New guy In town

SlowBurnToker

420 Member
Long time lurker first time poster . It’s about time I join the group and get my learnin on . I’m Slowburn . Been growing for about a year now . I’m on my second grow now . From clone of my last harvest I have a pineapple chunk clone 7 weeks flowering tomorrow .
I use a 3x3 with a 600w air cooled digi ballast with 450 cfm fan . I use advanced nutrients gmb and that’s it until I can afford a little bit more but I’m willing to take the baby steps .

Let me know how to get successful image.jpgE7C98CB6-5EC5-4E7C-BE85-A94751031FA1.jpeg

Welcome SlowBurn!! You should consider starting a grow journal. It’s a great way to get pointers and meet some of our talented members. Your girl is looking great, keep up the hard work!!

Welcome! You will probably love this place - I do. Everyone is extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. I'm too new to think myself able to teach anyone, but if you have questions about your grow, I will try to help or steer you in the right direction. I do indoor growing and cloning in hydroponics.

Nah ,they are not any more mystical to grow than the countless hybrids. If you can grow them you can grow a landrace strain. The only difference is that they are not quite as readily available as the hybrids are. That said, they are becoming more available/popular all the time. The reason I like them better is because of two main reasons among a few others. 1st, I find that landrace strains are pretty much the only pure sativa you can get anymore. I love sativa. It makes me alert, creative, and in an overall good mood. Also, they are the plants responsible for euphoric and "trippy" stones. They don't always do that, but when you get some that do.... Well, that's a real treat. Indicas are awesome for killing pain and relaxiation. But they don't do it for me during waking hours. No bueno.

The second reason I like landrace strains is that they haven't been bred to lower CBD and other good cannabinoids in the quest for higher THC levels. It is widely believed that when together, these other cannabinoids act in a synergistic way to make the high more complete/intense. It is sometimes called the "entourage effect." We are also discovering that these other cannabinoids are also beneficial to us in other ways we are just beginning to understand.

@Pinktiger777 I already love it here and any information is always welcome for the masses . Remember when you were a lurker trying to learn . Well I’m always willing to learn and try new techniques .
@Scottsquatch i love the energetic feeling that a good Sativa gives me in the morning. But as you mentioned it’s hard to get pure strains and for a good price . Hybrids are so readily available for cheaper prices . I’ve always been a little bit weary of sativas and the godforbidden stretch as I love a long veg and lst

Check out Ace seeds my friend. Awesome source of many landrace strains. Both sativa and indica. Also, they make a lot of F1 hybrids crossing landrace strains together. You should check them out. I wish I'd known about them earlier. I'm sitting on a ton of Indica dominant hybrids now... I'll still grow and smoke them, but as a nighttime smoke, I probably won't need to buy any more for many years to come. Go check out Ace seeds. You won't be sorry. Seedsman carries most of their gear too.

Back
Top Bottom