Nutrient advice needed

DTOM420

420 Member
I’m looking to do my first grow in Coco and I need lots of advice. Right now I’m trying to decide on a nutrient line. I’m fairly experienced at growing organically in soil and that’s really my passion but I’m changing jobs and my free time will be far less than it has been. So, I’m looking at trying a coco grow with a bottled nutrient line and a solid schedule that I can follow - something that’ll be less involved than what I’m currently doing and where I could (possibly) use a watering system that would allow me to miss a day in the garden occasionally. I’m really looking at AutoPots. I would much prefer to run 100% organics but I’m willing to try a non-organic line with a good flush. So, I’m hoping I can get some advice from some experienced coco growers. I’m not a fan of a FoxFarm or Advanced Nutrients so I don’t want to use their products. I’m considering using Nectar From The Gods but it is awfully expensive to run. Particularly their advanced or pro feed schedule with so many different products. I like them because they’re ALMOST organic, though; and I’ve sure seen some seriously dank medicine grown using their line. I’m seriously considering Remo Nutrients - it’s relatively affordable, pretty simple and seems to produce some really high grade medicine. Finally, I saw some large operations using a Dual Fuel from Green Planet that seems to do well; but I couldn’t find much info in regards to small grows.

I grow in a 4x4 veg tent and a 5x5 flower tent under 260w (true) LED and 640w (true)LED fixtures, respectively. I’m not setup for CO2 and I currently hand water. I’ll definitely continue to utilize biology by adding things like Recharge and Mammoth P to a liquid nute grow and I’m a big fan of foliar feeding micro nutrients. and biologicals for IPM. I know what the plants need but I’m not sure how to provide it from a bottle. I’m sure I could stumble about and pull off a grow but I’d rather not go that route because it’s expensive and always results is lower quality medicine due to deficiencies that always pop up when you stumble. Looking to follow a solid regimen that is known for its results.

Thanks to anyone who replies!

Here you go brother. the best coco growing thread known to man. from this wonderful site. I used this to get going and did very well.

I reckon coco is more work than soil FYI especially if you are hand watering. Some folks including myself have had good results with Dyna Gro nutes though I don't have a set schedule. They are relatively inexpensive and there's not a dozen bottles to mess with. They claim to be good for automatic type setups.. Anyways good luck with your grow!

I’m looking to do my first grow in Coco and I need lots of advice. Right now I’m trying to decide on a nutrient line. I’m fairly experienced at growing organically in soil and that’s really my passion but I’m changing jobs and my free time will be far less than it has been. So, I’m looking at trying a coco grow with a bottled nutrient line and a solid schedule that I can follow - something that’ll be less involved than what I’m currently doing and where I could (possibly) use a watering system that would allow me to miss a day in the garden occasionally. I’m really looking at AutoPots. I would much prefer to run 100% organics but I’m willing to try a non-organic line with a good flush. So, I’m hoping I can get some advice from some experienced coco growers. I’m not a fan of a FoxFarm or Advanced Nutrients so I don’t want to use their products. I’m considering using Nectar From The Gods but it is awfully expensive to run. Particularly their advanced or pro feed schedule with so many different products. I like them because they’re ALMOST organic, though; and I’ve sure seen some seriously dank medicine grown using their line. I’m seriously considering Remo Nutrients - it’s relatively affordable, pretty simple and seems to produce some really high grade medicine. Finally, I saw some large operations using a Dual Fuel from Green Planet that seems to do well; but I couldn’t find much info in regards to small grows.

I grow in a 4x4 veg tent and a 5x5 flower tent under 260w (true) LED and 640w (true)LED fixtures, respectively. I’m not setup for CO2 and I currently hand water. I’ll definitely continue to utilize biology by adding things like Recharge and Mammoth P to a liquid nute grow and I’m a big fan of foliar feeding micro nutrients. and biologicals for IPM. I know what the plants need but I’m not sure how to provide it from a bottle. I’m sure I could stumble about and pull off a grow but I’d rather not go that route because it’s expensive and always results is lower quality medicine due to deficiencies that always pop up when you stumble. Looking to follow a solid regimen that is known for its results.

Thanks to anyone who replies!
I use Plant Magic+. Cheapish compared to most but im in the UK and its a UK brand so maybe hard to get hold of your side of the water (if youre over that side lol) i swear by it though.

Coco is different than to be sure I have had two successful grows in coco since moving from soil. I use Canna A&B from veg thru flower with silicon as the only other nutrient added I grow under 600 watts of Vero 29 cob led my last harvest was 3 + pounds and my current grow I expect the harvest to be 2 lbs with two less plants
IMG_4241.JPG
IMG_4242.JPG

My grows are drain to waste so that must be considered other wise it is simple stupid to get great results and I am more on the simple side lol. I have another bag of buds that need to go on a rack identical to this with the same or more buds

Coco is different than to be sure I have had two successful grows in coco since moving from soil. I use Canna A&B from veg thru flower with silicon as the only other nutrient added I grow under 600 watts of Vero 29 cob led my last harvest was 3 + pounds and my current grow I expect the harvest to be 2 lbs with two less plants
IMG_4241.JPG
IMG_4242.JPG

My grows are drain to waste so that must be considered other wise it is simple stupid to get great results and I am more on the simple side lol. I have another bag of buds that need to go on a rack identical to this with the same or more buds

Hell Yeah! I got 24oz from 4 plants my first time. that was with coco. I probably won't bother with another medium.

IMG_4241.JPG
IMG_4242.JPG

That's some numbers mate! Some pretty huge buds too. How much did the LEDs skin you ? That's nearly 3 X what I can pull with 600w of blurps or HP's!
I need to get out of the stone age like. Those numbers make me sick lol.

I have 12 Cob's driven at 1400mA by 2 Meanwell drivers. It cost about 750 US dollars a year and a half ago prices haven't changed much but the technology is constantly changing. The latest and greatest are the Quantum Boards I'm not sure how they perform but a lot of people like them you should check out the lighting forum under grow at the top of the page there is a lot of information there

I have 12 Cob's driven at 1400mA by 2 Meanwell drivers. It cost about 750 US dollars a year and a half ago prices haven't changed much but the technology is constantly changing. The latest and greatest are the Quantum Boards I'm not sure how they perform but a lot of people like them you should check out the lighting forum under grow at the top of the page there is a lot of information there
I can get the 12 cobs for £230 uk lol. Wire them up with the drivers etc from the mars lights. I've got 6 X 240w panels so just need to figure out how many cobs is best per panel . Don't suppose you know how to work that out mate?

I can get the 12 cobs for £230 uk lol. Wire them up with the drivers etc from the mars lights. I've got 6 X 240w panels so just need to figure out how many cobs is best per panel . Don't suppose you know how to work that out mate?

Sorry to butt in, but are planning to gut an existing LED light and use the parts to build your cob light? if so, that's awesome lol.

Sorry to butt in, but are planning to gut an existing LED light and use the parts to build your cob light? if so, that's awesome lol.
Yeah mate it's pretty straight forward thankfully. Just need a soldering iron, couple bits of wire and a sheet of aluminium.... And a friend who's a sparky cos I'll still burn the house down lol.
It is really easy to do, video only lasts 10 minuits by gromau5 but still rather get someone qualified to do it. Have to wait 5 weeks or so till my autos are done before I can splash a bit. Not long to go though. Been thinking about doing it for ages. Never realised the lights were so cheap or I would've done it sooner. :)

Yeah mate it's pretty straight forward thankfully. Just need a soldering iron, couple bits of wire and a sheet of aluminium.... And a friend who's a sparky cos I'll still burn the house down lol.
It is really easy to do, video only lasts 10 minuits by gromau5 but still rather get someone qualified to do it. Have to wait 5 weeks or so till my autos are done before I can splash a bit. Not long to go though. Been thinking about doing it for ages. Never realised the lights were so cheap or I would've done it sooner. :)

That's fantastic. I have 2x 480w mars lights, i might try this one day. also if i can find a friend who's knows electric. b/c i don't.

I'm a big fan of autopots (as most have probably noticed by now lol) ,they are great for the lazy/time straped grower like myself... you say you don't like advanced nutrients? That's what I use :D I will urge caution when using organic nutes with autopots though, in my experience they tend to have lots of bits which love clogging pipes/filters and aqua valves.
Oh and :welcome:

I do know actually. First you will need the forward voltage of the model cob you are using so you can match the driver to it
next you will need to know the drivers output voltage this will determine how many cobs you can wire to one driver depending on the drivers you will have to wire the cobs in either series or parallel. I run my 12 cobs on two Meanwell HLG - 320H - C1400A drivers rated at 229V constant voltage and 1400mA. So 6 Vero 29's @36.7 volts = a total voltage of
220.2 V this is less than the 229 volts the drive puts out and gives me an efficiency rating of 96%.
If you want to post the specs of your cobs and drivers I can help you work out the configuration provided they are compatable

I'm a big fan of autopots (as most have probably noticed by now lol) ,they are great for the lazy/time straped grower like myself... you say you don't like advanced nutrients? That's what I use :D I will urge caution when using organic nutes with autopots though, in my experience they tend to have lots of bits which love clogging pipes/filters and aqua valves.
Oh and :welcome:

Thanks man! I think I’m going to step away from the organic grow for a cycle. I’ve got a big outdoor garden that’s KNF and ACT style organics and a good stockpile of medicine. It’s a perfect time to try something different. AN has too many components for my taste - I wanted something more simple. But my big problem with them is that they epically failed in product testing by the State of Oregon’s agriculture a while back. Their biological product (I forget the name) was tested and the things they claimed it contained was completely devoid of those things. Not lower levels of the various microbes....but “NONE” Detected! Lol! For the price they charge for products, I just can’t support that kind of behavior. Even though I know plenty of people have success with it. That’s kinda what led me to Remo Nutrients - knowing he had part in the formulation of AN but his products ARE tested by Canadian authorities. And his system is simpler and less expensive. I’m banking that they may be very similar to AN.

Also, I thought I heard something about AN being bought out by Hawthorne or Monsanto or one of those other evil giants. I refuse to patronize companies that sell out to them. I ‘get’ why they do it but I just won’t support them once the big company gets them. Just my small resistance to big ag and the makers/supporters of glyphosate.

I completely get your point.. I'm not loyal to AN, just what I've always used and had good results, i like the fact its already ph stablized too.
I'm willing to try something new though :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom