Newbie As Newbie Can Get!

Hard to see what’s going on in the pics provided. They look good so far, but I couldn’t really tell where you pinched it.
Yeah...I kept trying to get better pics, but wasn't happening. Was going to go outside where there is much better light, but it was torrential rain today ⛈️️️☔I will try again tomorrow. I pinched right at the tippy top, and took off my 2 lowest leaves. My weedbaby seems a bit happier and absolutely loved the rainwater today. ️ I'm moving her to a bigger pot Friday, and giving her a feeding that day too.

Okay, I'm all caught up, Curls. Your plant looks nice, now to keep it that way!

If you are going to up-pot you may want to consider putting her in some better soil or another grow medium, like Promix. I don't know what kind of soil you are using since you only describe it as "potting soil," but there are some nice soils out there that work well on these plants. I often use Fox Farms Ocean Forest, for example. There are many others.

Also, have you decided what kind of nutrients you are going to use, if any?

And last, keep good notes on your grow, what you feed the plants, when and how much. How much you water and when. At the end you will have a valuable resource for future grows.

Good luck to you and happy growing! :Rasta:

Okay, I'm all caught up, Curls. Your plant looks nice, now to keep it that way!

If you are going to up-pot you may want to consider putting her in some better soil or another grow medium, like Promix. I don't know what kind of soil you are using since you only describe it as "potting soil," but there are some nice soils out there that work well on these plants. I often use Fox Farms Ocean Forest, for example. There are many others.

Also, have you decided what kind of nutrients you are going to use, if any?

And last, keep good notes on your grow, what you feed the plants, when and how much. How much you water and when. At the end you will have a valuable resource for future grows.

Good luck to you and happy growing! :Rasta:

Hi there, thanks bunches for swinging on by! I'm def putting her in new soil with the repotting on friday, for sure. Going to invest in good soil, heavy on nitro from what I've been reading. (Which by the way....ummm..urine?!!) I also have been looking at gear for the winter along with much needed seeds cuz I don't have any. Great idea about notes, I will start that today. I've been scrambling to get things in order and learn as much as possible ever since I found this weedbaby. Can't wait for payday!! :slide: will post new pics Friday :thanks:

Going to invest in good soil, heavy on nitro from what I've been reading.

Be sure to stay away from general potting mixes that come with slow-release fertiliser/nutrients in them. You won't be able to control the amount of nutes being released to the plant. And if things go badly, you won't be able to get rid of the nutes in the soil easily, or at all!

@Grand Daddy Black already pointed out some of the most popular brands that people use - there's plenty to choose from!

For nutes, once again, the options can be overwhelming. MegaCrop seems to be a pretty universal favourite here.

Take a deep breath, and take your time deciding!

:p

Hi everyone! :hug:Sooooo..I've been researching/reading about soil and fertilizer types and methods to get ready for my weedbaby's repotting and feeding Friday. How overwhelming! The soil formulations were confusing for a bit. So many sources...so much info, so many different opinions. As for waterings/feedings I really dig the compost tea, sprout teas, and fish tank water. I'm also digging the diluted urine thing..but I'm on meds, so that is not an option. fascinating concept though. I was planning on buying a mini composting bin for my garden anyway, I will do that before next spring. I was zeroing in on advanced nutrients for vegetative stage. Megacrop is sold out on a lot of sites. One thing is for sure: weedbaby is getting a fabric pot, good soil and a feeding on Friday. I've already been bending it around to prepare it for training. Weedbaby has new growth where I pinched her, and new growth tips at each node..so that is encouraging? I'm a nervous Nellie. Lol. I Will take Pics on Friday. Happy hump day everyone!

Hi everyone! :hug:Sooooo..I've been researching/reading about soil and fertilizer types and methods to get ready for my weedbaby's repotting and feeding Friday. How overwhelming! The soil formulations were confusing for a bit. So many sources...so much info, so many different opinions. As for waterings/feedings I really dig the compost tea, sprout teas, and fish tank water. I'm also digging the diluted urine thing..but I'm on meds, so that is not an option. fascinating concept though. I was planning on buying a mini composting bin for my garden anyway, I will do that before next spring. I was zeroing in on advanced nutrients for vegetative stage. Megacrop is sold out on a lot of sites. One thing is for sure: weedbaby is getting a fabric pot, good soil and a feeding on Friday. I've already been bending it around to prepare it for training. Weedbaby has new growth where I pinched her, and new growth tips at each node..so that is encouraging? I'm a nervous Nellie. Lol. I Will take Pics on Friday. Happy hump day everyone!

Good work on doing all that research!

Pity about MC being sold out.. I guess everyone gobbled it up for lockdown lol!

Advanced Nutrients has a good rep! You'll be good to go I'm sure.

Haha I also wanna try compost teas and living soil but it's pretty daunting to me. I think unless someone prepares the soil for me it might be a bit too much to get my head around! Maybe when I'm more experienced..

That is actually the only thing i'm confident with because I've done it with my regular garden. Lol. I'm hearing good things about the advanced nutrients. Yeah, I guess everyone is bored and prepping for lockdown..(omg auto correct almost put lickdown!! Lmfaooooo) What week is your plant in? I forgot. But I think we are almost the same.

That is actually the only thing i'm confident with because I've done it with my regular garden. Lol. I'm hearing good things about the advanced nutrients. Yeah, I guess everyone is bored and prepping for lockdown..(omg auto correct almost put lickdown!! Lmfaooooo) What week is your plant in? I forgot. But I think we are almost the same.

Ahhh I see that makes sense then! Great that you have some experience already.

My plants are actually older than they look - they had a slow start growing outside in winter (during the day) before my lights came. They are about 6 or 7 weeks I think?

Ahhh I see that makes sense then! Great that you have some experience already.

My plants are actually older than they look - they had a slow start growing outside in winter (during the day) before my lights came. They are about 6 or 7 weeks I think?

My weedbaby will be 4 weeks old on Saturday I should totally google some pics of 4 week old sativa to see if my weed baby is on target , get a better idea of what is normal growth for 4 week old....off I go lol

What youre seeing is branches, which will now grow quickly since topping redistributes the hormone auxin. [Auxin is a hormone that travels to the top of plants and collects there saying, this is top we grow here.

For sexing, You will look between that side branch and the stipule. Which is the green leafy looking spear at every node.

One of these pics is female, one is not. The stipules are very large in both pics. When sexing, remember to look for preflow3rs between the stipule and new branch base, where the fan leaf peotle/stem connects to main stem. Sometimes they are tiny and hide behind the stipule.

Attachments

• 20200609_201607.jpg
    20200609_201607.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200616_234509.jpg
    20200616_234509.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 47
Hi there @Bondage :ciao:

I fed my weedbaby for the first time on June 22nd (I found it on June 13) I used what I had on hand, which was super thrive. I'm planning on feeding again tomorrow and repotting in good soil. It has been torrential rain here since Monday, so the plant is watered well to say the least, with the plant looking very happy after the first day. Not so much after the 3rd day..lol. so weedbaby was taken inside to the bathroom windowsill. It will be going back outside today for some much needed sun to dry out. It is supposed to be in the high 80's today. Yes, I noticed today that the bottom does seem to be a lighter green than the top. It's going in new soil tomorrow (waiting till payday to buy all my good soil, food, digital meter, etc. Etc.) I've been bending the plant every day because I do plan on LST. I pinched it recently and removed bottom leaves. Several posts back I posted some great close ups of the nodes and those teeny tiny growth tips..not to sex it cuz I know it's too early, but to ask if that is where I will check for sexing when it reaches that stage. Out of the 2 pics you posted: female on the left ? I see a little ball on the right pic? Am I correct? Lol. I plan on posting new pics tomorrow after repotting.
:thanks:

Hi there @Bondage :ciao:

I fed my weedbaby for the first time on June 22nd (I found it on June 13) I used what I had on hand, which was super thrive. I'm planning on feeding again tomorrow and repotting in good soil. It has been torrential rain here since Monday, so the plant is watered well to say the least, with the plant looking very happy after the first day. Not so much after the 3rd day..lol. so weedbaby was taken inside to the bathroom windowsill. It will be going back outside today for some much needed sun to dry out. It is supposed to be in the high 80's today. Yes, I noticed today that the bottom does seem to be a lighter green than the top. It's going in new soil tomorrow (waiting till payday to buy all my good soil, food, digital meter, etc. Etc.) I've been bending the plant every day because I do plan on LST. I pinched it recently and removed bottom leaves. Several posts back I posted some great close ups of the nodes and those teeny tiny growth tips..not to sex it cuz I know it's too early, but to ask if that is where I will check for sexing when it reaches that stage. Out of the 2 pics you posted: female on the left ? I see a little ball on the right pic? Am I correct? Lol. I plan on posting new pics tomorrow after repotting.
:thanks:

Love the plan!

Back
Top Bottom