1st Grow - Fabzster - MarsLED - Bubbleponics - Bubba Kush, Confidential Cheese - 2017

Re: 1st Grow - Fabzster - MarsLED - Bubbleponics - Bubba Kush, Confidential Cheese -

I do think you are right about removing some more leaves, but that would just make it bushier wouldn't it?

Not so far as I know.

I only defol when the plant starts to choke on its own leaves. At that point transpired water starts to condense where the leaves are touching even with a fan blowing on the plant. And of course leaves that are completely shaded aren't doing much good; I figure I might as well yank them and let the plant breathe better and put some leaves where they will do some good. Defoliation seems like an art that you do by feel as much as a science.

In any case, it seem like any crazy bushiness stops when the flowers are fully formed. And I'm not sure about this yet, but I'm growing the same strain in coco coir now, and the plant is very happy, but it seems to be less bushy so maybe some of my excessive bushiness was from the miracle of hydroponics? I swear, hydro requires a lot of fussing, but the growth you get is just SO amazing. "Out of control" growth sometimes (which is a good thing).

I'm glad to see that your plants are doing so well. Please do keep posting.

Re: 1st Grow - Fabzster - MarsLED - Bubbleponics - Bubba Kush, Confidential Cheese -

Thanks, much appreciated :)

I definitely prefer growing in hydro as I do not have to mess around with pH as much and the growth is great compared to coco, what I do not like about coco is that I end up wasting lot's of water to get the root/run off pH the same as the introduced nutes, perhaps I am doing it wrong and there are a couple of tricks I need to figure out.

Also it's crazy to see how quick the hydro allows your plants to grow if there is nothing wrong with them, if I look at the seedling that was planted as insurance (critical) which is about 2 weeks old, it is almost the same height as the confidential seedling. I ended up wasting at least a month due to issues that stunted the growth of my plants, school fees I guess. :)

Do you have a journal up for the new coco grow? if so, please send me the link so I can follow it?
Dis you say that the coco grow was confidential cheese as well?

Hydro growth is nuts. I did my last grow with 24-hour-a-day light which made it doubly so.

My first coco grow (all one dwarf plant of it) is going really well, I think, but I am definitely having to learn how to do the feedings so as not to over- or underfertilize her. I'll post some of those numbers soon. (Part of the reason that I haven't already is because I'm still puzzling over how to post numbers without being totally boring.)

Here's the link to as much as I have posted so far (mostly just snapshots):

Scientific's Coconut Coir Dwarf Low Flyer Summer Pot In An Air Pot Grow

Just a little pic update :)

2017-07-06

2017-07-06_07_46_59.jpg
2017-07-06_07_46_45.jpg
2017-07-06_07_48_41.jpg
2017-07-06_07_48_34.jpg

Looking good! The bag seeds are looking great! Any idea what strain they might be?

Thanks, It's supposed to be a skunk of sorts.

I am wondering how much these guy's are going to stretch in flowering.

Looks like indica pheno's to my noob eye. Probably double in size

Looking good!

Remind us again of what we're looking at? Which plants, what growth media, what day in the cycle? Do you have two tents going?

Looking good!

Remind us again of what we're looking at? Which plants, what growth media, what day in the cycle? Do you have two tents going?

Okidoki, a little refresher is required..... it has been a little bit of a haphazard grow :)

Hydro Tent (1mx1mx1.80m)

• 2x MarsII 400w LED Lights (running the second light since saturday)
  • Hydroton Media
  • 18/6 light schedule

On the left confidential cheese (2 months 17 days) and the right is critical cheese (1 month), as you can see size wise the critical is the one that had issues with the rockwool which led me to plant the critical as insurance.

2017-07-18_18_37_24.jpg

Coco Tent (0.70x0.70mx1.60m)

• 1x 2 Foot 4 bulb T5 96w Cfl Light (Ordered another one)
  • 50% Coco 50% perlite
  • 18/6 light schedule

The bag seedlings are supposed to be some type of skunk, I had to train the plants to grow horizontally as they stretched too much as seedlings. Bag Seeds (2 months 25 days), we also can see by there size vs grow time that they had slight problems in the beginning which set them back.

2017-07-18_18_37_13.jpg

I will probably switch to flower next week for the hydro and a week later for the coco

Thanks for the update. Everything is looking good! I'm glad the Confidential Cheese snapped back. :)

2017-07-21 (Fri)

Changed reservoir and left plain pH'd water for 48 hours to prepare for the switch to flower

2017-07-21_14_11_58.jpg

2017-07-21_14_11_52.jpg

2017-07-23 (Sun)

Added 43ml grow and 21,5ml micro to reservoir this gave me 638 ppm, 1277 µS, pH 5.79.
Switched light cycle to 12/12 8am - 8pm

have some leaf issues that I forgot to mention, this seems to be fine and has not escalated in about 2 weeks so hopefully we are good, I am wondering if that was not due to the high humidity.

2017-07-23_15_36_56.jpg
2017-07-23_15_37_11.jpg

Moved bag seeds to larger 9L pots

2017-07-25 (Mon)

Had some humidity issues, so I purchased a dehumidifier to assist, seems to only be getting me down to about
55% as the lowest, I am a bit worried about getting bud rot or mold during flowering at that humidity.

Mixed new nutrients for the bag seeds.

Bag Seed #1

pH 5.68
µS 1225
ppm 613

Bag Seed #2

pH 5.62
µS 1116
ppm 570

Wait till you smoke the Bubba Kush, it's amazing. As it cures in the jar it smells like fresh cocoa LOL. Check out my journal, just chopp3d two weeks ago.

Wait till you smoke the Bubba Kush, it's amazing. As it cures in the jar it smells like fresh cocoa LOL. Check out my journal, just chopp3d two weeks ago.
Hey man. Thanks for popping in.

Unfortunately none of the bubba kush seeds made it, the only ones left are confidential cheese, critical cheese and some skunk

Hey man. Thanks for popping in.

Unfortunately none of the bubba kush seeds made it, the only ones left are confidential cheese, critical cheese and some skunk
....too bad, lol. Good luck with the rest of the grow!

Haven't had a chance to read up on all of your posts but did you figure out your spotting issue on your leaves? Looks to me like either nutrients Splash or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom