New Member - Old Grower - From Canada!

Re: New member old grower :) From Canada!

Central Canada here ;). I've lived all over as my father is in the military. What a beautiful country :).

Thanks for the compliments! I know they're a bit stretched because I didn't figure out light distances until becoming a member just the other week. I've done about 8 grows but only had a couple successes and I consider this run to be the final run of doing this part time. From here on in im giving my undivided attention.

I'm having a hard time finding decent nutirents up here seeing as it's so facking cold. Not to many places have the Flora series I'm after. So I'm stuck with this shiot. Do you think I should even use it? Is it doing anything?
And I appreciate the info about the light cycle. I've always done it at 24 hours light. And for a LONG TIME. Sometime a month. It only makes sense that they need time to sleep. Just like anything else.
Thanks for paying attention! I've got a new journal starting tomorrow as I have 5 new seeds on the way and it's time to prep for them :)

can you not order in nutrients?? a solid base line will work wonders,Use what you have,they have to eat

back in the 80s all we really had was MG and it works,but it does take some time to figure it out.

if this is a hobby now,and you want to put your best foot forward,start with buying a good quality ph pen and ppm/ec meter,you can have answers in seconds as to what is going on inside the plant..

You've got me on the hunt. Only downside is the kick in the ass shipping. However I have found a place local that may have everything. I'll take a run tonight and have a look. Thanks for the inspiration!

Good morning! Just checking in on the grow room. I've been doing s lot of work preparing for the next batch of seeds, should be arriving today. I will start a new journal once all my seeds are here and I'm ready to begin the new grow.

As for now I'm just finishing up with the Hogg. She's day 35/55.

Really starting to notice the issues surrounding my light distances. Because I had my light so far away she stretch tall and skinny. When I walked in this morning the 2 low laying branches were almost lying straight down. So I've tied them up.

Ideally I don't want to have all this string tied to my plants because a strong healthy plant doesn't need to be tied down! But here they are
image16765.jpg

Nothing much to report. This close to harvest I'm just counting down the days to chop er down

Temps look good. With everything considered, the colas are looking pretty good!

I'm a little discouraged because of the stretch going on. But I sure hope she'll yeild a nice fare bit.

Any guesses as to how much I'll get off this skinny lady?

wheres the pictures bossman??

to avoid future stretching,start studying lst,topping,and defiol techniques,all needed for photo-period plants,autos?? dont mess with them,they just grow

I did top her once. But it was my first time so I didn't do anything crazy. Even my first time defiol. What is LST?

I do enjoy working with just the fems only because it's what I know.

As for lighting, I have learned a lot over the last couple days on this site. I don't think it will be an issue anymore!

pictures are up top

for ease of readers,put them in the last line so the thread drops down

the burnt ends are from over feeding at some point,how is the humdity?,the reason they curl are various,bugs heat humidity they go into protection mode

remember all plant food is divisible within each other,so your 15-30-15 is really 1-2-1,as I said the easy formula is 3-2-1 in veg and 1-2-3 in flower. look at it in parts,,,I use a 3 part base(jungle juice) so it has micro,grow bloom,just for conversation i would mix it
15ml grow 10ml micro and 5ml bloom and then when its time to flower,just reverse it,5ml grow,10ml micro 15ml bloom

how big is that room?? have you ever thought about closing it off and hanging mylar/panda in front of the plant??

Thanks so much for your attention C526!
I have thought about sectioning* it into a more decisive grow area but the only reason I have it out here is because it out grew my cabinet (wouldn't have happened if I had my light set to a good distance). So it was just thrown together at the last minute to give her a spot to grow.the exact dimensions are 10x7'
I'm still looking for nutirents. Is there a sponsor to this website that would be reliable for me to purchase them from?

I know the feeling of,oh shit outta room,A 10x7 would have no trouble using 5k in lights, in my journal,I have a box that I curtain off to keep most of the light reflecting,I Just swapped it out for a small led instead

go and find a member called greenthumbj,he has some great threads,introduce yourself and he is in Vancouver so he would be able to help in getting nutrients north of the boarder

I trust all sponsors on here,the ones I have used have been flawless.

That's awesome C. Your too kind to take the time to help a guy out! So I send much thanks to you! It's people like yourself that really help make this community thrive. So thank you

I've see GreenThumb around. Knows his shit!! I will drop a line!

Thanks again. I'm getting excited to start a journal on my next grow so my knowledge can continue to flourish!!!

no sweat man,I treat all bean droppers the same,whether its first time or 50 year guys,

the only stupid questions,are those that aren't asked.

Shit so I was so excited to order seeds I foolishly ordered two Autos. And I know nothing about growing them in terms of light cycles.

There auto tutenkhon and auto anesthesia. Fuck!

I'm not to sure where to begin. Really should have read through that shit carefully but ordering seeds can be so overwhelming when you don't know what your looking for exactly

no question man,buying seeds is a process

get what fits your needs,get something that grows easy,pest/disease resistant

LST= low stress training,its how guys get short and wide plants

topping I do at the 5th node and after they split,I top again ever5th node,1 branch turns to 2 and by the end,instead of 1 huge cola,ya get 30 smaller ones.

only advice i can give on autos? they dont like to be messed with,they dont take well too,trimming and transplant they only have a certain life span,they will flower under 24/7 most guys do 20/4 or 18/6

start them in the final container

Ok, pretty simple start. So I probably shouldn't top her eh? Just let her do her thing?

Edit :: your a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks for helpin me :) you deserve every bit of that nomination!! Best of luck!

topping lst fimming all of that needs to be done as the plant is vegging,as your in flower all you can do is finish out the ride

thanks for the words,I do this just,well I dont know,but i have fun,and man there is some great people here,a strangers nomination makes well worth it

NEVER top an auto,dont take cuttings, dont stress her, because of the limited life span any stress kills off yield,

they grow like baby xmas trees,unless you get a freak like wildjim,he maybe the first pounder auto Ive ever watched

in a good world I would grow them,10 plants 10 different kinds of smoke

Back
Top Bottom