Newbie As Newbie Can Get!

Repotting Day. IDK. I had to wait till today to do it. My poor slender palm tree. But from what I'm reading all Sativa look like this? I might have taken too much...but bottom leaves were turning yellow. My weedbaby went in new soil today...sent hubby out for the soil and food...this is the pic of the label from the food. (Facepalm) why can't hubby get what I ask for? Sigh....so I'm making the best of it. My weedbaby is back outside. It's been non stop rain..and now temps went wayyyy up after days of torrential rain. It's anywhere from high 80's to closer to 70 overnight. Weedbaby is in full sun all day. Humidity has been high. Yuk! Soooo..do you think my weedbaby will pull through? I'm so bummed. It's still standing straight...I'm hoping it will adapt. I started watering with fishtank water. (I read that is very good for sativa...true?) Fishtank water is WNL..tested for chlorine, etc..and is clean. So I feel good about that choice. Idk what to think...weedbaby has a light purple flush of color on inside stems...(I tried to get a good pic..see pics) what's that about? Normal? I need a therapist for this shit, for real. Syenite...I'm looking at you...lol...we a mess.. I took a pic of the roots..they were larger than I expected..I'm used to fine white hairy roots..these seemed strong..am I right? I took a few pics from the top and side after trimming. I do see new growth on the tippy top where I pinched before. Soooo..give it to me straight...i will take a few shots..you guys think weedbaby will pull through? I mean...this was a total surprise..I had only since June 13th to run and get everything. I need a pH meter, grow tent and light. In case weedbaby pulls through for the winter. Much love guys for any advice, comments,support,etc etc..

IMG_20200706_163943_7.jpg
IMG_20200707_020532_3.jpg
IMG_20200707_020651_0.jpg
IMG_20200707_020711_7.jpg
IMG_20200707_020532_3.jpg
IMG_20200707_020651_0.jpg
IMG_20200707_020711_7.jpg

Better pics on my other device..will upload them now...just wanted to get the root pic , side pics and top pic up. BRB.

Ok...I'm on my other device . here is a pic of the label...hhmm..can't tell if it is from the soil or the food..? I also took better pics of weed baby. If you look close, you can see the flush of light purple, teeny tiny growth tips, and the slight droop/yellowing of bottom leaves. Im hoping and praying I wake up tomorrow to a happier plant. Im majorly bumming. Hope it pulls through!!!
20200707_022502.jpg
20200707_022502.jpg
20200707_022358.jpg
20200707_022307.jpg
20200707_022252.jpg
20200630_091314.jpg

Attachments

• 20200707_022502.jpg
    20200707_022502.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 41
Hey Curls!

OK. We gotta go through this slowly.

While people here are wonderful and will let you know what they think the problem is, I highly recommend learning some basic things about diagnosing these plants yourself. It's not as scary as it sounds! Not only that, you have access to information about your plant and its environment that we won't!

Have a look at GWE's diagnostic plan. Start from step 1 and mentally work through each.

Now, can you tell us the name and brand of the nutes you got?

We can do this :green_heart:

So, it looks like a straight-up nitrogen deficiency to me. After feeding it should be fine.

Note that if it is an N deficiency those yellow leaves will stay yellow. What you are watching for is that the yellow doesn't spread upwards.

But don't take my word for it. Go read that guide I linked!!

And yeah, the root system doesn't look great. How often are you watering the plant?

Ok... I will go look...I have been digging deep through the internet. A lot of conflicting info. I'm going to dig more. I will also try to find the food hubby bought. I sent him with various pics of what I needed but..oh well...what can I say? I've been sick (pulled muscle..nothing Covidy lol) and had to depend on him...and well...how do I say...he's not very reliable. (He is the lifelong Uber heavy smoker..not me) I'm going to read that link. I made due with what he got..hope it pulls through. Thank you!!!!! I'm a mess over here lol send good energy/vibes my peeps

So, it looks like a straight-up nitrogen deficiency to me. After feeding it should be fine.

Note that if it is an N deficiency those yellow leaves will stay yellow. What you are watching for is that the yellow doesn't spread upwards.

But don't take my word for it. Go read that guide I linked!!

And yeah, the root system doesn't look great. How often are you watering the plant?

Syenite, I have been following advice and only watering when dry..we did have vicious thunderstorms so weedbaby did get drenched, then I took her in. I didn't keep her in cuz of my air-conditioning. I'm going to fix up a shelter for her tomorrow. Yeah, I def knew nitrogen deficiency. I'm off to read up and sulk in my bed now..lol see everyone tomorrow !

Sigh...did I kill my plant? I'm going to do my damn best to fight for this little scrapper. Even if I have to drag ass out of bed and screw up my back more...I'm going to my local nursery tomorrow.

YO. CURLS.

TAKE A DEEP BREATH.

Your plant isn't going to die just yet.

But panic and impatience can kill it. Newbies are well-known for it.

Take another breath.

Now, take your time. Read up. Make a plan.

Try one thing at a time. Wait for results. It could be a day, and it could be a week. Results good? Great.

Results no good? Repeat the process. Try another thing.

Take another breath. Have a toke. Chill. Sleep :Namaste:

I'm a worry wart. But very patient. I will update tomorrow after visit to the nursery..yep..I don't even care..I'm going to bring my weedbaby with me and hunt down a master gardener. That link you shared was great! I downloaded the flowchart, and the reading was clear a d well put together! I think I'm going to add that link to my signature

Hey Curls!

OK. We gotta go through this slowly.

While people here are wonderful and will let you know what they think the problem is, I highly recommend learning some basic things about diagnosing these plants yourself. It's not as scary as it sounds! Not only that, you have access to information about your plant and its environment that we won't!

Have a look at GWE's diagnostic plan. Start from step 1 and mentally work through each.

Now, can you tell us the name and brand of the nutes you got?

We can do this :green_heart:

Id quit stripping leaves. You can stop root growth if you cut too much foliage off. And right now you want it packing on roots

Will do! And it's funny..the description you used: stop loving it to death. More truthful words were never said about me...my son's would most agree! Lol :laughtwo:

I don't think you'll be needing a master gardener, I'd repot it. And let it be for a couple days, try not to let the soil get too saturated as dry period are very nice for plants, a dry day just means she's spreading her roots searching for water and getting some oxygen.
Now that your lowers are yellowed you need to pay attention to new growth on the plant because that yellowing won't go away, I tend to tuck more leaves than I tear off. I want as little stress on the plant as possible,
As for water if you're on a well, I 100% think you should water with tap water.
Remember plants do grow fast but they take days to bounce back sometimes, my plant seemed to halt growth for almost a week after transplant and I started getting worried and she bounced back and exploded with growth.

Back
Top Bottom