Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #4 Mars Hydro FC Evo 12x OG Kush Solos 4x4 - Viva Voce Grow

IMG_1635.jpeg
IMG_1636.jpeg

I harvested this out the flower room. Its about a third of what remains of Bruce Banner that was chopped down to half a few weeks back. So 1/6th a potential Bruce Banner.

It was skewed in terms of balance when half got hacked out for whatever disease. When it bulked up with buds this stem twisted and tore on Saturday. Tried cable ties and tape but by Sunday it was dead. The 45% Rh and all mean its actually part dried but wet its around 800g approaching 2lb - most of that weight is in the giant stems. They are the thickness of my middle fingers. Bulky girls, aptly named.

It was harvested at 7 weeks exactly on a strain that wants 9-10 weeks.

Obviously! Yes! Yes already! I’ll test it and test the rest of the plant after the 9-10 weeks and see what we get!

Nick

IMG_1667.jpeg
IMG_1668.jpeg
IMG_1669.jpeg
IMG_1670.jpeg
IMG_1671.jpeg

Flower room. Start of week 8, emphasis on Bruce Banner and Royal Cookies

We roll on.

Harvest window is open for some. Not looking yet. Its 45% Rh in there and 27c. You want to holiday in there.

The real cool stuff is the seeds getting put in dirt.

Think we went

15/15 Girl Scout Cookies to tails.

Of 63 seeds think were up above 95% with tails - some are just a bit too long 😅

Photos to follow - with my slightly tweaked methodology that deserves some credit.

Nick
those buds are chunking up nicely

IMG_1674.jpeg
IMG_1673.jpeg

There’s 10 in that particular bag up top which means I can deduce they’re Future #1 by Anesia Seeds with claimed 37% THC

They were all like that. Every of 8 bags near 1” tails at 48 hours. & Co when I asked on the phone (I’m playing pool 😂)

What you mean? All have tails, honey and you need get better for counting.

Have 67 not 63.

New pots I buy better as well.

Yeah OK honey 🤣🤷🏽😂

IMG_1698.jpeg
IMG_1699.jpeg
IMG_1700.jpeg
IMG_1701.jpeg
IMG_1705.jpeg
IMG_1703.jpeg
IMG_1704.jpeg

Look. Dunno. I take photos in two seconds and deliberately don’t stage them to make it look more appealing or make me look a better grower. Warts and all is better because sometimes maybe someone will spot a problem looking on a bigger screen than I typically use.

I don’t always tell the full thing not for reasons of concealment or anything! Just ih maybe that’s obvious or assumed. Some Powdery Mildew on the best Runtz x Layer Cake on our last 5x5 growfor example. That’s the best weed ai have ever consumed though. I just scraped the trunk of very little leaf and budlet that day using a box cutter/stanley knife type hybrid.

It was gone

Anyway - todays state of play for this grow.

With the exception the seedlings (potting soil with 2ml/litre cal mag at 4-0-0 w/t Fe)

Grow in coco to nute manufacturewrs low end guideline ph’d to 5.8 every day snd a grower you’ll be…

Oh seed popping?

All the big breeders suggest in paper in ziplocks forget heating mats. Put them in a place with 30c plus ambient temperature. Our success rate dropped a bit when the box, place in the house changed to say 28c. This is like 96% success rate now we get 100% wouldn't be surprised.

Two died. Still at 97% success rate.

I’ll take that!

They’ll be some need culling after this of course.

But you want say 4 plants in a 4x4 then pop 6-8 seeds. @Wastei is doing something similar

I should be popping more but I gave away a bunch and have about 20 spares I’ll do when I see how my first choices fare.

IMG_1710.jpeg

IMG_1711.jpeg

IMG-20240223-WA0042.jpg
IMG-20240223-WA0043.jpg

Well we're at 54 Days - 56 is probably on the ticket. You can see them showing signs of old age. Little bit droopy - they missed a feed I think today, I know I didn't and pretty sure & Co was busy. They can ride a little longer. Hopefully I have some time to try out the UVC over the weekend - mould is our primary concern right now.

Small small buds, a function of their early life I hope, rather than this flavour of OG Kush becasue our last lot was big and I have 4 of these another grow where I need yield!

Nick

IMG-20240223-WA0040.jpg
IMG-20240223-WA0041.jpg

Next grow is ready for up pot to SWICkies - tomorrow will do for them.

IMG-20240223-WA0044.jpg
IMG-20240223-WA0045.jpg
IMG-20240223-WA0046.jpg
IMG-20240223-WA0047.jpg

Main room similar finishing times - 8-10 weeks. Doing very decent. Smelliest room ever!

Nick & Co

IMG_1785.jpeg
IMG_1786.jpeg
IMG_1787.jpeg

Day #56 AKA 8 weeks in the bag. Not worried about mould though the Sparky and The Lads messed up the HVAC change and by the time I saw there was the metallic thunk as the lights went out. Should be fine - the buds were 10x bigger in the recent tent, they get that big not much you can do.

Nick

Below the tent next door and a bud from upstairs. Best I can do today!

Night,

IMG_1788.jpeg
IMG_1778.jpeg

IMG_1794.jpeg
IMG_1795.jpeg

We lost 12-14 yesterday. So busy everyone. One of the kids soaked some in the morning and by evening they were dead. The height is misrepresentative. They were all nearly 2” tall but buried them deep at up pot. 44 solids left which is enough. Got enough of the important strains already for the last big dance.

Nick

IMG_1794.jpeg
IMG_1795.jpeg

We lost 12-14 yesterday. So busy everyone. One of the kids soaked some in the morning and by evening they were dead. The height is misrepresentative. They were all nearly 2” tall but buried them deep at up pot. 44 solids left which is enough. Got enough of the important strains already for the last big dance.

Nick
Sorry to hear that Nick it sucks nuts!! So more seed popping today?

How comes you don't have big ass mother plants and clone the shit out of them?

Sorry to hear that Nick it sucks nuts!! So more seed popping today?

How comes you don't have big ass mother plants and clone the shit out of them?
Space on the mothers. Its actually fine.

We have space this grow for

12x Solos 4x4
8x 3 Gallon 8x4
16x 5 Gallon Flower Room

That's 36 - we have 7-8 in early flower in the 5x5 #2 and then 5x5 #1 has the Jon grow in. I'll probably put a few extra in the 8x4 and flower room and still not sure what I'm going to do with the Banner x Gorilla - what part they may play.

So going to juggle a bit. Think its probably about the right number. I'm also not so interested in growing singletons - pain to shift the product at times. The ones certain to play are the ultra high THC in the Flower room. Got more than an enough of them. Girl Scout Cookies I think we only have 10 which is a pain - really wanted 12 of them in solos.

Loads of Bruce Banner so many options. I'll do a tally up of what we have of what later today.

1708948149213.png

So this where we're at.For my final shot at 1kg out of a 4x4 in solos might try out the pineapple chunk with the GSC - I'll look but the newer Barney's range (weirdly GSC and OGK!) aren't around locally - or weren't last month. One way to free up a tent quicker would be to top the breeding ones like this week in flower and let them grow out and as soon as I have some roots out of the toppings start them on the STS spray. Swap in say the spare 8 as soon as I have my feminised seeds. Just need to time things right so nothing set in stone yet. Plans may change, the value of your investments may go down as well as up!

Nick

IMG_1799.jpeg
IMG_1800.jpeg
IMG_1801.jpeg

Big old mess upstairs. They pulled the trellis off the left side wall. Basically there is Bruce Banner in the middle of it all holding everything up.

We’re trying to figure out when to harvest. Think the plan is tomorrow, everything in the Flower room apart from that Bruce Banner. Run her down stairs for finishing and dry everything in the flower room.

Nick

IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1802.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg

IMG_1799.jpeg
IMG_1800.jpeg
IMG_1801.jpeg

Big old mess upstairs. They pulled the trellis off the left side wall. Basically there is Bruce Banner in the middle of it all holding everything up.

We’re trying to figure out when to harvest. Think the plan is tomorrow, everything in the Flower room apart from that Bruce Banner. Run her down stairs for finishing and dry everything in the flower room.

Nick

IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1802.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg
That's one mess I wouldn't mind cleaning up haha look at all those buds :yummy:.

Sorry to hear about the changing times in your world, can't wait to see this new grow. If your going out you might as well go out as the Solo Cup Heavyweight Champion of the World haha.

Wow. That tent looked so clean and organized in the beginning too. Lol. Lots of damn weight in there though, eh?
Its all in the details. I’ve been looking maybe once a day at each of the four grow spaces. I think I caught it within an hour or two of it happening and basically no harm they’re so close to harvest.

The hooks holding the net failed - if I’d been looking 5-8 times a day as is more normal I’d likely have been leaning them where I could towards the wall. Just as part of daily “fussing”

A dozen screws in the wall for the last run in there will do the trick for next time I reckon.

Decent weight. We’ll see, harvesting latest at the weekend and drying in situ. Final weights probably 3 weeks out.

IMG_1818.jpeg

For reasons I’m not totally sure of we skipped SWICKIES this time. It was rushed, I was between calls and given the deaths the day before I just wanted it done.

Don’t be like me 😅

The SWICKIES are self contained there’s no run off. These are solo airpots. Run off. In the hallway. Another 3-4 days of pulling them all out off the light tray and getting at them with giant syringes. PITA!

Still harvest imminent so tents free up where it can’t be automated at this scale, well not all of them only 36 maybe at least we don’t need to move them or worry about runoff making a mess.

The rest all look the same.

Nick

IMG_1818.jpeg

For reasons I’m not totally sure of we skipped SWICKIES this time. It was rushed, I was between calls and given the deaths the day before I just wanted it done.

Don’t be like me 😅

The SWICKIES are self contained there’s no run off. These are solo airpots. Run off. In the hallway. Another 3-4 days of pulling them all out off the light tray and getting at them with giant syringes. PITA!

Still harvest imminent so tents free up where it can’t be automated at this scale, well not all of them only 36 maybe at least we don’t need to move them or worry about runoff making a mess.

The rest all look the same.

Nick
At least they are alive. 🤪
Can always be worse right buddy :Namaste:
Stop working yourself to death and take a break.:hug:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

When that comes from Bill the machine! 😲
Levene?

That was Shelley “The Machine” Levene from Glengarry Glenross. There’s scene with a youngish Alec Baldwin - “You know what you need to sell real estate….”

Answers on a postcard

IMG_1825.jpeg
IMG_1826.jpeg
IMG_1827.jpeg
IMG_1828.jpeg
IMG_1829.jpeg

They’ll do. Mixture of upstairs and the OGK. See when works to chop. Everything but one of the Bruce Banners which I’ll finish downstairs. She’s a beauty.

Nick

NB - probably the best trich shots I’ve taken which ain’t saying much. I cut some whole buds off the side and used 12x optical zoom from the most battered iPhone 12 Pro Max you ever did see with a non Apple replacement camera part. Do the job though, eh?

Back
Top Bottom