Named him Rudy, since he's so little! Any thoughts on the cause?

Started this little guy a few weeks back, about 3 or so, and I was certain he was about to kick the bucket. Looked at him closely today, and the little bugger has some hairs popping out. I have heard of small plants before, but surely this is just ridiculous in stature. Maybe a full 2 inches tall, and that's being very generous.

He was my first attempt at up-potting an autoflower. I will never do that again, until I know what I did wrong, or didn't do at all. Started him in a Tim Hortons potatoe wedge cup. I would guess about 10-12 oz or so, maybe a little more or less. Who cares, it was small lol. Once he was producing more foliage, I decided to transplant him. The roots were starting to circle the bottom of the cup, so I was sure it was not too soon to transplant him.

Why you growing a male for, most, if not all of us, like to grow female flowers... Best of luck...

Was no need to transplant but all good... Let the pot dry out, looks like its being overwatered, which will result in slow growth and unhappy looking seedling.. wait till pots light before watering.. transplanting is needed once multiple watering are required or plant Top has outgrown pot size...

I was just taking the piss mate :rofl: :passitleft:

Lots of factors it could be since not all yer info is present

Soil
Light, or lack of
Nutes, or lack of
Watering as already stated
Water pH

Many things could be why, but without all the info we are just guessing

Come on Chris, look at it, it's an overwatered seedling.. at tis stage it isn't a guess, as only few problems could there possibly be... I might give you light but that's not issue here...

I agree for sure, but not a seedling anymore

Hopefully OP can understand why with posting all his actions and processes

Maybe he can see where he went wrong, one pic looks pretty decent besides the blurple :rofl::laughtwo::laugh:

Only things that had changed between this one and my four others, I started this one in a smaller pot for up-potting, and has more available light all around.

Pro Mix HP
Same water pH as its bigger brothers
No nutes as I was sure it was dying

I have sown others since this one, and they are all doing just fine.

If everything's in order, There are also slow mutated shit plants... Could be one of these..

Maybe shes a dwarf-

With a little attention,she may get as big as this one (7"tall) -she was a mutant,apparently,
but I kept her alive and pollinated her for no apparent reason ,and got 30 seeds...

( a waste of time,right?)

Her offspring was sort of surprising:

Far from genetically stable,but ended up being some of the best smoke I've grown.

It will be an interesting show to watch, that's for sure. For two weeks I was waiting for it to turn yellow and die, but it remained nice and green. If it gets above 5"s, I will be happy. I was joking with my friend yesterday, as its so little, I can probably roll the whole plant into a single joint. Would be quite funny to say, and not be lying a bout it, that I smoked an entire plant in one sitting. Of course I will obviously explain to others what happened, but it would still be the truth.

She's cute as a bug's butt-good job raising her!
And I thought my dwarf was small....
We're gonna need a smoke report when you torch that little b*tch!:goodjob:

Started this little guy a few weeks back, about 3 or so, and I was certain he was about to kick the bucket. Looked at him closely today, and the little bugger has some hairs popping out. I have heard of small plants before, but surely this is just ridiculous in stature. Maybe a full 2 inches tall, and that's being very generous.

DSCN6818.JPG

He was my first attempt at up-potting an autoflower. I will never do that again, until I know what I did wrong, or didn't do at all. Started him in a Tim Hortons potatoe wedge cup. I would guess about 10-12 oz or so, maybe a little more or less. Who cares, it was small lol. Once he was producing more foliage, I decided to transplant him. The roots were starting to circle the bottom of the cup, so I was sure it was not too soon to transplant him.

DSCN6541.JPGDSCN6589.JPG

When the auto root hits the bottom of the pot, it switches to flower. I had my share of mini-autos because I forgot to put them in their final pots 1 week after germination. Auto seedlings grow a lot faster than photos, so it is best to plant directly into their big-girl pots, with some kind of collar around the seed to concentrate the water (and so you know where it is if it doesn't show above the soil).

Back
Top Bottom