Need help identifying problem

Hi all, this is my first grow and I seem to be having a progressive problem with my plants, I’ve done a bit of reasearch but can’t seem to pinpoint exactly what the cause is.
In my opinion it’s either:
phosphorus excess/deficiency
Potassium deficiency
Nute burn

My plants are on week 6 flower, they are golden haze strain.
I have admittedly given nutes more frequently over the past week or two due to noticing the early stages of the problem and thinking it was a deficiency of some sort, I read somewhere when I first spotted my plants symptoms that at week 5 plants tend to use more nutes.
Now as the problem seems to be getting worse I’m starting to think it’s actually nute burn instead of a deficiency.

I’m using Pro XL nutrients Following the supplied chart as I have done from day one.

3x 300watt led lights at 20” above canopy (one over each plant)

Middle fan leaves:
98AC9BF4-21B2-432C-9A72-CC6900D643C5.jpeg

5E67F6D2-6939-4AFD-938F-0415A5123F98.jpeg
11F7F4BF-2D6D-48CD-BDC2-4996F8BAE019.jpeg

5125F16B-9BB7-443D-A159-C356802671B6.jpeg
77B5BD01-4825-4926-A81E-E11A45760A37.jpeg

Lower fan leaves:
2E85A510-0676-438C-95ED-3863155A58A1.jpeg
3BDA4B14-6C08-4DD1-84DF-F074197574CC.jpeg

Overall they don’t seem to be doing too bad I just don’t want this problem getting worse.

This is them at week 5 flower a couple days after noticing the problem progressing.
0895A8A7-0454-40E7-A197-6F849AB8828F.jpeg

I hope someone can help me as I’m unsure if to flush them incase of nute burn or not. I don’t want to make the problem worse.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 79AA84CA-B8FC-415C-AF6D-BD7996633369.jpeg
    79AA84CA-B8FC-415C-AF6D-BD7996633369.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 39
Looking like a nute burn to me. I always give 1/2 of the manufacturer's recommended dose max or I would start seeing nute burn. I wouldn't run with just my opinion alone. I'd wait for a few more members to chime in on the subject before taking any action.

Thanks for your opinion, the more I think about it the more I’m convincing myself it is nute burn too, it’s strange that it’s not on all of the tips though, wouldn’t nute burn show more all-over rather than in a few specific places?

I wouldn't overthink it this far along. Make note and adjust for next time. Could be a dead zone in the air around that part of the plant, over fert, light burn, or cal mag deficiency. I've run more then a few lines full strength plus some so it's possible that strain is not the best suited for that line. Again, lots of variables but you've made it this far. Note it and don't sweat it now. Good luck

What is the pH going in and coming out? What is your feeding schedule? Personally I would flush with 1/4 strength nutes pH'd at 6.0.

Thanks for all your replies, I’ve just been and picked a few of the affected leaves to see what they’re like under normal light.

The ph is between 5.5-6.2 going in and normally around 6 coming out, haven’t checked the phone coming out for a while I’ll do that tomorrow on next feed.

Normal schedule has been water every 3 days but only every other water has nutes at full strength according to chart. I started giving nutes at full strength every water when I seen they were showing signs of problems thinking it was a deficiency of something.

Pic under normal light:
EFD0F939-D441-443A-B612-47C3742CF737.jpeg

The problem has started on the bottom large fan leaves and seems to be spreading upwards, only 10-20% of fab leaves seem to have marks and not all of them are quite as severe.
D537554A-5CD5-4401-A6CA-04109DB23242.jpeg
636D5D52-9056-4C6D-980A-FDF639DA6FA9.jpeg

A couple thoughts, when tips scorch on old growth its a potassium deficiency, & they use up more during flower. If blotchy chlorosis is seen on both old & new growth its a chlorine deficiency. When the stems are purple it means the plant needs phosphorous.

Thanks for the input! Any reconditions on which pesticide to get and steps to take? I’m in the uk is there any off the shelf stuff that’s good at a local diy?
Thanks

This is why you shouldn't grow under purple/pink lights... You can't see what's going on with your plants until it's too late, either that or you misdiagnose problems. Get some better lights mate.

Also... ditch the crop man. You CANNOT be spraying ANY PESTICIDES on plants THIS LATE IN FLOWER!!! If it happens earlier you can always reveg and cut a clone, but even then you risk infesting more plants.

If you can't control the problem using non-pesticides you're going to have to cut the plant and abort the crop. From the looks of it, they are pretty far gone and you're gonna have to cut it anyway. Do a really good job bombing the fuck out of that tent before you grow in it again, would hate to get thrips again... And make sure you do preventative maintenance next time.

You can use Neem oil at this stage. I wouldn't within 10-12 days of harvest. Presumably you'll be flushing before harvest, too.

That might fix you.

You've got some bugs. Green Cleaner is a tried and true insecticide that I use. And I'm aware of growers at dispensaries using it, in my state of MA. You can spray the day of harvest. It's that clean, but effective. Works well for mites which, like others have said, I'd guess you have. It's also good for spot treatments of PM or powdery mildew. Personally, I think all growers should have some in their kit.

You can get it on Amazon.
Few of those leaves aren't getting light, no worries at this point for an auto. Careful taking too many leaves they generate energy for the plant, even damaged. Look on the underside of the leaves for those munchers/mites. They'll web up on leaves, and eventually buds. Nasty things. Keep your grow space clean and stay preventative on all pests. Look into helpful bugs like lady bugs or even a mantis. If you grow you have to be responsible and preventative with insect control. ;)

Just my two + cents.

Good luck, enjoy the growing!

You can use Neem oil at this stage. I wouldn't within 10-12 days of harvest. Presumably you'll be flushing before harvest, too.

That might fix you.

Careful with neem in flower. Id never use it past week two, maybe. It's really best in veg. If I was going to use it later in flower id feed it through the soil/ medium and not via spraying.

I like it, I'm just nervous about using it in flower, at all.

Careful with neem in flower. Id never use it past week two, maybe. It's really best in veg. If I was going to use it later in flower id feed it through the soil/ medium and not via spraying.

I like it, I'm just nervous about using it in flower, at all.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind and research it a bit more. Happy to receive corrective info!

Thanks. I will keep that in mind and research it a bit more. Happy to receive corrective info!
Most of what I've learned has been the hard way. But. Usually it sticks!

Taste neem on flower after harvest, just once, and you'll wish you hadn't. It's harmful too.

You thank me, I thank those before me ;)

Thanks ;)

Back
Top Bottom