Nick Hardy & Co Graduation: Coco Co2 High EC: Grown in Thailand: Perpetual

Can you wet trim one bud so we can see what it looks like under all that hair? It’s an odd looking strain for sure:
Not sure what you mean? That’s Strawberry AK discard pile. Its all crispy dry?

Trimmed and untrimmed here:

IMG_8402.jpeg

$150! Its $8.60 for me or $7 (4 for 1000THB) Its not a full test though the acronym for those is HPLC so it has +/- 1% Maybe have a search if there is Gemmacert Test near you, rather than the full one day test, these take a couple of hours.

Sure they’ll be more expensive near you but maybe $20 not $150

Because of the mixed bag of legal issues here testing places aren't as common as MacDonalds and $75 seems to be about the going rate for cannabinoid testing. Maybe by summer I'll have something to spare in the change jar. :)

Not sure what you mean? That’s Strawberry AK discard pile. Its all crispy dry?

Trimmed and untrimmed here:

IMG_8402.jpeg
That’s exactly what I meant but with the long hairy buds.

1701761959219.png

So all dried, trimmed and weighed. They've been at 61% for about 3 weeks now. Just waiting for the CBD that was trimmed this morning to dry up again, the trim room is at 78% Rh at the moment so they pick up moisture really quick. The weights won't change much if at all. 4 test result waiting. The testing machine has gone to Bangkok for repairs and will be another week.

Fairly awful, not even 3KG. Not even 2.5KG! Why? Two reasons, I think. We had a sub optimal bunch opf plants in there from the start. It was scrappy, there were half plants in there, clones and randoms, too many singleton strains. The biggest reason was me. Not only did I try pushing the EC envelope way too high but also I only realised/remembered the Bloom nutes were the RO/SO blend last night. These are to be used in 2.0ml - 3.0ml per litre range - the normal ones are 2.5ml - 3.5ml so feeding at 4ml even with Co2 really cost yield. Less is more with nutes as they say. I'm saying it now anyway. The current grows (they delivered the same again, different people) I'm running way lower. EC won't go above 2.6. Lesson learned. Still 5lbs5oz of eight strains of very decent weed is nothing to sniff at. We probably would have got 3KG had we trimmed everything. But so much easier to dump it into pre rolls. We have enough for 5000 easy. Have some people, like night hawkers that go round the bars anyway selling orange juice, days end sushi, teddy bears, jewellery all this tat and going to get them selling them for us, so its not waste.

I'll update the final test results as and when I get them.

It's been fun but this one is done.

Nick & Co

Congrats on a chapter almost closed. Those test results when the machine gets back and then you're done with this one. It's been an adventure following your progress Nick & Co. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Which decarbed cannabinoids?
The results of your last test showed the levels of cbd, thc, etc which of course the plant doesn't produce. I expected your results to show the levels of cbd-a, thc-a, etc., so I was wondering if that was the issue they were trying to fix when they shipped it back to Hong Kong

:cheesygrinsmiley:

The results of your last test showed the levels of cbd, thc, etc which of course the plant doesn't produce. I expected your results to show the levels of cbd-a, thc-a, etc., so I was wondering if that was the issue they were trying to fix when they shopped it back to Hong Kong

:cheesygrinsmiley:
It is a testing machine designed to give levels of THC, CBD and CBG so I imagine they have a testing process to provide those results, each test takes about 90 minutes to run - its not a “mistake” or “broken machine” - its what it was designed to do.

Gemmacert THC CBD CBG Testing

And Bangkok, Thailand. In Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, just owning the machine would probably get you locked up!

Nick

I believe that Azi's point was that your results showed THC in addition to THCa. A recently harvested plant should show very little or no THC and only THCa, as only through decarboxilation will the acid molecule separate from the THCa.

You can see one of my results here:

full

THC is .51% where THCa is 14.25%. (Ignore the THCVa highlight as I was pointing out that it didn't have any to speak of.)

Thanks, Shed.

And, yes, that's why I asked if you had decarbed the samples before sending them to the lab. If they are testing raw, recently harvested flower, the acidic versions of the cannabinoids are what should be most prevalent, not the decarbed versions.

I believe that Azi's point was that your results showed THC in addition to THCa. A recently harvested plant should show very little or no THC and only THCa, as only through decarboxilation will the acid molecule separate from the THC.

You can see one of my results here:

full

THC is .51% where THCa is 14.25%. (Ignore the THCVa highlight as I was pointing out that it didn't have any to speak of.)
I think if you read carefully it says “Total THC” it likely means THCa but its meant to be consumer friendly - runs off a phone app. Its Ir Chromography rather than gas, so not as accurate (still $7000 though!) I guess for simplicity they report what for your test would be Total THC - 13%, it doesn’t break it down further.

Its quite a serious testing device unlike say a Purpl

These guys reckon they can do it with an algo and cross reference with previous tests. $500 I think. My mate got some Seriotica tested and it came back as 8% or something. He wasn’t impressed 🤣

Thanks, Shed.

And, yes, that's why I asked if you had decarbed the samples before sending them to the lab. If they are testing raw, recently harvested flower, the acidic versions of the cannabinoids are what should be most prevalent, not the decarbed versions.
Like I say I think it will be the THCa and anything else “Total THC” same as on Shed’s test, they’re not breaking it down. Its not decarbed by me not by them, website says non damaging test so it doesn’t get decarbed at any time. It is just the way they present the data. I doubt with the testimonials they have that its testing for snake oil, its FDA approved.

What I suspect to be the equivilent marked green

IMG_8473.jpeg

They’re Grove Bags, so we get down to 61% in the room while they hang for about two weeks. Then trim. Then back in the 61% room at 19c for a week or so. Then into the bags.

Grove bags have a two way breathable membrane. They hold it between 58-62% no need Bovida’s or burping. They just cure in them. We have quite a lot at the moment. Maybe 7kg

Nick

IMG_8528.jpeg

IMG_8529.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom