1st Grow - Fabzster - MarsLED - Bubbleponics - Bubba Kush, Confidential Cheese - 2017

Re: 1st Grow - Fabzster - MarsLED - Bubbleponics - Bubba Kush, Confidential Cheese -

At 3% H202 in the amounts he added in his rez size, he couldn't possibly hurt anything anyway.
Hydrogen peroxide is a powerful oxidizer and bactericide. My contention (my "bold conviction" ;)) is that any H2O2 has the potential to do damage, so it is best avoided if not needed. The goal is to be strategic and not to add "a little of this, a little of that" and cross your fingers.

If it makes him feel better about his res why question his technique.
Because his plants are sick and he's asking for help?

excessive aeration may cause PH issues due to excessive oxygenation. RX green solutions for example recommends gentle agitation vs air stones. So when you recommend lots, what does that mean?
I had not heard that about excessive oxygenation. Noted with interest (particularly because I am having mysterious "pH issues" in my own hydro grow right now), but I'm still skeptical. In my experience with aquariums (not the same thing, I know), keeping water circulating and well oxygenated is a huge help in preventing problems. A stagnant reservoir full of warm water and nutrients, and with low oxygen tension is just asking for trouble. (I'm a microbiologist, so I do know something about this.)

I do appreciate your bold convictions however.

LOL. And I do appreciate your diplomatic reply. ;) It's wonderful to have a resource like this when we have questions. I know that I have benefited from all kinds of advice here.

Re: 1st Grow - Fabzster - MarsLED - Bubbleponics - Bubba Kush, Confidential Cheese -

Hi Guy's

I just want to thank you again...... all advice is appreciated. :)

With regards to the switching of the lights, I just switched it to 18/6 as the H202 indicated that it should be applied at lights out and I thought that it could do with some down time.

As for the roots, I have touched them and they are not slimy and do not smell, they are slightly tan though, so I was not sure if this was the beginning of root rot as I saw some root rot pics that were also slightly tan. I wanted to assist the plant before it got too late, but this does not seem like it's working and the plant seems to be getting worse.

I started thinking and think I know how bacteria got into the reservoir, instead of using mineral water in my res I decided to use Tap water, but the tap water was in clear plastic bottles for about a week, perhaps some bacteria grew in that time? and then I just used that for the reservoir. Come to think of it, the problems started after the first reservoir change.

Everything points to root rot, but I am unsure that it is 100% root rot, If it's not what could it be?

The reservoir temperatures sometimes reach close to max from what I have read which is 22 C (close to 70 F) most of the time its about 69F. The water is aerated with a air tube which seems to give me enough bubbles and its top fed so the submersible pump also moves the water.

I did see some slight white specs on the stem, that seem to be smaller since I added H202, so now I am wondering if there is actually stem rot as apposed to root rot.

Q&A with Jorge: Rot at Soil Line – MarijuanaGrowing.com

I unfortunately do not have access to any of the beneficial microbes, so they are out of the question unless I can try find a suitable replacement, the only stuff I could find is Biodyne Environoc 401 Microbes

Environoc 401 Beneficial Microbes for Plant Vigor / Health on Vimeo

but I am unsure that this is the correct stuff to use in my res.

I would like to clear this up and do a complete res change, but if its not sorted I will just infect the new res. Maybe I should give it another day and take it from there?

Oh and it seems like it is displaying something similar to a phosphorus deficiency with some dark mottling on the leaves.

Not really sure what to do :(

Why do you think they are dying? They look good to me.

Gauge

LOL, it is clawing down like it has been over-watered and displaying dark mottling, growth seems to be stunted as well. it definitely looks sick and if I cannot find a solution it's definitely going to die

I started thinking and think I know how bacteria got into the reservoir
Amigo, bacteria are EVERYWHERE (including inside and all over us). So are fungi and even algae. They are floating in the air all around us. So the trick isn't eradication but creating a healthy environment where the ones we like thrive and the ones we don't like don't.

Everything points to root rot, but I am unsure that it is 100% root rot, If it's not what could it be?

The reservoir temperatures sometimes reach close to max from what I have read which is 22 C (close to 70 F) most of the time its about 69F. The water is aerated with a air tube which seems to give me enough bubbles and its top fed so the submersible pump also moves the water.

I really don't think you have root rot. As a matter of fact, I'll state that with what Gauge called "bold conviction" and declare that you don't have root rot. If it makes you feel any better (though it certainly didn't make me feel any better) my res got up to 85 in the past week and no rot, though as I've said, I dose with my little buddies Bacillus amyloliquefaciens every week and have a bubbly little whirlpool bath going in there (not really, but there is a bubbler and the water is moving).

Just hang in there, work on getting the absolute basics right (light, nute levels, temperature, air circulation, etc.) and chances are your weed will recover and thrive. :)

some more pics

2017-05-31_19_44_58_resize.jpg
2017-05-31_19_44_53_resize.jpg
2017-05-31_19_45_26_resize.jpg
2017-05-31_19_45_01_resize.jpg
2017-05-31_19_45_48_resize.jpg
2017-05-31_19_41_34_resize.jpg

some more pics

DOOOOD! Your latest photo (bottom of this post) explains it all! Donchoo member my post #15 in this thread about drowning your plant in soaking wet rock wool??? I thought you took care of that back almost three weeks ago!

Here's how to fix your problem: Gently strip away that sopping rock wool from around your plant's roots. I guarantee that within 24 hours it will start looking better. (See photo below.) Do it NOW!

See my log for the lurid details.

2017-04-02_Day_13_1600_rockwoolectomy_004.JPG

Just gently reach right in there and rip off all the rock wool and replant in hydroton. Yes, you can really do this. No, it won't kill the plant, but NOT doing it might.

2017-04-05_Day_16_v_Day_13.JPG

My plant in sopping wet rock wool and after removing rock wool. Miraculous recovery!

2017-05-31_19_45_48_resize.jpg

Your plant is drowning in soaking rock wool (You're also just asking for stem rot.)

I am not sure why it keeps the rock wool so wet, I did previously move the top feed under the stones and that made it much better, but every time I lift the lid the ring moves up, I will have to make some modifications.

The question now is how am I going to remove the seedling out the net pot as it has roots growing through it into the res without damaging it and then how am I going to put it in a new net pot with hydroton without hurting it?

I am not sure why it keeps the rock wool so wet, I did previously move the top feed under the stones and that made it much better, but every time I lift the lid the ring moves up, I will have to make some modifications.

The best mod IMHO is just to stop using rock wool completely. Breathing its dust is harmful, and it suffocates plants unless very carefully and expertly watered. The seeding plugs that General Hydroponics sells (can't think of the name) are supposed to be the BEST solution.

The question now is how am I going to remove the seedling out the net pot as it has roots growing through it into the res without damaging it and then how am I going to put it in a new net pot with hydroton without hurting it?

That's why I included the link to my grow log. It's not hard to do at all. You just pull away the hydroton and then pull away the rock wool. You then set that plant in the pot and fill in hydroton around it. It's really pretty easy. You just use a light touch. I guarantee you plant will look noticeably better within 2 days or less.

The best mod IMHO is just to stop using rock wool completely. Breathing its dust is harmful, and it suffocates plants unless very carefully and expertly watered. The seeding plugs that General Hydroponics sells (can't think of the name) are supposed to be the BEST solution.

That's why I included the link to my grow log. It's not hard to do at all. You just pull away the hydroton and then pull away the rock wool. You then set that plant in the pot and fill in hydroton around it. It's really pretty easy. You just use a light touch. I guarantee you plant will look noticeably better within 2 days or less.

Yeah I think you are right I have not been very successful using rock wool, next grow I am going to attempt germination directly in the hydroton, I have seen some people are successful using this method.

My only worry is that the roots are much linger and thinner than yours was and that they will break, but I dont really have a choice If I don't remove her she will die.

The best thing I found for running a rdwc is root riot cubes. They don't allow all the extra absorption.and there super cheap. Lol.
420-magazine-mobile936312215.jpg

Back
Top Bottom