New gardener needs advice, couple of queries

WilsonGardener

420 Member
Hello all, been all over this site for ages but just registered as I’m in need of some help.... I’m on my first grow and it’s going great (I think), really enjoying it but I have just seen a couple of potential issues that I need some help and advice on...
I think I have a potential hermaphrodide in my garden (big momma) she’s been going great and just about to go onto 12/12 and notice some time ball-ish things on the main stem. I will quarantine grow if you guys confirm what I’m thinking and harvest bud and seeds when she’s done. (This will he photos 1,2 & 3 if it lets me upload)

2nd, I have one plant showing some signs of stress which I can’t put my finger on... she’s being treated the same as the rest with good attention and care but obviously with this being my first grow, there’s obviously somethings I may not be up to scratch on. I have conditions optimum in my garden with temp, humidity, water and nutes ph’s and I’m following the canna nutes program to the number but there’s obviously something I’m missing out on. (I’ll put this photo in as number 4).

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated and hopefully I’ll hear back from someone in the know soon.

Please don’t comment unless you are here to help, I don’t want to be sifting through reblogs of your tag or people saying hey, no offence I’ve just noticed it quite abit on here and I do genuinely want some rapid help.

Thanks everyone and hopefully the community can sort these two issues for me

4BC8E4D5-07C3-4FA8-92CB-86D6D186A5EF.jpeg
C2FD2999-D596-402E-AAC0-4DC39661C34C.jpeg
383BC098-4221-4000-B71A-298A1BC641FE.jpeg
B7DDFDFD-9C25-4BD9-9359-3915944AC822.jpeg

Your pics have some relate to my same grow now and this is also first indoor grow of mine. I can tell you now you definitely have some stress going on their by your leaves color and I would really check for bananas as I found a few on a couple plants of mine and just sprayed with ph water before lights off on the infected colas before pulling them off with tweezers so that it doesn’t spread pollen if opened. What kind of lights are you using? I had light stress that caused my issue that I’m pretty sure of after sitting in my closet for 15 min to let eyes adjust I found a small light leak on a couple branch’s very noticeable and for some reason the small forming buds at the bottom by the light leak turned brown. Also no signs of balls on any part of plants that I can find so that being said that’s where I come to my opinion on light stress!

Attachments

• 11013975-C23B-42BF-B460-44DFAFC1C2A2.jpeg
    11013975-C23B-42BF-B460-44DFAFC1C2A2.jpeg
    645.6 KB · Views: 178
Hey bro, thanks for the warm welcome
If you have a zoom on pics one and two there’s some time balls on the stem which is what concerns me....

and nope I have grown all from fem seeds, big crop of sat and two o think must have been fem’d freebies indica (big mommaas seen here and I have a smaller (lil momma) counter part) haha has them on veg for 8/9 weeks including germinating and moving over to 12/12 this week so on them like a hawk everyday tying to keep them happy and healthy....

Your pics have some relate to my same grow now and this is also first indoor grow of mine. I can tell you now you definitely have some stress going on their by your leaves color and I would really check for bananas as I found a few on a couple plants of mine and just sprayed with ph water before lights off on the infected colas before pulling them off with tweezers so that it doesn’t spread pollen if opened. What kind of lights are you using? I had light stress that caused my issue that I’m pretty sure of after sitting in my closet for 15 min to let eyes adjust I found a small light leak on a couple branch’s very noticeable and for some reason the small forming buds at the bottom by the light leak turned brown. Also no signs of balls on any part of plants that I can find so that being said that’s where I come to my opinion on light stress!

Hey dude. My place is completely dark when In off mode and I’m extremely careful if I need to go in at that period for quick maintenance checks etc which are as little asI can, I’m on 1000w LED’s and the plant with the dis colour and weak looking leaves isthe only one with that issue.... it’s in and amongst a load of that touch wood don’t seem to look like this.... I have just thinned them all so thought it my be stress from that but weird it’s just that one

Sorry bro I don't see it. I'd just keep a eye on it. If it is a Herm could seed out the crop. Good luck

Well let’s hope I’m just overly worried due to my first time, I’ll definitely be keeping a close eye on it....

what are your thoughts on pic 4? Any ideas of what could be the issue with this one?

Hi all and those are not hermie plants. No nanners in any pics provided above from anyone. I would but do not have a good pic. If someone has a good pic to show please post.

Absolutely buzzing as this seems to be a good consensus and I’ll will definitely keep an eye on her and post pics if she changes at all..... any ideas on picture 4 as I do t want to loose this lady?

Wicked, appreciate the reply.
What are you thoughts on my other lady who’s looking unwell. need help diagnosing... just this one out of the whole garden that’s not happy....
2FDFD513-BE8E-4F05-BBDF-C5A0C374ED8A.jpeg

I’m going to need some more info for plant health advice.

First off, can you take some pictures in natural lighting?
Medium your using...
Nutrients...
Input pH...

I wa
Hey dude. My place is completely dark when In off mode and I’m extremely careful if I need to go in at that period for quick maintenance checks etc which are as little asI can, I’m on 1000w LED’s and the plant with the dis colour and weak looking leaves isthe only one with that issue.... it’s in and amongst a load of that touch wood don’t seem to look like this.... I have just thinned them all so thought it my be stress from that but weird it’s just that one
I hear ya on the lights seems like that’s all good for you then, but it could be a long list of things it could be. I’m not sure if this helps or if your using Epsom salts but either by your camera lighting It could help out if it’s a deficiency in the plant. Happy growing my friend!

I’m going to need some more info for plant health advice.

First off, can you take some pictures in natural lighting?
Medium your using...
Nutrients...
Input pH...

not sure I can with the natural lighting as my setup doesn’t have any room for normal lights but I may be able to get another pic of it not directly under the led....

using coco pro in fabric pots
Canna program nutes
Ph at 5.7 with nutes

I usually shut my lights off and hold a little 2’ veg light up for pictures.

Are you following the feed ratios, what is your watering schedule?

Ok I’ll try that for the pics and yes following the ratios to the tee and usually 1ltr cup once a day or when the plant feels light in weight which varies from either every day or every day and half
You should be watering 1/4 strength at least once a day in coco.
I see Chris tell that to folks like a broken record. Lol! Just a heads up.

Back
Top Bottom