the subject, it would be appreciated. Again, thanks for your input.

led's are great but not all are created equal and yes you can grow in soil under led theres a lot of people on this site doing that
just remember not all led's are created equal

does anybody know some good combos of nutes before i go into flowering...i am going in prob on 1-3 of may and i have like 800 plants and dont want to fuck up my feeding before i switch nitrogen to phosphorus and this is only my second grow haha i know hard to beleive...but check my plants out ill post some more today and i have a few questions

i have some questions about my grow and you seem like you have a good idea of whats going on, check out my grow journal and see what i got going on and i have a few questions about transitions and nutrients and how to increase my yield to try and go for 2 lbs a plant

does anybody know some good combos of nutes before i go into flowering...i am going in prob on 1-3 of may and i have like 800 plants and dont want to fuck up my feeding before i switch nitrogen to phosphorus and this is only my second grow haha i know hard to beleive...but check my plants out ill post some more today and i have a few questions

800 plants and you're asking about feeding..... Wow, good luck. That's quite the grow you have. Indoors or out?

Damn guys sorry I went ghost. I was a moron and used hot glue to secure my scrog..... temps melted it and it slid down the box. My carbon filter also did the same. I decided to just scrap it and wait till I have everything 110%. I will admit I was rushing it. Quality is important and I over looked it. I'm somewhat bummed because I've done so much research over 3 years and feel I could grow a monster of a plant, but cannabis is not a priority as of now. Sorry for the tease. I personally hate seeing a grow journal that comes to a halt.

As for where I am in life, I just started working after 3 months of medical leave, I'm converting to full time status, I am finishing probation, and am actively seeking my own apartment (roomates lower the cost but raise frustration, lesson learned) lol. I have all of my supplies, nutes, seeds, etc... When I come across a new place I can openly grow, temps won't melt my box, and I'll definitely have a journal worth watching. Until then, happy growing. Thanks for the help gang.

:peacetwo:

As for where I am in life, I just started working after 3 months of medical leave, I'm converting to full time status, I am finishing probation, and am actively seeking my own apartment (roomates lower the cost but raise frustration, lesson learned) lol. I have all of my supplies, nutes, seeds, etc... When I come across a new place I can openly grow, temps won't melt my box, and I'll definitely have a journal worth watching. Until then, happy growing. Thanks for the help gang.

:peacetwo:
Wow, bud, sorry to hear the crap you are going through, it sucks, but believe me, it can always be worse. But, you have your initial set up, so when the time is right.

Believe me, I know how fast things can turn around on you...one day I'm fine, then I get some kind of infection, next thing I'm on IV antibiotics in the ICU. And when all said and done, my infection attacked my legs, so I can hardly get around. And when you just have Medicare, a lot isn't paid for....my last stint in the hospital, my copays added up to over 32 grand...good thing they don't have debtor prisons anymore...and they can't touch my Social Security...thank goodness for small miracles. But keep a positive attitude....works better than crying.

I've been taking things slowly myself, cannot invest too much cash on bad moves. That's why I'm doing a small trial run with some commercial bag seeds...if I ruin them, nothing really lost except for time, and that I have.

I do have a question that maybe you can help me with. No one around here sells Fox Farms...and I don't want to by from e-bay, prices out of this world. Got any suggestions on something comparable... all they sell is Miracle Grow. Have a few plants that I should transplant...I have a bag of MG organic, picked it up at biglots cheap, that I was gonna use...figure, what the heck!

Well my friend, you keep things going in the right direction, which I know you can do! Best to you!

Many growers stay away from Miracle Grow because it has time release nutrients which will interfere with the nutrients you add. I ordered fox farms thru Amazon. They have a 12 qt bag of soil which was cheap and for nutrients there is a pint size trio pack so you can save money vs the full sized trio pack. I hope your grow goes well. I'm not upset one bit about mine, I knew going into it that it was for fun. Things are going great and I needed to prioritize. Growing nugs was not one of them haha!!! As you said I have my initial setup, the time will be right soon my my friend!

Dang sorry to hear that man. You had such a detailed and informative journal! Hope everything goes well. Safe travels!

Thanks for the reply, and remember, life is so short....always take care of what's really important, and that's you, and your family...everything else, no matter what is just "dressing" and not worth crap...things have a way of working out. You will be trimming before you know it!

Quick question for you, since it seems you really know quite a bit...a lot more than me. The bag seeds that I threw into some "cow pots" have sprouted and with only 2-, 23w lights on an open shelf, and it seems I have like 8 plants growing,...nicely for not knowing anything. Anyway, I was going to transplant them and put them in the side of an entertainment stand, has shelves that I can take out and a glass door that shuts tight. I assume (I know you shouldn't assume....loved the odd couple when I was a kid!)since some of the plants are close together, mother nature will take over with "survival of the fittest"....do you think I should plant the plants in one big planter, or a few smaller one. The inside measures like 18"x16" and about 40" high. I have 8 23w bulbs set to go, 4 6500k, and 4 5000k(thanks walmart, says daylight but aren't 6500k). Just your thoughts would help. Remember too, not expecting much. Oh, and should I put up space blanket inside or white? Thanks bud!

Thanks for the reply, and remember, life is so short....always take care of what's really important, and that's you, and your family...everything else, no matter what is just "dressing" and not worth crap...things have a way of working out. You will be trimming before you know it!

Quick question for you, since it seems you really know quite a bit...a lot more than me. The bag seeds that I threw into some "cow pots" have sprouted and with only 2-, 23w lights on an open shelf, and it seems I have like 8 plants growing,...nicely for not knowing anything. Anyway, I was going to transplant them and put them in the side of an entertainment stand, has shelves that I can take out and a glass door that shuts tight. I assume (I know you shouldn't assume....loved the odd couple when I was a kid!)since some of the plants are close together, mother nature will take over with "survival of the fittest"....do you think I should plant the plants in one big planter, or a few smaller one. The inside measures like 18"x16" and about 40" high. I have 8 23w bulbs set to go, 4 6500k, and 4 5000k(thanks walmart, says daylight but aren't 6500k). Just your thoughts would help. Remember too, not expecting much. Oh, and should I put up space blanket inside or white? Thanks bud!

Congrats on the plants. Have them in separate pots. Easier to diagnose problems when you feed them individually. The daylight 5000k issue was the same for me with walmart. Not sure what you mean in your second to last sentence about a space blanket. And just a tip if your plants are really stretchy and tall add more lights/move lights closer. 2-3 inches away. Take some pics of them!

Congrats on the plants. Have them in separate pots. Easier to diagnose problems when you feed them individually. The daylight 5000k issue was the same for me with walmart. Not sure what you mean in your second to last sentence about a space blanket. And just a tip if your plants are really stretchy and tall add more lights/move lights closer. 2-3 inches away. Take some pics of them!
Thanks again for the quick response. That makes a lot of sense about separate pots. I've taken some pictures, just don't know how to post them from my tablet, and I'm not really starting a journal. I do have over 50 posts so I can send you a private message, if that's possible to do with pictures. The plants you will see are in a 6 pack of "cow pots", you bury the whole thing when time. Do you know where I can look up how to post them. (To me, it looks like a couple different kinds, but who knows?...lol

The thing about the space blankets was that I read somewhere that the inside of a grow box should be reflective or white. I think I read that aluminum foil isn't good to use..would rather use that, get cheap one at the dollar store..thanks bud!

Even though I'm not growing I want to be actively involved... I truly love this plant for both medicinal and industrial values. It fascinates me how you can widely manipulate the growing characteristics of one plant, and I become captivated when reading into the drug war, drug reform, etc. I'm holding a book in my hands right now titled "Chasing the Scream; the first and last days of the war on drugs" by Johann Hari. If you're a reader check it out.

Thanks again for the quick response. That makes a lot of sense about separate pots. I've taken some pictures, just don't know how to post them from my tablet, and I'm not really starting a journal. I do have over 50 posts so I can send you a private message, if that's possible to do with pictures. The plants you will see are in a 6 pack of "cow pots", you bury the whole thing when time. Do you know where I can look up how to post them. (To me, it looks like a couple different kinds, but who knows?...lol

The thing about the space blankets was that I read somewhere that the inside of a grow box should be reflective or white. I think I read that aluminum foil isn't good to use..would rather use that, get cheap one at the dollar store..thanks bud!

I use flat white paint. Works like a charm

Back
Top Bottom