New Grower - State of the Art System - Will Undoubtedly Need Advice

sean318

Hello all,

I am a first-time, legal medical cannabis grower in the state of California. I have been surfing this forum for a while now and have finally decided to get started on my first grow. The only "real" experience I have had has been my vegetable garden in my back yard, but I am hoping with the input from you grow-pro's, plus the info from the books I have read, that I can have a very successful first harvest. here are the details:

(6) Advanced LED DS800 Grow Lights
(1) Flo-n-Gro hydroponic system by Titan Controls
(4) Flo-n-Gro expansion kits (for a grand total of 48 plants)
(1) 120 gallon reservoir
(4) 8.5 inch airstones (for reservoir, obviously)
(1) propane C02 generator
(1) Dehumidifier
(1) Portable A/C unit
(1) Heater
(1) iponic 614 plus remote communication module (formerly known as the iponic600)
(1) activeaqua 1/2hp reservoir chiller

plus the following from Advanced Nutrients:

ph perfect sensi grow a&b
ph perfect connoisseur a&b
bud ignitor
voodoo juice
big bud
bud candy

014373.JPG

011492.JPG

just got room set-up, more to come in the next week or two...PLEASE STAY TUNED!!!

Re: New Grower, state of the art system, will undoubtedly need advice...

Great job! First timer here to. Wow you spared no expense. I thought I took it a bit far. Lol. Defiantly. Be watching.

Very nice looking setup and welcome to 420 Magazine! This forum is awesome with all the good people here, hope you find this your new home!!! I would suggest in your grow room adding some white paint or mylar to the red/brick red wall, the white ones will reflect a lot of light but the red one will not. Just will help spread those awesome LED lights a little further :) Cant wait to see this one going!!! Awesome setup!

So here is how you get started :)

Here are some useful links that will help you learn about growing, and how to get it right the first time :)
First rule of thumb is, do the research first, if you can't find the answer anywhere, then ask. I can almost gurantee that
The question has been asked before. There are tons of resources and kind and knowledgeable growers at 420 magazine
and I am sure you will find it a great home!

Make sure to check out the forum rules and guidelines. We have a great community here and I welcome you to check out..
Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Are you new to growing and don't know where to start, here is a link that will teach you everything you need to know :)
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

If you couldn't find what your looking for in the last link, you can find many of your answers by visiting The Grow Room.
THE GROW ROOM

Do you have sick plants that need answers, check out our Problems, Pest's and Disease control forum at
Problems, Pests & Disease Control

Another great way to get started in your new membership is by starting a grow journal. This allows you to document your grow, add photo's
and share your experience with all of us!! Remember to be detailed, so if you run into problems we can help you fix them and have a successful
grow :)
How to Make a Grow Journal
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Are you looking to purchase new growing equipment, nutrients, growing or smoking accessories, check out our sponsors!
As a member you can take advantage of specials that are run time to time :)
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE

Well I hope you enjoy exploring our wonderful community and feel free to make yourself home :)

By the way, don't forget to check out the monthly contests where you can vote, enter, and win prizes!
420 Contests

nice indoor garden u got there:thumb:

U say u grown vegetables outdoors, that is a great experience at starting point for growing cannabis :hookah:

What strain/strains u gonna grow?

I'll be growing Critical Kush

sean,

why only one strain?

Good luck for a first timer with that big a grow. I bet it's gonna keep you busy.

Reading journals, and a little research will have you growing some superb plants in no time.

sean,

why only one strain?

Good luck for a first timer with that big a grow. I bet it's gonna keep you busy.

Reading journals, and a little research will have you growing some superb plants in no time.

Hash Hound,

I decided to grow only one strain this go-around because I'm just not confident that I would be able to balance the individual needs/problems of multiple strains. I want to be able to focus on one strain on this grow and then slowly add more strains with each grow.

Hey Guys....

Sorry I've been out of the loop so long. When I last posted, It was right before going on vacation, and when I got back was supposed to get a (legal) issue completely taken care of before I started...Well, it didn't work out that way.

But not to worry!

I am still doing the grow, just at a new, remote location.

I will still be using all the same equipment EXCEPT instead of the flo-n-gro, Im going soil.

Why you may ask?

Well, To use the flo-n-gro, I want to be able to check on it constantly for any leaks or clogs. As this new location is about a 40 minute drive away, and I am also a full time student and part time worker, as well as other miscellaneous responsabilities and tasks to complete and attend every week, I just cant be sure i'll be able to make it over there every single day, so I figure soil would help to give me a little more breathing room.
Plus, I'm still going to use the room I setup at my house to grow as well (April at the latest), and I want to use the Flo-n-Gro at my house
Anyways, I'm picking up the soil from a local hydro store on Friday (40 cu ft of Fox Farm Potting Soil), and my 5 gallon fabric grow pots should be in by then as well. So if all goes well, I will be germinating seeds Superbowl Sunday!

Ive also decided to grow half critical kush, half liberty haze (24 each).

My PAR meter will be here in a couple of days as well, so I can get some accurate readings on those LED'S and post it up here for anyone who is interested or considering getting some.

A few new shots: (orchids and pineapple). Hung the lights all the way up, just to fuck around and test them out...

Veg
11881.jpg

Bloom
21444.jpg

Full Power
31293.jpg

Orchids
4956.jpg

5746.jpg

6652.jpg

I should have some shots of the new room sunday/monday

(and I'll have a REAL camera too, not an iphone!)

Whats up Guys...

Sorry for the delay (again), The grow is underway though, I sprouted my seeds back on February 16th. Aside from the Liberty Haze and Critical Kush, I added in some Sour Diesel as well and have that going in a Scrog. Also picked up three other clones for mother plants, so now I currently have 6 (added blueberry, skywalker og, girl scout cookies) Here are some pictures to help you catch up on whats been going on...
SAM_00322.JPG

SAM_00462.JPG

SAM_00583.JPG

SAM_00593.JPG

SAM_00534.JPG

SAM_00515.JPG

SAM_00503.JPG

SAM_00673.JPG

SAM_00684.JPG

SAM_00712.JPG

SAM_00722.JPG

SAM_00761.JPG

SAM_00731.JPG

SAM_00812.JPG

SAM_00803.JPG

SAM_00852.JPG

SAM_00973.JPG

SAM_00986.JPG

SAM_00913.JPG

SAM_00942.JPG

SAM_01002.JPG

SAM_01014.JPG

SAM_0079.JPG

SAM_00781.JPG

SAM_00771.JPG

IMG_001848.JPG

IMG_002247.JPG

IMG_001644.JPG

IMG_001747.JPG

IMG_004431.JPG

IMG_004532.JPG

IMG_004629.JPG

IMG_004732.JPG

IMG_004831.JPG

IMG_004941.JPG

IMG_005132.JPG

IMG_005723.JPG

IMG_005923.JPG

IMG_006031.JPG

IMG_008624.JPG

IMG_007421.JPG

IMG_007222.JPG

IMG_007119.JPG

IMG_007026.JPG

IMG_006826.JPG

IMG_006527.JPG

IMG_006322.JPG

IMG_006125.JPG

IMG_010029.JPG

IMG_009923.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom