Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #4 Mars Hydro FC Evo 12x OG Kush Solos 4x4 - Viva Voce Grow

IMG_1893.jpeg

Wet trim continues. 3x Purple Punch being done now. Then just 3 Mimosa x Orange Punch to finish. All @Barney's Farm. Pretty sure she’ll finish around when the F1 finishes tonight. @Bill284 gonna watch?

I lie right? I lie all the time. But its not my fault. Honestly its not.

Yep totally - I have Mars light with wifi and soft touch buttons with an app. I don’t trust that thing at all. Give me a nice solid electromagnetic timer any day.
Ok so the picture above shows for the next grow we have moved all the seedlings (and three clones) to the 4x4 with the @Mars Hydro FC4800 Evo in it. And it has an app and a timer function. So ai can’t be bothered to open the HV Control box so I’m going to give the app a go for timing and intensity.

I tested it earlier but this is real world.

IMG_1895.jpeg

Its up pretty high. Probably drop it a bit when I get downstairs again.

IMG_1896.jpeg
IMG_1897.jpeg
IMG_1898.jpeg

OK that’s a bit fiddly - you need to assign a group to the light before Timer works properly. I just added it to the built in default group. Probably tells you that in the manual but that’s long since gone.

Once assigned to the group you can select the light and select Timer.

IMG_1899.jpeg

There we go - I’ll check it at 2am and 8am eyes on to be sure which I do after every light/timer change. The “Scenes” function is fine easily switch between stages. There seems to be functionality to adjust the light intensity through the day maybe interesting if you’re chasing DLI targets?

I’ll have a further play and see if I can do an 8/8 light schedule on it, even 6/2. That would be cool. I’d use that.

& Co reckons fully dried and ready for the weighing by next weekend so I’ll cover the seedlings off until then.

Nick

Does this mean you will be hanging around
Nah. Might pop back in a 100 days and spam your journal with pictures of a Banner or five with the immortal,

More watts equals more and bigger buds

That kinda thing. I’m not journalling them. The Banners are in black pots in the pictures.

I think as someone who’s stated aim when they joined the forum was:

“To promote solo cups in all their beautiful colours and many sizes; to so encourage diversity in pot sizing and colourstion whilst growing cannabis sativa”

My work here is done, non?

IMG_1900.jpeg
IMG_1901.jpeg

Gonna drop that light a little, just now…

Nick

IMG_1893.jpeg

Wet trim continues. 3x Purple Punch being done now. Then just 3 Mimosa x Orange Punch to finish. All @Barney's Farm. Pretty sure she’ll finish around when the F1 finishes tonight. @Bill284 gonna watch?

I lie right? I lie all the time. But its not my fault. Honestly its not.

Ok so the picture above shows for the next grow we have moved all the seedlings (and three clones) to the 4x4 with the @Mars Hydro FC4800 Evo in it. And it has an app and a timer function. So ai can’t be bothered to open the HV Control box so I’m going to give the app a go for timing and intensity.

I tested it earlier but this is real world.

IMG_1895.jpeg

Its up pretty high. Probably drop it a bit when I get downstairs again.

IMG_1896.jpeg
IMG_1897.jpeg
IMG_1898.jpeg

OK that’s a bit fiddly - you need to assign a group to the light before Timer works properly. I just added it to the built in default group. Probably tells you that in the manual but that’s long since gone.

Once assigned to the group you can select the light and select Timer.

IMG_1899.jpeg

There we go - I’ll check it at 2am and 8am eyes on to be sure which I do after every light/timer change. The “Scenes” function is fine easily switch between stages. There seems to be functionality to adjust the light intensity through the day maybe interesting if you’re chasing DLI targets?

I’ll have a further play and see if I can do an 8/8 light schedule on it, even 6/2. That would be cool. I’d use that.

& Co reckons fully dried and ready for the weighing by next weekend so I’ll cover the seedlings off until then.

Nick
Hey Buddy :ciao:
Lights are just about to turn green.
Watching the gridwalk right now.
But I try and keep an eye on things. :thumb:
As best I can. 😂

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hey Buddy :ciao:
Lights are just about to turn green.
Watching the gridwalk right now.
But I try and keep an eye on things. :thumb:
As best I can. 😂

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Yep anthem just played. Just gonna ignore first place. 2nd - 10th gonna be cool hopefully. 80% chance of safety car apparently.

IMG_1902.jpeg

What might have been. This is the sister plant pf the Banner ai tossed yesterday. Was always about 20% smaller and this is all that survived some stem rot where we just lopped it off. Like less than a quater of a plant. The tray is 50cm, two and a half foot across. That’s a decent amount of weed. Needed another ten days to be banging but her sister was gonna get that 😅

Oh well. Probably would have been too strong for me anyway. This milder stuff will be just right 😂

Oh Heineken Zero - the official beer of F1! 0.0% Alcohol mods!

IMG_1903.jpeg

There were three Purple Punch in there. This one from a random free seed I got. The other two were @Barney's Farm. They did about 3x more each than this one - which to be fair transplanted badly but wouldn’t have got close anyway. I dunno even that one is a nice enough yield. Still have some smaller stuff to come.

image.jpg

IMG_1904.jpeg
IMG_1905.jpeg

Its building up. Yellow tray is about half the Barneys PP. They’ll finish the PP tonight and then tomorrow there’s 3 Mim OP left. They’re pretty big as they tend to.

Nick

Yeah that Mars soft switch/timer didn’t work. Dunno why, really not interested. In that stuff. I have a hardware commercial grade controller over CAT5e coming soon and the electric I’ll still control by magnetic thuunk!

IMG_1936.jpeg
IMG_1937.jpeg

Young’uns up first. The clones haven’t died yet which is something. Just one guys. Just one please, and emphasis on the “guys” because that’s what you’re gonna be! A life as a chick with many dicks lies in your future. They're on low end veg nutes. 40% light. Bit of ventilation and I’m definitely remembering to lower the dang light tonight!

IMG_1932.jpeg
IMG_1933.jpeg

The last Mimosa x Orange Punch to trim. Doubt I’ll grow it again. Produces epic, tastes great, smells fantastic and the high is just a touch indica, like a boomfph but has plenty of cognitive drive as well. We have quite a lot and no one is interested in it at all. Might rename it. Its legit a great strain and we have some awesome examples of it. We’ll have way over a kilo of it so maybe I can speak to those guys. Off island sales.

There’s that left to trim and then a couple of days super dry/cure in the flower room that was pressure sprayed down today and treated with water/detergent/vinegar/baking soda. The finish we got using that room last time was fantastic. Mid week final trim can start I reckon and by this time next week it’ll be Grove Bags all round. Bought some Groves for my personal stash. Just quarter pounders. We use half and full pound bags for 250 and 500g normally.
IMG_1934.jpeg

White to differentiate mine from the sale stuff obvs. Not that I’m a flash charlie 🤣

After final trim they’ll go back in baskets for a day or two to lose back the moisture they pick up while that’s happening and then in larger Grove bags. 3 weeks later and you have yourself some spanking good weed.

Nick

Young’uns up first. The clones haven’t died yet which is something. Just one guys. Just one please, and emphasis on the “guys” because that’s what you’re gonna be! A life as a chick with many dicks lies in your future. They're on low end veg nutes. 40% light. Bit of ventilation and I’m definitely remembering to lower the dang light tonight!
Back when I was trying to better my cloning game, @Gee64 was telling me that clones root better in a medium with no nutes.

I had success in straight perlite with tap water misting and no direct light (I even have a cardboard divider separating my cloning area from veg to block any direct light).

Good luck with the clones. Hope you get your "chick's with dicks!"

"Alex, I'll try phrases I thought I'd never say for $100 please,"

:laughtwo:

Back when I was trying to better my cloning game, @Gee64 was telling me that clones root better in a medium with no nutes.

I had success in straight perlite with tap water misting and no direct light (I even have a cardboard divider separating my cloning area from veg to block any direct light).

Good luck with the clones. Hope you get you "chick's with dicks!"

& Co has done hundreds. Over a 100 just from one Gorilla Glue we had outdoors Inreckon. A little dip of some cloning gel and straight into coco with cal mag for a day or two and then on to veg nutes after a day or two. The clone gel we’re still on the original tub. That said I’d better do a stock take.

And yup 86 cloning gel. Just ordered some. Thanks for the reminder!

EDIT - Cal-Mag with coco is basically no nutes

IMG_1940.jpeg
IMG_1941.jpeg
IMG_1942.jpeg

There’s maybe another basket of Mim OP to come. Pretty full I reckon.

55% Rh and 19c in the dark with plenty of breeze. I’ll put the power back on for the Co2 controller in the morning. We hit 1100 ppm in here during the last dry/cure in here after a couple of days. That’s what we’re after when they’re growing. They burp a load of it back out. Its released as part of the chlorophyll release I belive.

Pretty cool to be able to measure it. Background in there is about 450 and then it slowly builds over a few days and rhen drops back down. That probably indicates its time for final trim and in the bags.

I mean this it! That’s the grow done. The rest is just paperwork. Been fun times! Just the sponsor/breeding thing and Jon to go.

Been a ball.

Nick & Co

I’ll make up the spare room, a couple of months before rainy season with any luck. Stay a week or two, but the katoey you need to take to short time rooms, not back to the house, we got kids here and they’ll mock you mercilessly. Its for your own protection. $100 should buy you the night and as much practice as you want at saying that phrase 🤣

Anyway Co2 sensor is on. 666 the sign of the beast (with two backs and an interestingly shaped middle?) I’m expecting that to go up over the next couple of days.

Nick

IMG_1945.jpeg

Hey Nick impressive turnover of quantities you're doing. I presume you have some sort of power supply backup for when power cuts occur? I don't grow inside but where I am there are often short power cuts which would presumably mess up the light cycle and fans and whatever else is needed.

Hey Nick impressive turnover of quantities you're doing. I presume you have some sort of power supply backup for when power cuts occur? I don't grow inside but where I am there are often short power cuts which would presumably mess up the light cycle and fans and whatever else is needed.
Power cuts here come in three flavours:

#1 Scheduled 4 hours plus
#2 Scheduled but not informed ~2 hours
#3 5-15 minute outages

#1 - #2 should not happen again, all the island cabling has been redone in the last two years and there is plenty of supply. But ehen we know about it we do this:
6ea25344-9b7a-45db-afba-23518a7b2ab6.jpeg
d22553f4-36ee-43d5-a711-00ab032795f6.jpeg

Three phase generator straight into the house (3 phase) MCB. Its $180USD a day. In veg wouldn't bother.

#3 Tourists do like killing them selves drunk on motorbikes hitting power poles. Can’t do much for that.

Downstairs the tents are fine. We just open the doors. Upstairs is harder. Its a windowless room. I’d like to get one of these wired in on a timer somehow:

IMG_1951.jpeg

When the power goes out the lights kick in - but if you get a power cut at lights out you don’t want it to kick in of course!

Weights? Grow more plants get more weight! The thinking changes a bit. Its a full time job but split between me, my wife, kids and hangers on. We’re a lot less precious about the plants than someone who has just a few chances a year to grow a plant - in fact we probably don’t cull enough but that’s the missus’s fault!

But yeah the electricity should, should be OK now!

IMG_1955.jpeg
IMG_1956.jpeg

Duck eggs - they’re from a local farm so decent chance of them hatching I guess.

Killed a clone last night. Solo cup dominos and it was in the edge. Taped it up but dead by morning. Meh - they gave me one free and the other two look well set - though the one needs some new leaves! They’ll be here just like this for about a week more. Then we’ll start making some decisions on what’s going where and therefore what needs up potting and to what.

Nick

IMG_2009.jpeg
IMG_2010.jpeg

New phase getting along. There’s a strain from Barney’s caught my eye. Very high yielding. Thinking of it for my next dozen solos in this tent to hit a kilo. Mim x OP would be cheating it yields so big, smokes so well and yet no dispensary is interested. Don’t get it.

Moby Dick is the name of rhe strain. It amuses me. 1kg from 12 solo cups is my whale.

IMG_2001.jpeg
IMG_2002.jpeg

Day two of final trim, think there’s probably about a kilo so far. Depending on how much help she gets & Co reckons finish in 5 more days. That’s Monday. Finish then. Final clean and maintenance of the flower room and then Wednesday I want to up pot the upstairs girls to 5 gallon pots and fill it. All 21 spots. I’ll cull down from there, 15-17 max.

We’ll veg in the flower room which normally we don't, its expensive with 2190w on tap. But quick. Reckon with gas and perfect conditions flip might only be 10 days from then. We’ll take a little more time downstairs to stagger it out, upstairs are likely all 9-10 weekers versus 8 elsewhere as well.

I’m going to take some clones this time out to give us options for a really fast turn around the grow after this one. Just need to finish my little clone/breeding box.

OG Kush is up next for the trim so I can settle that aspect of the grow. But yeah 7 days for the final weights across all three grows. With the Jon contest grow weight due in next month I’ll have a 12 month total weight number which will be fun. Reckon we’ll miss 50 pounds but close or not close not sure yet!

Nick

Mim x OP would be cheating it yields so big, smokes so well and yet no dispensary is interested. Don’t get it.
This my friend is definitely crazy! But in the business I can just come down to the name! Over here mimosa would be favoured all day!

Hope you get it gone bud 👍 if you need to bring it with you I know a guy 🤣🤣

This my friend is definitely crazy! But in the business I can just come down to the name! Over here mimosa would be favoured all day!

Hope you get it gone bud 👍 if you need to bring it with you I know a guy 🤣🤣
having watched The Wire several times, I know what to do. Do what Stringer Bell did when confronted with a product with a bad rep - rename it! Talking to & Co about it yesterday.

Terry's Chocolate Orange?

It'll fly off the shelves!

1709748980391.png

So of course today on 18 hours notice we had a scheduled 7 hour power cut. Cheers Stunger for the hex! 🤣

Just one tent in flower so decided to save the $190 on the jenny.

The OG Kush the headline grow in this journal, final trim is going to be complete in the next hour or two. As there was no power the builders of the house next door couldn’t work. No power. So half of them came over to trim. I also have 6 children 7 years or under sitting on cushions watching a movie next to the trimmers. Sweet. Any asthma resultant in later life ain’t my fault 🥲

The 7 year old building site girl is taller than L obvs. But we have a chest freezer for ice and big stuff and the poor girl is so skinny she couldn't lift the lid. L has been doing that for a year and she’s only 4 now. So sad. & Co is cooking dinner for everyone, saw a bunch of king prawns and crabs and stuff. The builders just built themselves a new house.

IMG_2036.jpeg

The steel roof thing is just a shack framed with young tree trunks and nail gunned/cable tied together. Think they’ll live on site (that land isn’t owned by either of us. We want to buy it but the guy wants crazy money) anyway yeah apparently worried about steel theft but then I guess more valuable and removable material, tiles and fittings will need to be delivered. All good they’re nice people so I guess they get a welcome to the neighbourhood bbq tonight. I honestly can’t see anyone nicking their stuff. They’re lit up by our CCTV and have a senior Judge and the husband a mayor the other side.

Less than a pound of OGK I reckon. Pessimistic.

IMG_2035.jpeg

The current grow still in solos “The Last Dance” as everyone, literally everyone even @InTheShed is calling it 24 are going in rockwool 6” cubes. Been wanting to try them for a while but couldn’t find the big ones. They equate to about 3.2 litres. 3/4 of a gallon same as the giant solos.

80% of the Cannacribs Youtube videos for the big commercial farms in the US use them. This size too. Because ai can’t seem to find them much bigger.

A 5x5 and the 8x4 I think. I then have enough 3 gallon airpots for upstairs and the other 5x5. Solos in the 4x4 obviously 🤣

I’ll go again there fo sho.

Moby Nick…

Back
Top Bottom