Nagini's - Northern Lights - Indoor - Scrog - CFL - Grow

Love the diy stuff, bro. Another option to power the fans, (And there are many ways) if you can't find the correct charger, or without splicing is to get a USB to IDE/SATA adapter kit ,, those are cheap, safe, and work great. I'd link what I mean but I might get in trouble,, let me try coding it a bit to avoid the bots...

at the link below after the https: put two forward slashes like this // and take out spaces

https: m.rakuten.com/product/213484248?listingid=65026691&adid=29963&sclid=pla_google_Mambate

Thanks for the wiring instructions Nagini. The fan I'm trying to wire is an Antec 3 speed. I understand the red, black, and yellow(temp.cntrl) but what about the speed switch? It has S, +, and - I cant find the actual switch that plugs into it, just have the connector off the fan.

edit: I like the filter too, going to get supplies.:thanks:

Sweet im gonna save up to build a scrubber like this

Do itttttttttt! It's easy. We'll start a trend. A pantyhose shortage nationwide because of diy growers hahaha :rofl:

Thanks for the wiring instructions Nagini. The fan I'm trying to wire is an Antec 3 speed. I understand the red, black, and yellow(temp.cntrl) but what about the speed switch? It has S, +, and - I cant find the actual switch that plugs into it, just have the connector off the fan.

edit: I like the filter too, going to get supplies.:thanks:

Not too sure, so yours has a 4th wire for speed control? Or the speed control option is manually on the fan? By no means is the following sentence proven but I would think a 4th wire would be the speed control and you could set it from an interface on the computer. Not sure you could use the speed option if you splice and dice. Now if the speed switch is on the fan itself then maybe you can. PM me pics and specifics and maybe I could figure it out. I'd honestly just be scrolling thru forums looking for an answer. Good luck!

Love the diy stuff, bro. Another option to power the fans, (And there are many ways) if you can't find the correct charger, or without splicing is to get a USB to IDE/SATA adapter kit ,, those are cheap, safe, and work great. I'd link what I mean but I might get in trouble,, let me try coding it a bit to avoid the bots...

at the link below after the https: put two forward slashes like this // and take out spaces

https: m.rakuten.com/product/213484248?listingid=65026691&adid=29963&sclid=pla_google_Mambate

Well guess I coulda saved 12 bucks going that route but I do enjoy voiding warranties and wiring. I was once a huge subwoofer fanatic!

Cool carbon filter setup. Very handy-man-ish lol

Thanks!

Thanks for the love everybody! I've been feeling sick today so I accomplished nothing. Special ordered 6500k cfls arrived today.... and they're 5000k. Went to lowes and outta a whole isle, there was 1 product rated 6500k. Best believe I bought a majority of them. And they were 23w like I need!:cheesygrinsmiley: So I'm buying a motorcycle this week, paid a deposit at the dealership today. Marijuana and wheelies woohooooooo! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Next update will be when I finish the lighting and I'll include pics. Seeds are on the way, should be by friday. Until the lighting fixture's done, peace!
:peacetwo:

I hear you, I wired some carazy systems when I was younger. Those 5000 are fine to veg with, higher is ideal, but I might have stayed with them. But I have a bit of an anal retentive perfectionist thing about me, too.

I dig that youre diy. i just built a box myself, im gonna have to make one of those filters.
Is this all for the box your tv is on?

Thanks man, I need to remake my filter. It's better if the inside cup sits a little lower so i can mount the outside cup. And yes it's all for that box. I'll have 14 inches of height for my buds to grow. My scrog will be 18"x14" and the plant will be trained n trimmed from the start. End result should be a nice, tight, even, micro canopy of thick nugs. If only these damn seeds would arrive!!! Do you have a link to your box?

Hey Nagini, best of luck with your PO, had that route years ago...been a semi-good person since...yea, not! Ha-Ha. I've been doing my own checking for cheaper 6500k bulbs...check out the nearest tractor supply....they have a 3 pack for 9 bucks. The site doesn't mention the kelvin number, but I went to manufacturer with the model number and they say they are 6500k...kind of proud of myself...never give up!

I was wondering if your grow area is small like mine(8 sq. ft.) Can I use a fan like this as an exhaust fan by turning it around.? And one other thing that I would like to throw out to all, the fan used to circulate the air, should you face it at or away from the plants? Gosh, I feel so unintelligent!

I was wondering if your grow area is small like mine(8 sq. ft.) Can I use a fan like this as an exhaust fan by turning it around.? And one other thing that I would like to throw out to all, the fan used to circulate the air, should you face it at or away from the plants? Gosh, I feel so unintelligent!

Fan should face the plants to circulate air. How many cubic feet is your grow space? Exhaust fan should have a cfm rating (cubic feet per minute) of 2-3 times the grow area. You want air to always be fresh. My area is 4 cubic feet and with 2 fans at 32 cfm, that's 64 cfm. The air in my cabinet will be replaced 16 times in 1 minute!!! Fucking insane lol. Better safe than sorry, I didn't fully trust the power of a pc fan. It is nearly silent, that is why I chose it. If noise is not a factor, use a 4" or 6" inline fan.

edit- more circulation ensures lower temps and should help with odor. Exhaust should blow air into a carbon filter or over a bucket of ona to eliminate odor as well. You can never be too safe these days. I'm off to build this light fixture, update coming this afternoon!

Thanks bud! Hope u saw what I posted about tractor supply, don't know if I do it right.

Yes I saw it. I liked it to show you that I saw it. When you hover over user cp tab it will show new likes. There's a tractor supply one city over but I lucked out and found some at lowes. I'm waiting on an amazon order before I go and by some locally. I had 2 amazon orders of lights. The 1st was the wrong bulbs that came yesterday. The 2nd is an 8 pack that I hope is correct. As far as seeds, I check the tracking like 3 times a day lol it's frustrating.

Thanks man, I need to remake my filter. It's better if the inside cup sits a little lower so i can mount the outside cup. And yes it's all for that box. I'll have 14 inches of height for my buds to grow. My scrog will be 18"x14" and the plant will be trained n trimmed from the start. End result should be a nice, tight, even, micro canopy of thick nugs. If only these damn seeds would arrive!!! Do you have a link to your box?
Dang, thats gonna be impressive! Hahaha it took mine two weeks to get from amsterdam to america.
donaldd Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Good morning my friend...was just doing a little wake and bake, when I thought of something involving the making of the carbon filter. I'm guessing, but the more carbon you have, the less odor. Is it possible to cut the smaller cup down, this will add more carbon on the bottom and sides. Also could you attach the filter once complete to the fan, with it in reverse to pull the air in? Just a hazy thought!

Good morning my friend...was just doing a little wake and bake, when I thought of something involving the making of the carbon filter. I'm guessing, but the more carbon you have, the less odor. Is it possible to cut the smaller cup down, this will add more carbon on the bottom and sides. Also could you attach the filter once complete to the fan, with it in reverse to pull the air in? Just a hazy thought!

I like it! I would have to agree that the more carbon there is, the less odor there would be. If you can find a smaller cup go for it! And with the fan do you mean pull air from the grow into the carbon filter? That's essentially how my exhaust works. I'll drill a big hole into the side of my box. On the inside I'll mount my fan so it pulls the smelly air out and pushes it into the hole. On the outside of the box I will have my carbon filter covering the hole. Any air that comes out of my box will have to pass through my 2 carbon filters.

:yahoo:SEEDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!:yahoo:
CAM001733.jpg

Both the original and replacement order came on the same day. 2x strawberry blue fem, 4x afghani reg, 10 northern lights fem. Both went to my billing address and not my shipping. That is my only complaint. Damn these things are small. All the seeds i've ever picked out of my stash have been like lemon seeds. These seeds are comparable to sesame seeds. As soon as I finish the box I can have my baby growing! Working on my lighting now!

:peacetwo:

LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION!
I'm so fucking proud of myself. I have a lot of respect for electricians now.

6 sockets wired in parallel (weights to keep from falling off table)
CAM00183.jpg

hooked up everything before i plugged them in
CAM001863.jpg

Houston we have lift off!
CAM001854.jpg

Extremely bright! The carpet was glowing... the picture doesn't capture it well.
CAM001843.jpg

All in all I love it! You guys are looking at 19,200 lumens. She gets warm!!! My little green lady will love this!

Back
Top Bottom