Newbie As Newbie Can Get!

Curls, here’s a tidbit of information when it comes to using MC, go to their website and look at the Feeding Calculator for the 1 Part you have. On that page, scroll down a bit until you find the “How to Dial in Feeding for Optimal Results” section and do some reading. You are looking for your plants to be a specific type of green to help judge when you are feeding it the correct dosage.

Additionally most of us here using MC would probably all agree that when it comes to deficiencies, recommended course of action is to increase your nutrient dosage since MC is a very well balanced and comprehensive/complete fertilizer. 95% of the time upping the dosage will straighten out a deficiency. MC can be used for the entire grow because of how it is designed and the completeness of it.

You’re doing fine, but like you and the others said, try to relax and slow down a bit to enjoy growing. You don’t want to turn your new favorite hobby into a chore and ruin all the fun. Take less frequent but more calculated moves vs constantly trying to adjust things on the fly.

I woke up to a happier plant. Just a tidbit. Or I'm cracking up. Who knows? I did not pack up my weedbaby for a stroll to the nursery I did massively clean up my son's room..(ugh..why are boys such slobs?) Gave my doggie a much needed bath due to her stealing a few pieces of chocolate and wearing it. She is now plotting her revenge. I better watch my snacks I cleaned the back deck too..tomatoes, beans, scallions and squash coming in flush. Morning glories and zinnias are ready to be repotted and/or placed. Snaps and petunias are doing good . I planted basil in a nice pot for the kitchen. Now I have to plant my peppers,cucumbers and pumpkins and get my lemon seeds started. Can u tell I'm bored off my arse.? Think this pandemic is just starting to annoy me. It can leave now, bye felicia. I'm dying for Chili's, friendlys and my fav pizza place. I reeeeaaally miss going into NY for the day and having my Nathan's famous! I'm exhausted, so am going to def chill and take a break tonight. Everyone have a great night I will update in a few days. :Namaste:

Update on weedbaby: She's hanging in!! (My plant has not been sexed yet, but I call it a "she" (wishful thinking I guess..lol!) What a toughie this plant is! I did repot her, and fed her. She has bobbed back up, and shows new growth. what a difference between my last pic of my poor tired looking plant till these new pics. I can def see a difference. Taller, with new leaves and looks much happier. I will have to find a tape measure for the next pics, so I can track her growth the way I see everyone doing on their journals. Soooo here are the before pics first (July 7th)

IMG_20200707_080856_1.jpg

IMG_20200707_074533_9.jpg

AND Here is yesterday:

IMG_20200716_181640_5.jpg

IMG_20200716_181846_0.jpg

And here is a bonus pic of my squash...lol
IMG_20200716_180913_3.jpg

Hey Curls!

Had no idea you were a nurse. Hope you can stay safe out there!

Baby is looking fine, but showing some possible N deficiency with the yellow-green.

Sorry if you already covered this, but have you started feeding yet?

Hi there! Yup..I'm a nurse. It is nuts out there for sure. If anyone says this shyt isn't real..slap em!

I already took care of the nitro problem, reported and fed. Weed baby bounced back from what I thought was certain death but hey she pulled thru, the tough bird. Lol. I do worry it is sooo small for 6 weeks/3 days old. Im just patiently waiting, watching, waiting some more..planning, shopping and browsing lots of info. So what do u think of my very first LST attempt? Did I do it right?

Hi there! Yup..I'm a nurse. It is nuts out there for sure. If anyone says this shyt isn't real..slap em!

I already took care of the nitro problem, reported and fed. Weed baby bounced back from what I thought was certain death but hey she pulled thru, the tough bird. Lol. I do worry it is sooo small for 6 weeks/3 days old. Im just patiently waiting, watching, waiting some more..planning, shopping and browsing lots of info. So what do u think of my very first LST attempt? Did I do it right?

LST is looking good!!!

She is a little slow but I would expect her to pick up the pace now she’s been fed some nutes.

Lst looks good, one thing I would mention is to have a string pulling the stem towards the medium pulling the plant in the opposite direction to refrain from putting stress on the root system. :thumb:

Thanks so much! so I place the string to pull the stem in the opposite direction from the way I have her pointing now? It's funny..I checked on Weed baby today to see how her lst is going.. The top bent back towards the sun..lol! Does that mean I did it wrong? I will make sure to rotate it every day and get to finding some string as you suggested. I will post new pics in a bit to show how Weedbaby is looking and how the top bent back to the sun.

Here are current pics of Weedbaby. Her top bent back towards the sun that naughty girl..lol. But seriously..does that mean I did the LST wrong? She has a bunch of new teeny tiny growth tips and is filling out more on top. She is smelling green too. Ive read when the plant starts throwing scent, along with slight drooping that its time to water..true? Not true? I plan on feeding Weed baby tomorrow. So here are the pics from today, I used my cellphone for better pics until I figure out my new tablet's camera. Here is a pic from the top...
20200724_103514.jpg

Here is a side pic to show how she grew back towards the sun..lol

20200724_104511.jpg

And here is a bonus pic of my spoiled husky..lol :rofl:

20200724_104604.jpg
20200724_103514.jpg
20200724_104511.jpg
20200724_104604.jpg
20200724_103514.jpg
20200724_104511.jpg
20200724_104604.jpg

Everything is on track. It’s the plants normal reaction to start reaching for the sun again. You did absolutely nothing wrong. Yes your correct. Pull the base of the stem in one direction. Then pull the top of the plant in the other direction.

I always top my plants and then train the internodes to the side rather then LST the entire plant... neither way is the wrong way, nor is it the right way. It’s all about how you want to grow it! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom