Should I kill him?

I'mOne

Ok i have a dilemna.
I ordered many seeds and one was a Taskenti strain developed to an f3 with a small amount of northern lights back there...popped three one lives and i nearly killed it several times. It was delayed in growth and small but tough. I know have two island sweet skunks, one sensi skunk in flower room.
I just popped the three Bubba Hash from ACE.
Taskenti is with the ISS plants outside. Sensi skunk is in flower room.
I am pretty sure this Taskenti plant is a male. He shows tinly little balls at the internodes. He has NO SMELL AT STEM RUB.
I hate to let him off since it was hard to get the seeds, they are rare, and he is a tough little bastard. I could 1. Put him by himself and flower him out, smoke some of his tips and save pollen.
2. Keep him with the ISS plants putside and let things happen naturally.
3. Put him in the flower room with the sensi skunk that just showed preflowers
4. Kill HIM

Purposely leaving a male in with the females to "let things happen naturally" is a good(?) way to end up with thousands of seeds at harvest time - so if that's your goal, it'll probably accomplish it.

Most folks these days who are wanting seeds for their own use would likely keep the male segregated, though, harvest the pollen, mix it with dry flour to cut it (a little goes a long way), and use an artist's paint brush or the like to dab it on a much smaller amount of female flowers than "all of them," lol. And then store the excess - again, dry - in the freezer for later use.

If you choose option B, remember to shut down the fans first, and to wash hands/etc. after applying the pollen.

Thanks, i have a little time to decide. Its not like the ISS plants are going to flower outside very soon. I may let him go a while and try smoking a bit of the tops to see if i get any buzz at all.
Also keeping a little pollen is an option since i will grow out the other Taskenti seeds next year and may not get another male. It might be that i want to preserve the strain? Unlikely yes, but possible.

I may let him go a while and try smoking a bit of the tops to see if i get any buzz at all.

Not much to smoke on a male besides leaves and pollen sacks ;) , a hermie be a different story to a point but not much on a true male.

I'm sitting here rolling up some "recycled" tobacco out of the cigarettes in the ashtray that I didn't quite smoke down until the filter started to melt, lol, so I know the feeling. Sometimes it helps a little to just go through the motions with a great big bag of leaves (or so I've tried telling myself upon occasion).

But... only a very little, at best. They make a great addition to the compost pile, though - lots of nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom