Nic's First Grow: Hydro + Soil - Indoor, 1,800 Watts / Outdoor

Re: Nic's first grow:hydro+soil;indoor,1800watts/outdoor

That's a big ass tent man. I see great things in your future. It'll be nice to see it up and running with 16 plants.

Love the grow room setup man. I'm very jealous of your tent! The ladies are looking good too. Keep it up, Ill be following ya!

How ya liking the bonicare line? I think i'm going there next
+rep sir

It is working fairly well, i think they are a little on the old side but plants have good growth. Thanks for the rep.

I found this awesome little brochure about light that is sweet.
I learned a lot about light.

Hey Nic, hows that plant with the strange leaf growth, I think it was the Bubba Kush? Did you figure that issue out? :smokin::peacetwo:

Still growing wierd. The guys at the hydro shop seemed to think it was the nutes bieng old but the Bubba Kush is the only one showing signs. I have other plants in the same nutes and no problem. When I asked my caregiver(the guy i got the clones from) he said "i've seen it on a few leaves but not bad like that". This leads me to believe it's some kind of strain or plant specific thing. They are growing great though so not going to worry about it to much. Flipping the lights on em in about a week. Ill flower em and be rid of em.

I shhot some video of my operation.YouTube - Nicademus First grow

Nice video Nic, that's quite an operation ya got going! Nice huge tent and a very nice nursery also. I think that was the B Kush kind of in the center of your tent, right? She'll pull through and if not you've got planty to take her place! Reps when they let me!:goodluck::Rasta:

Nice video Nic, that's quite an operation ya got going! Nice huge tent and a very nice nursery also. I think that was the B Kush kind of in the center of your tent, right? She'll pull through and if not you've got planty to take her place! Reps when they let me!:goodluck::Rasta:

Thanks for the kind words :smokin:
Actually the Bubba Kush are in the flood tray on the far left.
The 2 sorry specimens in the center are bag seed girls that became slightly root-bound and it stunted there growth.(either that or they were drinking coffee and smoking cigs when i wasn't looking) They are doing much better now that I re-potted. They are also starting to recover from the haircut they both got. Starting to branch out some now so good news.

I am in the process of prepping my ladys for flowering. Here is the plan. This came to me from a trusted grower friend i have, that grows dank ass bud. He swears this cuts down on flower time by up to 2 weeks. Also he swears it makes it stonier.

I fired up the big hydro system and filled it with full strength Grow, Bloom, Cal-Mag, and Liquid Karma. PH started at 5.5 going up .1 point a day. PPM is sitting at 3080, rising around 50-80 points a day. The Bubba Kush really seem to like it so far, they bushed out a lot and even with the high PPM there is no visible burn. The auto flower has been getting this same treatment for 2 weeks now and it is exploding. It went from 11 inches to 22 in about a week and all ready has dense bud growth. BS#3 is about 13 inches atm and is getting same treatment. Will be flipping the lights on Saturday or Sunday.

Just a conjecture, but i think these Botanicare nutes are weaker than others on the market or they are old and degraded and i need to use more. IDk but i do know that i will be a lot happier when i can get some new nutes.

So, my wife's grandfather offered me full access to his compost pile. :cheer:
He has a compost pile that is 15 feet tall and about 90 feet long and about 20 feet wide. It is the result of mucking out pens and stalls from 18 years of cattle,pig and chicken ranching. Most of it has returned to soil and it is super rich. I am going to use this soil for my outdoor grow. What should i add to it? Never made my own soil and want some kick ass soil for the outdoor grow.

All my clones made it and have nice roots. They will be the mother plants for my outdoor clones.

Will post a picture, and maybe a video update later. Still resizing and uploading. :peacetwo:

Nice vid man, I've always been a little weary to put videos up. But its pretty sweet! That tent looks HUGEEEEE

Ya my wifey didn't think it was a good idea either. I am tired of hiding though.
The tent is huge. lol
I joke with my wife all the time that we can always move into the grow tent if we ever get evicted. :grinjoint:

Best of luck with all this, looks grande!

Nutes only have a life span of about a year on average (I think)

Best of luck with all this, looks grande!

Nutes only have a life span of about a year on average (I think)

Do you know what happens when you use bad nutes? What the signs are?
(Takes a seat...at the craps table)

ok, let's take this baby for a spin! 3 Grand!

:popcorn:

(Hope you know I'm just playin)

Be watchin.

SF

You crack me up:grinjoint: It's all good. I have always been the "push it to the max" type guy, growing seems to be no exception.

Do you know what happens when you use bad nutes? What the signs are?

You crack me up:grinjoint: It's all good. I have always been the "push it to the max" type guy, growing seems to be no exception.

You Sir, sound like the kind of guy that I could hang with in Vegas!!!

Awesome.

SF.

PS. I believe the nutes would just loose strength based on age. A meter reading of your PPM should help you confirm strength (after mixing a batch).

You Sir, sound like the kind of guy that I could hang with in Vegas!!!

Awesome.

SF.

PS. I believe the nutes would just loose strength based on age. A meter reading of your PPM should help you confirm strength (after mixing a batch).

Ya i leave Vegas either rich or broke...but i have fun no matter what.

Thanks for the info on the nutes, haven't really been able to get a strait answer on what happens when nutes age.

Ya i leave Vegas either rich or broke...but i have fun no matter what.

Thanks for the info on the nutes, haven't really been able to get a strait answer on what happens when nutes age.

Hey Bro.

You mentioned AN? you are using? I'm assuming most nutes are similar for shelf life. It looks like it could be 1 year, up to indefinitely. Here's what I just read.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

Lemme know what you determine, actually check that, I'll be following your journal for further updates!

SF

Hey Bro.

You mentioned AN? you are using? I'm assuming most nutes are similar for shelf life. It looks like it could be 1 year, up to indefinitely. Here's what I just read.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

Lemme know what you determine, actually check that, I'll be following your journal for further updates!

SF
:thanks: for trying so hard to help :bongrip::bongrip:'s for ya.
I am using botanicare, they are organic hydro nutes so i don't really know if they are equivalent to flora or floranova. There isn't really any answers on there web page, the hydro shop said a year, but i didn't talk to the guy i trust there. Gonna have new nutes in 5 days so it is kind of a moot point. You got any suggestions on what line i should go with? Anyone for that matter.:peace:

:You got any suggestions on what line i should go with? Anyone for that matter.:peace:

Ahhh man. You're a cool dude. I try my best to help out whenever I can.

You pick the best questions with the widest possibility for answers all over the board.

Myself, I'm into my second grow with the GH Flora series. I know Pit and McBudz also use GH Flora. Pretty inexpensive and impressive results, from what I understand both in Hydro and Soil.

I haven't been ready to really experiment with different nute manufactures, as I'm just trying to get a feeling and experience with growing in general. I picked something that a bunch of the guys were using so if I had questions, they would have more of an understanding of what might be the issue. Case in point. A couple of weeks ago I had some leaf curl and spotted leaves. I explained my using an "aggressive" growth formula based on GH Flora calculator, and he knew pretty quickly what my issue was. Corrected instantly.

But I completely realize that like any other product, nute manufactures are in a competitive business, for a consumer sometimes it's hard to cut through all the "pixie dust" they use to market their products.

Anyway, that's my take. I bid you adieu new friend.

:peace:

SF

'Canna' range is the popular one over here in Europe for weed. Not sure if they have that readily available over there. Sometimes it makes sense to use what everyone else is using so that when problems arrise there are more people that may be able to diagnose

:thumb:

Ahhh man. You're a cool dude. I try my best to help out whenever I can.

You pick the best questions with the widest possibility for answers all over the board.

Myself, I'm into my second grow with the GH Flora series. I know Pit and McBudz also use GH Flora. Pretty inexpensive and impressive results, from what I understand both in Hydro and Soil.

I haven't been ready to really experiment with different nute manufactures, as I'm just trying to get a feeling and experience with growing in general. I picked something that a bunch of the guys were using so if I had questions, they would have more of an understanding of what might be the issue. Case in point. A couple of weeks ago I had some leaf curl and spotted leaves. I explained my using an "aggressive" growth formula based on GH Flora calculator, and he knew pretty quickly what my issue was. Corrected instantly.

But I completely realize that like any other product, nute manufactures are in a competitive business, for a consumer sometimes it's hard to cut through all the "pixie dust" they use to market their products.

Anyway, that's my take. I bid you adieu new friend.

:peace:

SF

yeh I was turned onto GH FloraSeries from Stix a great guy who hasnt been around here much lately. He has a sweet GR setup and he turned me towards the CAP E/G system and GH flora series nutes. Told me the stuff just works great and is really stable and easy to use.. I havent had an issue with the stuff yet.

Back
Top Bottom