Nonaware's 1st Grow, Bubbas Kush x Deep Chunk

nonaware

so i just started germanating two Bubbas Kush x Deep Chunk seeds from hempdepot. using the ol' paper towel method. i know people dont like this because you have to touch the seeds to plant them and the stress that it causes if you damage the tap root, but i have eight more.

i am in the process of making a grow wardorbe but that is going to take time and money and i want to grow so i emptied out a closet in my room and jammed a couple fans for cooling and 400 hps mh digital in there.

so after germ i am going to plant them in two 8 in pots till the fill out then moving them to something else 3 or 5 gallon.

starting soil will be miracle-gro seed starting mix. going to transfer them to fox farms ocean forest when the time comes.

i have not decided on nute yet. one of the reason that i am starting this journal so early looking for some input.

so here is a question has any used the Milwaukee pH 600 pH tester pH meter that is found on ebay.

the temp in the closet gets as high as 90 and the rh 53-23 light on off.

didnt realize how long i have rambled, sorry and thanks.

just ordered a ph tester and all the junk to keep it working. about to head to home depot and grab some venting. i will have to get a lot more than i was planning but the grow cab is about 2 months from being done so just have to run it to my closet. i will post some pics of the mess later.

waiting on the seed to break the soil which is not bad since i just germed them the other day. so far so good.

sounds good dude, I have just started something similar myself. I am in a cupboard. What I am doing is keeping the door open during light hours to help keep temps down and circulate fresh air. I am using a 400w halogen and 9 cfl's and temps are between 78-83

so here are some photos of my temp grow. along with the remaining seeds. the seeds are kinda small. but they are solid couldnt crush them.
grow_00319.jpg

so my temp was getting up to 90 when i had the light on. so i went to home depot and got some scrunchy? ducting and hooked it up over my central air vent. that did the trick the temp is at its highest at eighty so a whole 10 degrees. a little bit more fine tunning and i am sure i can get the temp down even more.
grow_00417.jpg
grow_00610.jpg
grow_0089.jpg

so yeah its pretty cheap looking but i got a budget. the box fan at the top works like a champ. i have a piece of cardboard that goes from under the box to the top of the cardboard boor it seals it well enough that when i go to colse it it pulls its self shut sealing the light pretty well. i will have to tape up the duct later on see if that does anything.

grow_0099.jpg

so that is the grow cab that i am making. i was thinking about putting wood on the outside but i am not sure now. might just put poly on it and that adhesive zipper stuff for a door.

Nice frame man, very solid looking.

what do you plan on doing in the small room of the cab?
also did you stain the wood? just asking cause it kinda looks like it.

I just started my first grow also and spent the day working on a veg box that I just posted in my topic. Its not for flowering so its not as tall as yours.

Good luck on the grow you will get lots of good help here!

~bookmarked

rsz_2grow_010.jpg

so yeah i think thats the right measurements but i am not sure for got and my notes are in the basement.

so yeah i was planning on using the top left for cloning and seeding just for them to get their roots and what not. then tossing them in to the flowering area after transplant. but i am not sure. might just another box and make this the veg or the other way around.

the bottom left i was thinking about stunting a mother plant to keep in there but i think that it is just going to be storage.

orgionaly i was going to actually put ceder on this and carve some doors but i think that i am going to just put poly on it once i get a fan. make a nicer one down the road.

right now i am deciding on what type of fan i am going to get. this is going to be in my room where i sleep so i was looking for something that dosnt scream.

any thoughts or comments would be much appreaciated.

sorry for the bad grammer and spelling. i try to learn a new word each day. the problem is i for get how to spell the word from the day before. know lots of words just not how to spell them.

grow_033.jpg
grow_034.jpg
grow_032.jpg

so if anyone has read my posts so far they may wonder why there are 3 instead of two.

thats because since the seeds were so cheap after i had a day to think about it i decided to try a differt method of germing two more after the paper towel method. so i just stuck two more in some soil.

so ther results are that the two i planted right in soil both grew and only one that i used the paper towel.

so over all i am pretty happy with 3 out of 4 growing...

i mentioned earlier that i had them growing in mg. so after they sproted later that day i went out and bought some ffof soil and transplanted them. they only had the tap root still so knocking most of the mg soil was not a problem.

i did that at about noon and now over 12 hours later they seem fine. al ready an inch taller.

would post new pics but my camera does not work well under the mh bulb. these are from right after the transplant.

heres a question for you guys if anyone shows up.
if i leave them in these 8 inch pots will it effect them other than size?

very nice set up, where are your temps at now? since hooking to duct this may work while a/c in on but during winter if you have winter time you may have a problem:thumb:

I dont think the 8" pots will affect them to much if you plan on keeping them small. If you want to grow'em the size of a small tree you will need bigger pots.

You can always re-pot them when they get a little bigger. I started mine all in 1 gallon pots before moving to 10 gallon grow bags (when they got around 6" tall).

when i had the vent hooked up in to the closet the temps hover around 86 to 81 when the lights were on and went down to the mid sixties when off. i was not happt at all with the twenty degree difference so i went to staples and bought some poster board and put it on the out side of the frame and i am using that at the moment.

grow_036.jpg
grow_037.jpg
grow_038.jpg

the temp in the box with out the front on is 82-77 with the lights on and drops to the low 70s with the lights off. i no longer have the vent hooked up. when i had the vent hooked up. i was working in my basement on some other projects when i walked under a piece of the ducting and was blasted by cool air. i looked and there was a fist sized hole in the top of it. when i replaced it there was enogh air flow in my room that i nolonger need the vent to circulate cool air all throught out the room with a box fan.

my rh is 50 - 38 with it mostly staying around 43.

so my plan is to knock out the wall that i had in there to expand it a little and then put wood around it. and either paint it white, or put up mylar not sure. but be fore i do that i need to get a fan because with out the fans going as they are in the pics the temp stays at 90. so right now i am looking for a fan before i do anything else to the box.

i know it looks ugly as hell but i have not somked in two years and i want to somke. so i am going to expand and improve as i go.

one plus to doing ti this way is that i get to see how the plants are going to respond as i add a piece here and there. and i know what each addition does to their enviroment as i do it so i have a better idea of what i need at the next step.

so if any one can recomend a good fan that dosent scream as like a jet engine let me know. i have thought about duct boosters but i dont know if that would be enough cfm to keep it cool.

Right now here in Oregon its in the 50's so when the lights drop so does the temp. So I bought a small heater and a timer so when the light go off the heater turns on. For a duct fan I use a 8" inline exhaust fan blower (comes in 6" too) with a rotary fan speed control (light dimmers dont work) mounted in a metal electrical box, its very quite at slow speeds and at full throttle almost implodes the tent.

control_Complete.jpg

duct_fan.jpg

search thanks for the info about the inline fan. i have seen them on ebay. and they have the wired ones at the worm's way up the road. so i'll go see if they can unbox one of them for me and see how it runs.

i love going up to worms way so gives me a good excuse. but its hard not to talk to them about growing in specfics dont want to give them to much info about my set up becaise they will figure it all out. but still they have about tem tents set up and running so its good to see the stuff in action.

plus there is a fine girl there that mores more than i can hope to know about growing.

also does any one use rosemans dyi ona fan bucket? its what i am thinking about running until i get a carbon scrubber maybe even only using that if it works well.

DAY 3
019108.jpg

018123.jpg

017133.jpg

so just took them out side and flushed them trting to wash out the remaning mg.

so when i was out at wormsway the other day i bought some ph down. and thought to my self why the hell would i need ph up. so now after an hour of emptying and refilling a gallon jug i know why.

still not sure about what i am going to do about the smell. i am planning on flowering them as soon as they get two sets of leaves and a decent size. that should give me a good idea about the smell in the long run.

search how is that carbon bucket holding up. i know you have not been running it long just wondering about the filter life.

Well I don't have any plants budding yet. But I do have a few stinky plants and I cant smell them now unless I stick my nose over a plant. I will start flowering at the end of this month so we will find out.

what is your ph reading at? seems so early to flush the soil.

your right it is early. but i was watering them with tap water while waiting on a ph tester in the mail. cheapest on at the store was eighty and then the calibration and what not.

any way when i checked the tap ph is was slightly over eight so. thought it would be best to flush with ph 5.6 filtered water. just to be safe.

DAY 6
100_02141.jpg

100_02132.jpg

100_02044.jpg

so there is some new growth not much. but i read a journal on another site by someone who was using the same seeds and they had to veg them for 60 days needless to say i am not going to do that. these were just test seeds to see if i would get them. and now i just a learning grow.

i was thinking about getting some nl or some white widow. or any suggestions for a easy grow.

Looking good, I assume that 4th seedling never came up? Northern Lights is a good beginner plant with a low odor from what I have heard/read. I would look into which # of NL you are purchasing though, #5 is supposed to be good.

As far as odor control, there are some pretty nice DIY ones that are inexpensive. I spent ~$15 making mine. (can't find link atm) It consists of 2 pencil holders (a big and small), activated carbon, nylon socks (pantyhose), and some duct tape.

Back
Top Bottom