Gallery embed

Currently running light on grow & bloom for 22 hours a day. NL autoflower. Comments and suggestions welcome. This is my first grow. Currently I have the air coming into the tent from only inside the basement the tent is in. It is over 100 degrees heat index outside so trying to keep things a little cooler.

If you live somewhere like I do, I am not sure outside air is the answer.

I would consider moving that fan outside of the tent. Why? It's another motor. Motor = heat. If you can tolerate the noise outside the tent, consider it.

It's not going to fix everything, but it's a start. It took me awhile to 'get over' temps. Everywhere I read, I see the magical temp range. I fight to keep stuff under 80 in my tent even running central AC set at 74 24/7. My tent will cool down to room temp w lights off.

Lot's of folks grow some hellish size crops in temps outside 80 degrees. The game changes slightly.

Also, outside air is outside dust, bugs, and whatever else. Pantyhose that intake line. Clean or inspect your panty hose every month. Mom would be proud.

Currently running light on grow & bloom for 22 hours a day. NL autoflower. Comments and suggestions welcome. This is my first grow. Currently I have the air coming into the tent from only inside the basement the tent is in. It is over 100 degrees heat index outside so trying to keep things a little cooler.

Thanks for using our Mars lights and tent, good luck to you :thanks:
Do you turn on light 22 hours for veg and seeding? It is too long

Turned both lights on at about 4 or 5 days of growth. Has worked out well so far. It's an autoflower so light duration shouldn't matter....much.

Here's the latest pictures. I have one plant that has a couple of leaves turning yellow/orange at the tip. Not sure what the issue is as my other plants are doing great. I plan to start fertilizing any day now. Any ideas on the yellowing/orange issue?
IMG_20180705_195745.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180705_195757.jpg
    IMG_20180705_195757.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 86
About the only thing I would hit them with would be Ca/Mg in properly pH'ed water. Or maybe a 1/4 dose of something with no N.

What fertilizer do you plan on using? Whats your water source? How hot is your soil?

Did temps lower any with the inline motor outside of the tent. I like the exhaust hookup out the coal chimney.

IMO that light needs to be at least 18" off the plants at their size. I have a 200w led made by another maker I keep it about 4' off my seedlings and clones.

I gave the plant some flora gro. 950ppm. I don't know what my ph is for the water. I'm getting spring water from the store. It has around 250ppm about the same as our tap water but without the chlorine. I don't know about the soil temperature. I can feel it cool though. I think removing the fan lowered the temp 1 or 2 degrees so it did a great deal of good in my opinion.

I put the light higher to about 3 feet high.

Hot soil - as in nutrient strength of soil. I use pretty hot soil with added Blood Meal and other goodness. What are you growing in?-type of soil and did you mix anything into it. This can help determine how much nute wise you need to be giving them.

Your going to need a pH tester. Jesus was a carpenter. Amazon sells the drops that I use.

With soil, your nute mix should be around 6.5. And order a bottle of Ca/Mg while your at it.

IF your feeding and mixing with spring water, that stuff usually pH pretty darn high because of all the Ca, and minerals in it. If your not adjusting the pH of this water you will get lockout. Also, some types of nutes raise pH, others lower.

I have not used flora grow.

What I have so far to add to my journal.

6/21 - Started from tap root
6/27 - transplanted watered with spray bottle once or twice a day.
7/1 - took fan motor out of tent
7/5 - Noticed plant with yellow leaves
7/6 - Set light up from 18" to 34"
7/7 - first fertilizer (950ppm) Spring water
7/8-
7/9 - Clipped low leaves and branches on 3 of 5 plants. Started bending branches upward on 3 of 5. Second fertilizer (860ppm) spring water.

Attachments

• IMG_20180709_184232.jpg
    IMG_20180709_184232.jpg
    732.1 KB · Views: 98
So this should be around 3 weeks now. I have a couple of plants starting to bloom. One plant keeps turning yellowish/orange. It's my smallest plant and I think it's due to over watering as it's time to water and it's still moist so I think I'll skip watering it and see how it does. Here are the pictures of the 5 plants I have growing right now.

IMG_20180715_153846.jpgIMG_20180715_153852.jpgIMG_20180715_153858.jpgIMG_20180715_153839.jpgIMG_20180715_153905.jpg

Back
Top Bottom