Northern Lights Auto: Budget LED & First Grow

Day 4:

I have to say, I'm loving this new hobby. My only regret is that I didn't build a larger garden. I wish there was more to do, and I seem to get bored or just waiting. After all the you tube video, blogs, journals and anything else I can get my hands on there seems to be a non stop list of orders going into amazon.

Well today I crafted a CO2 generator that's commonly found on DIY CO2 videos.

List of goods I used to craft it:
1 packet of active yeast
2 cups of sugar
1.5 litres of water
10' of clear plastic tubing
1 large bottle
1 small bottle
Hot glue gun

IMG_0016253.JPG

It's producing about 1 bubble of CO2 every 9 seconds and should last at least a month. I then have the hose from the bottle fed through the intake vent, which is then dispersed via the fan.

Frankly, I got bored. I read this doesn't make a difference until flowering, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Thoughts?

Day 4:

I have to say, I'm loving this new hobby. My only regret is that I didn't build a larger garden. I wish there was more to do, and I seem to get bored or just waiting. After all the you tube video, blogs, journals and anything else I can get my hands on there seems to be a non stop list of orders going into amazon.

1 packet of active yeast
2 cups of sugar
1.5 litres of water
1 large bottle
1 small bottle
Hot glue gun

IMG_0016253.JPG

It's producing about 1 bubble of CO2 every 9 seconds and should last at least a month. I then have the hose from the bottle fed through the intake vent, which is then dispersed via the fan.

Frankly, I got bored. I read this doesn't make a difference until flowering, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Thoughts?

Cool little build! The plants definitely love co2.

Day 4:

1 packet of active yeast
2 cups of sugar
1.5 litres of water
1 large bottle
1 small bottle
Hot glue gun

IMG_0016253.JPG

Thoughts?

I definitely got to try and make one of those, pretty cool

Hey Moss! Just noticed you have a journal. I subbed.

Looks good man. I like the 7 bulb fixture. Where can I get one and how much $? I like the carbon dioxide setup as well. If I could give any advice right now I'd say never transplant autos. You recognized that already though. Also, keep light 1-2 inches from plants. Use the hand theory... If its too hot for your hand its too hot for the plant. I bought some LEDs a week ago at home depot and they literally give off no heat. My CFLs I can touch for a second or two. The LEDs I can touch for eternity. Am def gonna invest in more of these bulbs. Near impossible to damage plants. Anyways take care good luck and see you again soon. Peace!

Day 5:

I watered this AM, then had a bit of a panic after reading and watching some videos on CalMag. I added 1.5 ml to 2L of water across 3 seedlings.

I effectively watered twice today for a total of 4L across 3 plants in 5 gallons of soil.

I know this is likely too much but I was worried about going another 2-3 days without those minerals.

Lastly I lowered my lights to about 3 inches off the seedlings.

Fingers crossed.

Day 4:

1 packet of active yeast
2 cups of sugar
1.5 litres of water
1 large bottle
1 small bottle
Hot glue gun

IMG_0016253.JPG

Thoughts?

I like the DIY CO2 generator - gonna have to get me one built. Also, do you have a spec sheet on those lights? Like to see the PAR readings if any were available.

Subbed in.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I like the DIY CO2 generator - gonna have to get me one built. Also, do you have a spec sheet on those lights? Like to see the PAR readings if any were available.

Subbed in.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Philips LED 100W A19 Daylight (5000K) Non Dimmable - Case of 8 Bulbs | The Home Depot Canada

Above is the link to the bulb. I will have 7 of those per plant when my adapter finally arrives.

I'm interested to see what you dig up. Keep in mind I have removed the opaque globe off each of the bulbs to get direct exposure to the LED.

:Namaste:

Nice bulbs but a lil expensive for el Cheapo. I currently use the 60 watters at $2 a piece (Home Depot).

Will you pls post a pic with the globe removed? It might be a good idea but I also heard it affects the spread of the light.

YouTube

I'm not at home right now but here a video, @ 4:29 you will get a good look. I removed all of my globes, looks like he only does the top half.

Day 7:

Kids are growing up so fast. I watered this AM with CalMag. 1.5ml into 2L of water. I split that 2L across all three plants.

I'm growing a bit worried about the amount of space I'm working with, not so much the head room but foot print. As a result I have decided to give 2 of my plants the best spot in the chamber, and let one struggle a bit more. If I can see room will be an issue, than my struggling plant (Peterson) will move to a friends commercial grow to finish off.

Here are the latest:

Favre: The seedling I had to help out of it's shell, and wasn't convinced would make it by far my strongest.
IMG_0018264.JPG

Moss:
IMG_0019242.JPG

Peterson:
IMG_0020244.JPG

Thinking of starting my base nutrients on my next feed, thoughts?

Day 7:

Kids are growing up so fast. I watered this AM with CalMag. 1.5ml into 2L of water. I split that 2L across all three plants.

I'm growing a bit worried about the amount of space I'm working with, not so much the head room but foot print. As a result I have decided to give 2 of my plants the best spot in the chamber, and let one struggle a bit more. If I can see room will be an issue, than my struggling plant (Peterson) will move to a friends commercial grow to finish off.

Here are the latest:

Favre: The seedling I had to help out of it's shell, and wasn't convinced would make it by far my strongest.
IMG_0018264.JPG

Moss:
IMG_0019242.JPG

Peterson:
IMG_0020244.JPG

Thinking of starting my base nutrients on my next feed, thoughts?

I say give the little girls maybe a week more then start but just my opinion I'm scared to burn my baby's

Back
Top Bottom